[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Also, it seems I can get the capsules from 2000 m/s and below into the atmosphere, even with generous aerobraking, but anything above that totals them.\

It used 100+ ablator out of the 900 just by going into 62 km aerobrake... is there a way to change how fast this stuff goes away?

Furthermore, the drag on the Big G capsule is wonked up, and keeps wanting to go sideways...

Edited by John The Physicist

On 3/8/2016 at 10:38 AM, John The Physicist said:

Furthermore, the drag on the Big G capsule is wonked up, and keeps wanting to go sideways...

I have this problem with the Stock capsules as well.  It has to do partially with what you hang on your particular craft.  

I am working my way through some lower level part fixes before I get to the Big-G (for my internal mods) but If I figure something out  on Big-G I will post it.

are you running Stock aero or are you running something like FAR?

On 3/8/2016 at 10:38 AM, John The Physicist said:

Also, it seems I can get the capsules from 2000 m/s and below into the atmosphere, even with generous aerobraking, but anything above that totals them.\

It used 100+ ablator out of the 900 just by going into 62 km aerobrake... is there a way to change how fast this stuff goes away?

It is generally good to say whether you mean stock or RSS, as many of the people who help and answer questions around here primarily play RSS. I'm assuming you mean stock (?). Some people like ablator to ablate realistically, others don't see the reason of having X amount of ablator if most of it isn't getting consumed during re-entry. I haven't seen a consensus on this one way or the other, so roughly half of users are going to be annoyed whichever way it is set up. If you want to see how to make it ablate less I suggest you take a look how we have it set up for RO and modify from there if you want. https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/blob/master/GameData/RealismOverhaul/RO_SuggestedMods/FASA/RO_FASA_ApolloCSM.cfg#L344-L360

At what altitude does the Big G capsule act strangely? Take a look at the CoM of the craft in the VAB in the configuration you are seeing the problem in. If the CoM is fairly high, it might be worth lowering it like we do for some parts in RO, like this: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/blob/master/GameData/RealismOverhaul/RO_SuggestedMods/FASA/RO_FASA_ApolloCSM.cfg#L220

Hello. I'm playing RO/RSS/RP-0 with FASA-parts, and found an interesting quirk after landing myself to the moon: back at the orbit, I couldn't transfer my science from LEM to CSM. Lost quite a bit of hard worked science there. -_-'

This was after the latest RO update (v. 10.9.3), so if transferring science the old EVA-way has been possible before, maybe that borked it? I have no experience of LEM:s behauvior prior this.

On 3/4/2016 at 5:40 AM, Solar424 said:

I'm having a problem with the included Saturn V. When I try staging after TLI the LM stays attached to the 3rd Stage. Has anyone else had this problem?

Yes, I have currently the same problem. When, I ignite the small decoupler under the LM engine bell it has catastrophic consequences.

Under RO/RSS and the recommended mods.

I choose to go to the Moon in this game and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard!

Edited by Max-Q

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, NathanKell said:

This will get updated yes. But not any time soon, too busy _fixing_ 1.1. :P

Overachievers like Roverdude really skew the expectations for everyone else, eh?  lol.

We love you, NathanKell, and Roverdude!  Thanks for all the work you put into me being able to play this game, both with Squad, and with your modding.  It is appreciated!

On 3/30/2016 at 5:50 PM, Table said:

@NathanKell Are you going to update this for 1.1?

The colliders were already updated in 1.0.5 so there is no need to update for 1.1 there are no changes that will affect this mod. The only thing that doesn't work is the reflection plugin, for that you need to contact @Starwaster because it's his mod we are not responsible for fixing it.

41 minutes ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

Eventuay, could there be a pack with the engines only? The only thing I use in FASA is the engines, and I don't really want to spend 8 minutes downlading a huge pack when I'm only going to use 10 parts. I will if I must, though

For RO there will be a separate engines pack, for stock I am not in charge of that so I can't say.

Edited by raidernick

is anyone else having this issue? everytime I launch a saturn v or nova rocket and i turn sas on the rocket swings side to side like crazy, next thing you know i get a speed rating of around 2,000,000,000 M/S

1 hour ago, Table said:

is anyone else having this issue? everytime I launch a saturn v or nova rocket and i turn sas on the rocket swings side to side like crazy, next thing you know i get a speed rating of around 2,000,000,000 M/S

All large rockets do this sort of thing. Add kerbal joint reinforcement to your mods list 

1 minute ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

All large rockets do this sort of thing. Add kerbal joint reinforcement to your mods list 

yeah, but im using the 1.1 prerelease and kjr doesn't work I guess I'll just have to wait.

10 hours ago, NathanKell said:

@Table  I appreciate you're eager, but please try to give mod makers time. Poking isn't going to help, quite the reverse. ;)

i was just wondering why the rockets always swing side to side again, and again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.