[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

On 4/17/2016 at 5:26 AM, Nucluer said:

For 1.1 can the coupler between stage 1 and stage 2 hold on to parachutes i have stage recovery and want to recover it 

Dunno if the decoupler itself can hold parachutes, but you could try attaching the parachute(s) to the part(s) that will be decoupled and stage it so that the decoupler and parachutes activate together. I've never done anything like that since I don't use stage recovery, but it might work.

I just signed in to say thank you for this awesome mod. I've been a space geek since I was a wee lad (I"m 43 now). KSP in general, and FASA in particular, let me live the childhood dreams that never did and never will actually come true for me.

Each time a new patch comes out for the game, this is the mod that keeps me on the old version until it gets updated for the new patch. I eagerly (but patiently) await news and updates on progress.

I just wanted to let you know, how much I appreciate this mod and just how awesome I think it is.

Cheers!

Edited by TalonCG
add missed text

First off, beautiful mod! Love it but am sad as I cannot separate the LEM from the adapter base on the Saturn V without catastrophic failures... does anyone know if the craft file has been updated yet? Thanks in advance!

Nothing has been updated yet. However I have been able to successfully separate the LEM by right clicking on the small adapter underneath and selecting "Decouple". I have never had a failure doing it that way.

7 minutes ago, Bleddyn said:

Nothing has been updated yet. However I have been able to successfully separate the LEM by right clicking on the small adapter underneath and selecting "Decouple". I have never had a failure doing it that way.

Yes I heard of this but I cannot manage to right click it outside if the VAB as it's so nested...

1 hour ago, pilot009 said:

Yes I heard of this but I cannot manage to right click it outside if the VAB as it's so nested...

Have you tried making an action group to decouple it?

14 hours ago, TalonCG said:

Have you tried making an action group to decouple it?

Yes I have plus many other things all with the same result. As I understand it the parts need to be updated and I see the adapter base was re-sized to raise the LEM out of the guidance unit, but I can't figure out how to get that modified part... it is code on GitHub that has to be copied? Can anyone shed some light on how to get this extended adapter base?

Edited by pilot009

The decoupler used to detach the LEM is a stock part. TR-2V Stack Decoupler.

yuYsrWY.jpg

It is very small, you can just see it under the LEM in flight, but you should be able to right click it and decouple manually.

On 5/3/2016 at 2:35 PM, pilot009 said:

First off, beautiful mod! Love it but am sad as I cannot separate the LEM from the adapter base on the Saturn V without catastrophic failures... does anyone know if the craft file has been updated yet? Thanks in advance!

Are you playing in the stock solar system, or in the Real Solar System (RSS); with or without Realism Overhaul (RO) installed?

I've found a glitch on these in 1.1.2. The Mercury Redstone engine in the saved Mercury Redstone capsule file doesn't have enough oomph to reach space. It runs out of fuel (long mercury fuel tank) and cuts out slightly above 2km up, significantly short of the last two Mercury Redstone missions, Freedom 7 and Liberty Bell 7.

For anyone having issues with parts please go to this link https://github.com/KSP-RO/FASA-RO and make an issue with a list of the EXACT parts that cause problems and a description of the problem. I need the EXACT NAMES in the part configs to fix the issue. I am not going to waste time searching around for the problems from a lazy sloppily written "it's broken" complaint.

These changes will apply to BOTH the RO versions AND stock versions of the mod!

Edited by raidernick

12 hours ago, TalonCG said:

Not a glitch. The mod is only for 1.05 currently. It hasn't been updated yet. Be patient.

I know it hasn't been updated, and nothing about my post is impatient. Reporting incompatibilities (which I'll now go and do on the link Raidernick just posted) is usually helpful when making updates. 

*edit* didn't notice raidernick's was for the realism mod, not the base FASA.

Edited by DahakUK

23 hours ago, DahakUK said:

I know it hasn't been updated, and nothing about my post is impatient. Reporting incompatibilities (which I'll now go and do on the link Raidernick just posted) is usually helpful when making updates. 

*edit* didn't notice raidernick's was for the realism mod, not the base FASA.

It's not for the realism mod, It's hosted on the RO git but any changes I make to the models are going in both versions of the mod. The RO version is done through module mangaer configs like any other mod the original configs are the stock ones still. So yes, that is the right place to report stock bugs also.

Edited by raidernick

3 hours ago, Irenicus said:

Hello!

Where I can get some list what I can build with FASA?

What exactly do I build with FASA?

For now, I have to look through a list of items and guess what you can build :(

Thank you!

Hi,

I don't believe there is a list but if you installed the mod correctly there will be a FASA save in sandbox mode with a number of craft files, including Gemini and Apollo variants, that utilize the mod's parts. You can load them up in the VAB to check them out and also copy them into your own save game.

Be aware that some parts do not work correctly in 1.1.2.

1 hour ago, SpacedInvader said:

I understand that this hasn't been updated properly to work with 1.1.2, but I'm curious if anyone has tried just the launch clamps with the newest ksp version. They are all I usually use from FASA, so I'm hoping they work.

I have not tried just the launch clamps, but the clamps from the full FASA 5.44 do seem to be working.

Of course I can't speak for the mod makers and can't guarantee anything, so back up your save :)

I was having trouble with the umbilical towers "breaking" on launchpad load so I edited the config file to increase the crashTolerance, breakingForce, and breakingTorque all by 10x (add a 0 to the end :) ). This seems to have fixed the problem for me.

I haven't tried the launch tower

Like Bleddyn, I am using the fulls suite. Iirc to add the launch towers only, copy just the \\GameData\FASA\Misc\FASA_Launch_Tower folder over, preserving the directory structure.

Yes, back up your save :D

12 hours ago, OverNyanThousand said:

Heh, wait till you load up the Lunar Saturn V. Mine instantly slagged the launchpad and subsequently crashed the game on first stage separation. (x64)

Can't wait to try it out :D

In my current career I haven't unlocked the last 2 tiers, so haven't used them. I haven't had any major issues with the other parts, at least nothing some tweaks wouldn't fix.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.