[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

On 9/6/2016 at 11:14 AM, Nukeproof said:

Every rocket from this pack seems to just flip out in 1.1.3

Your probably going to fast, turning too early or are using some other mod with it, RSS RO?

Keep your speed below terminal velocity. White atmospheric fx appear when your going way too fast

Turn slowly at 5 degree increments starting at 20k meters. This is different for RSS and RO.

14 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

@Nukeproof rocket flip outs are mostly always due to either bad design, bad piloting, or both. Just using these parts won't cause your rocket to flip out. So you're not going to get any real help until you post pictures and detailed descriptions of what you're doing that leads to your rockets flipping out.

Otherwise the best advice you'll get will be along the lines of "Dude, stop letting your rockets flip out" :P

I am using the prepared craft files with necessary adjustments, aka the landing gear etc 

10 hours ago, frizzank said:

Your probably going to fast, turning too early or are using some other mod with it, RSS RO?

Keep your speed below terminal velocity. White atmospheric fx appear when your going way too fast

Turn slowly at 5 degree increments starting at 20k meters. This is different for RSS and RO.

Is mechjeb an issue?

Do you guys know of any blueprints of the FASA Gemini/Mercury/Saturn rockets? What I mean by that is a drawing or screenshot of which parts go where on each rocket, together with the naming of these parts. I attempted the Mercury/Atlas and Saturn V sans LEM but I have no idea really if these are how they were intended from the dev (yeah I know, KSP is a lego/build what you want kind of game but I would like to see how these rockets were intended to come together). My mercury didn't look quite right with what seems to be too short fairings around the retro engine.

This also go for the LEM, the probes and all the other stuff I see in the parts collection. This single Kerbal lander thingy was particularly strange with some uneven surface underneath. I haven't found any other part with a top surface to match that.

5 minutes ago, Nukeproof said:

Hmm, even when i fly manually it still ends up upside down and back to front

Well, best of luck. Since you won't provide any details as people have asked, maybe you'll get it sorted out eventually on your own.

13 hours ago, frizzank said:

I have tried, i never experience those fx. I do not use any mods like rss or ro

On 9/8/2016 at 1:05 PM, Nukeproof said:

I am using the prepared craft files with necessary adjustments, aka the landing gear etc 

Is mechjeb an issue?

If you are Using Ascent Guidance, you CAN make a whole slew of changes to improve your rockets Flight however each of those changes except MaxQ are unique to each rocket.  IE you have to experiment with repeated launches to figure it out.   Playing a ZERO revert Career? easy, put a probe core inplace of the Parachutes on the pod and make certain to remove your crew.  That is what NASA did to learn.

I have one question no one has asked.  Are you using Kerbal Joint reinforcement?  (AKA KJR)  The Saturn V and Titan will not fly *Well* without it in a Stock+Mod game.  In a RSS/RO game I don't know but this is NOT the forum for RSS/RO discussion.

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

If you are Using Ascent Guidance, you CAN make a whole slew of changes to improve your rockets Flight however each of those changes except MaxQ are unique to each rocket.  IE you have to experiment with repeated launches to figure it out.   Playing a ZERO revert Career? easy, put a probe core inplace of the Parachutes on the pod and make certain to remove your crew.  That is what NASA did to learn.

I have one question no one has asked.  Are you using Kerbal Joint reinforcement?  (AKA KJR)  The Saturn V and Titan will not fly *Well* without it in a Stock+Mod game.  In a RSS/RO game I don't know but this is NOT the forum for RSS/RO discussion.

Yes i am using KJR and I am not using RSS

I usually use 3 or 5 degree inclinations at 600km

Edited by Nukeproof

On 9/8/2016 at 0:24 PM, LN400 said:

Do you guys know of any blueprints of the FASA Gemini/Mercury/Saturn rockets? What I mean by that is a drawing or screenshot of which parts go where on each rocket, together with the naming of these parts. I attempted the Mercury/Atlas and Saturn V sans LEM but I have no idea really if these are how they were intended from the dev (yeah I know, KSP is a lego/build what you want kind of game but I would like to see how these rockets were intended to come together). My mercury didn't look quite right with what seems to be too short fairings around the retro engine.

This also go for the LEM, the probes and all the other stuff I see in the parts collection. This single Kerbal lander thingy was particularly strange with some uneven surface underneath. I haven't found any other part with a top surface to match that.

The FASA versions comes with craft files for each of the iconic builds. I can't speak for RO or RSS.
I did this a while a go, it may not help, but it's fun!

q5QMDmB.jpg

Edited by frizzank

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing with the Launch Towers in 1.2 and have noticed that the only flaw seems to be with the Umbilical Launch Tower. It won't do any fuel refueling (which is not a problem, really) but the big problem is the Umbilical's staging icon will suddenly drop out of the Staging list and it will not activate. The umbilical doesn't hold onto the rocket but its' perplexing, none the less.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2016 at 3:03 PM, Daelkyr said:

I've been playing with the Launch Towers in 1.2 and have noticed that the only flaw seems to be with the Umbilical Launch Tower. It won't do any fuel refueling (which is not a problem, really) but the big problem is the Umbilical's staging icon will suddenly drop out of the Staging list and it will not activate. The umbilical doesn't hold onto the rocket but its' perplexing, none the less.

It's been awhile since I looked at the configs, but I seem to remember all the launch towers having typos - they had a missing "{" or an extra one, or something, that causes the part config to end before it reaches the ModuleGenerator, which it never loads. Or something.:wink:

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2016 at 7:50 PM, raidernick said:

I was going to wait for 1.2 to release before finding help for the legs. I was under the impression they would need to be redone again in 1.2, doing it twice seems counterproductive.

Dont redo it yet.  Until the Squad Team can FINALLY get a finished game, with less bugs than an African ant colony, please wait.  To many great Modders have bailed out and at some point, the few of us from the old days still want to play a finished game with the great mods you guys make.

I don't know if anyone else has this issue,  I've been trying to rebuild a less extensive mod list in hard core mode adding in planets.   aka tac life support, seti mod, etc.    I've got roughly 88 mods active and it loads up like a champ in 64 bit ,  even building the rockets in the eab works fine, but on physics load on the launch pad it gets very laggy almost slide show ish.   then after about 30 to 50 seconds I get it frozen or lock up/ crash.     not sure if I should try active texture management or open GL etc

Anyone got any advice ?

42 minutes ago, ArkaelDren said:

Dont redo it yet.  Until the Squad Team can FINALLY get a finished game, with less bugs than an African ant colony, please wait.  To many great Modders have bailed out and at some point, the few of us from the old days still want to play a finished game with the great mods you guys make.

you realize games like this are never "finished". There is no point where you cross a finish line, look behind you and say "at last we have arrived." There will always be new bugs, because there will always be new hardware and software for the game to interact with. There will be new mods that expose new bugs as well.

27 minutes ago, NemesisBosseret said:

I don't know if anyone else has this issue,  I've been trying to rebuild a less extensive mod list in hard core mode adding in planets.   aka tac life support, seti mod, etc.    I've got roughly 88 mods active and it loads up like a champ in 64 bit ,  even building the rockets in the eab works fine, but on physics load on the launch pad it gets very laggy almost slide show ish.   then after about 30 to 50 seconds I get it frozen or lock up/ crash.     not sure if I should try active texture management or open GL etc

Anyone got any advice ?

Generally a log helps. Why are you posting this in the FASA thread though - is there a reason you think this 1.0.5 mod might be causing issues (assuming you're using it)?

88 mods isn't that much (hardware depending obviously).

Posting here mostly because this was one of my favorite mods and guys in this Chathread know what they are talking about lol.    but where is the log located at again? it's been a year or more since I've played

Hardware I should be fine

I7 processor,

Msi 960 video card

16 gig ram

6tb hard drive

Unity Player [version: Unity 5.4.0p4_b15b5ae035b7]

KSP_x64.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module KSP_x64.exe at 0033:566b4059.

Error occurred at 2016-11-15_003410.
K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64.exe, run by Nemesis.
93% memory in use.
16376 MB physical memory [1044 MB free].
65528 MB paging file [1 MB free].
134217728 MB user address space [134153742 MB free].
Write to location 00000000 caused an access violation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.