[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Hi. I downloaded this mod through Ckan and it works prefectly except for the fatc that there are not ships. I mean, I have all the parts but not the complete ships. I obviously won't be able to build them so I need the ships xD

Anybody knows why they aren't there?

Thank you

5 hours ago, Xene1042 said:

Hi. I downloaded this mod through Ckan and it works prefectly except for the fatc that there are not ships. I mean, I have all the parts but not the complete ships. I obviously won't be able to build them so I need the ships xD

Anybody knows why they aren't there?

Thank you

download the latest version from Spacedock (link at OP). There is a Folder "saves" where are the craftfiles. CKAN install only the mod, not the craftfiles.

2 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

download the latest version from Spacedock (link at OP). There is a Folder "saves" where are the craftfiles. CKAN install only the mod, not the craftfiles.

I already solved my problem, but thank you very much anyway :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2017 at 5:28 PM, raidernick said:

Updated for KSP 1.3 also on CKAN

v7.2

Changelog:

• Update for ksp 1.3

https://github.com/KSP-RO/FASA-RO/releases/tag/v7.2

It's currently marked as depending on TextureReplacer in CKAN, which is only available in 1.3.0, so FASA also gets hidden on 1.3.1. (I stumbled upon this doing some unrelated CKAN stuff.)

Is this a real dependency? I've looked at the README, install instructions, release notes, and this thread, and haven't seen TR mentioned. If we remove this dependency, then FASA ought to start showing up as 1.3.1 compatible in CKAN.

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

It's currently marked as depending on TextureReplacer in CKAN, which is only available in 1.3.0, so FASA also gets hidden on 1.3.1. (I stumbled upon this doing some unrelated CKAN stuff.)

Is this a real dependency? I've looked at the README, install instructions, release notes, and this thread, and haven't seen TR mentioned. If we remove this dependency, then FASA ought to start showing up as 1.3.1 compatible in CKAN.

I could be mistaken, and I know nothing of code, but I used this mod a lot way back and I seem to recall it was for the reflections on the CM and SM (?)

2 minutes ago, OneEyedBob said:

I could be mistaken, and I know nothing of code, but I used this mod a lot way back and I seem to recall it was for the reflections on the CM and SM (?)

Thanks! Pardon me for pressing ahead with questions to which you may not recall the answer, but if TextureReplacer is not installed, will the rest of FASA work correctly? I would assume so, but I hesitate to update CKAN metadata based just on assumptions. Thanks for any answer if you remember!

44 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Thanks! Pardon me for pressing ahead with questions to which you may not recall the answer, but if TextureReplacer is not installed, will the rest of FASA work correctly? I would assume so, but I hesitate to update CKAN metadata based just on assumptions. Thanks for any answer if you remember!

@HebaruSan Yes @OneEyedBob is right TRR just was added to replace the ReflectionPlugin that was in FASA that stopped working with out them you get some grey parts not shiny one's and pretty sure you can even load them with out JSI has it was only a depended Lunar Module  or ( LEM ) it was used for looking out the LEM window so really you don't need any plugin but everything looks better with them :)

@Mecripp I had forgotten about that! In fact, I believe you need to have RPM to be able to open the LEM hatch - it allows you to click the hatch handle in the IVA. Good thing you mentioned that.

@HebaruSan I'm pretty sure Mecripp is correct, but I have a clone install I can check it out on. I haven't used FASA since before 1.3 so I want to check out if it works anyway. It should, it's mostly parts, but again I'm no code expert. I'll let you know what I find out.

6 minutes ago, OneEyedBob said:

@Mecripp I had forgotten about that! In fact, I believe you need to have RPM to be able to open the LEM hatch - it allows you to click the hatch handle in the IVA. Good thing you mentioned that.

@HebaruSan I'm pretty sure Mecripp is correct, but I have a clone install I can check it out on. I haven't used FASA since before 1.3 so I want to check out if it works anyway. It should, it's mostly parts, but again I'm no code expert. I'll let you know what I find out.

O Kerbal I forgot about the hatch whoops

Ok, @HebaruSan and  @Mecripp

The CM and SM work fine but as Mecripp mentioned are grey. Additionally you do lose the nifty mirror in the LEM pilot's window that allowed you to get a visual below the LEM. It's just a grey triangle.

Indeed you do need RPM to be able to open the LEM hatch; tried a number of different things, couldn't get it to open, and you can't EVA unless you do.

I still like this mod :)

• 1 month later...

I know I'm probably asking a dumb question here but I'm a dumb guy, what can I say. I'm trying to build a Saturn 5 from scratch using this mod. When I get to the first and second stages, I can only attach one engine and there should be 5. What am I doing wrong?

15 hours ago, MikeO89 said:

Can Tweak Scale be made to work with this mod?

You can do this yourself. Make a new .cfg and insert:

@PART[Part1|Part2|Part3]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Science]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}

At Part1|Part2|Part3... you can insert the partnames. The partnames can be found in the configs of the parts.

Thanks. Another question. I am trying to build a Saturn 5 from scratch. When I get to the Lunar Lander. I can't make it attach to the bottom of the Service Module rocket.  There is no attach point. I can sit it the but it just sits there and when I try to launch, it's gone. Any tips?

Edited by MikeO89

11 minutes ago, MikeO89 said:

Thanks. Another question. I am trying to build a Saturn 5 from scratch. When I get to the Lunar Lander. I can't make it attach to the bottom of the Service Module rocket.  There is no attach point. I can sit it the but it just sits there and when I try to launch, it's gone. Any tips?

As like the real one, the Lunar Lander isn`t attached to the Servicemodul at launch. It is attached into the petaladapter/cargobar. In space you must decouple the Command-module from the petal, open the petal/cargobay, make a 180° turn with the command-module and dock it to the lunar module. Then decouple the Lunar-module from the petal/cargobay.

Edited by Cheesecake

Thanks for replying, appreciate it. Man I spent some hours on this. Finally saw what you were talking about. I saw two options, the stock FASA connector (where you have to manually put on the clear see through fairings) and another one that was a pedal adapter. First on the FASA one. I kept having problems after docking with LEM, I could not get rid of the connector. Just sat there looking stupid making me look stupid. Then I tried the pedal adapter (which I liked a lot better). On that one, I would open the pedal and could not separate the the service module from the LEM (they were acting as one). Don't even know how many times I went back and forth to VAB to do adjustments on both of these setups.  Finally got the pedal one working by putting a stack separator at the bottom of the SM and then attached the pedal adapter and putting a small decoupler  under the LEM on the other end to be able to separate the adapter after docking. Now docking is a whole new horse of a different color. I can't for the life of me do it for excrements. Just lining something up is a big deal for me as the control scheme is really weird for my brain. When I want to go one direction I always hit the wrong button, jeez I suck. Using Mechjeb 2 to auto dock but it's cattywompus and takes me umteen tries even with that. The FASA Apollo docking parts (the male and female) is finicky as hell, it has a tendency to touch and bounce but not dock (more than once I've used all my RCS gas at auto docking attempts and was left dead in space, sitting there looking at the screen going man oh man). Any better docking setups out there? As an old Apollo day space nut, my goal is to land on the moon and return safely with the Apollo Saturn 5 (and fly Falcon 9 and land the first stage and even think of being boldly talented enough to fly Falcon Heavy and land all 3 stage, what a rush that would be). I'm a hell of a long way from doing that right now, I'll tell you that (and this is with using Mechjeb all the way). Right now I can go around the moon and come back safely (albeit using every drop of fuel and monopropellant I have) just to do that. The FASA service module holds little and uses a lot (for me anyway). I'm rambling but have to admit, this whole thing is fun as hell. Best $30 I ever spent getting this game. Don't know how good I'm ever going to get doing this but I'll keep chuggin.

Edited by MikeO89

On 12/14/2017 at 4:34 PM, HebaruSan said:

You can opt to use TextureReplacerReplaced.  TRR is 1.3.1 ready.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.