[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but whenever I try to use the FASA lunar ascent module (installed indirectly, via Realism Overhaul's CKAN settings) I encounter this recurring problem: 

1  - An EVA kerbal takes experiments on the surface (i.e. EVA report, Surface Sample).

2 - That Kerbal re-enters the Ascent module with the experiments.

3 - I fly the Ascent Module back up to orbit, and dock it with the Command Module.

4 - I have no idea now how to get my EVA report and Surface Sample out of the Ascent Module other than to transmit them via antenna (and take the hit on the Surface Sample because I didn't bring it home physically).  The usual stock way of being able to right click the module with an EVA Kerbal and pick "take data" is missing from the context menu for the Ascent Module.  I've tried and tried and it's just not there and I can't find any equivalent menu option.  So I can't get the experiment home to get full credit for it.  It's definitely in there, because I can see it when I use the "review" option to look at the experiments in the Ascent Module.  But I don't know how to get it out.

Have other people noticed this problem?  Is it something that just happens on my install only or is this working as designed and I'm missing something.  (Also usually the "open hatch" option doesn't work after I re-dock with the CM.  I can't get the hatch open and have to transfer crew with EVA back to the CM.  The menu option is there, but clicking it does nothing.)

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question about trying to use a pedal adapter to house the LEM instead of the stock fairings in Apollo.  The pedal I'm using says in the description to use a stack separator to jettison from the CSM (so it won't stick to the pedal adapter). There is a problem in doing that. The stack separator jettisons the pedal adapter fine but has a problem releasing itself from the CSM, wobbling around on it and eventually works it's way loose after some time. I even tried using a spacer between the CSM and stack separator thinking it was jamming up against the CSM engine mount but it made no difference. Stack separator still gets jammed up. The CSM engine mount apparently doesn't want to play nice with a non FASA part it seems. Any ideas as I like a pedal a lot more than those stock fairings that float away on their own.

Edited by MikeO89

• 2 weeks later...

Can you update to 1.4.1? It works fine except what the RCS thrusters make a way to big flame, this really annoys me. I think it's because the new Unity. Also I think the parachutes don't slow me that much down as they should (VS: -80 m/s) Which leads to boom. Please do that!! Thanks! 

14 minutes ago, MikeO89 said:

Has anyone tried this mod in 1.4.1 to see if it still works? This mod is the one I use most for my Apollo moon missions and I can't do without it. The thought of losing it is what's keeping me from upgrading from 1.3.1.

I mean, bluedog design has nearly ALL of the same parts and is constantly being worked on and adding cool historical parts. I have not seen anyone use FASA faithfully since 1.0.5. And it’s textures where done extremely well. If you haven’t been looked at that mod, you are missing out.

Edited by Galileo

I'm having the parts looked at and perhaps adding someone to the team to maintain this in the future. At such a time it's updated, instead of constantly posting the releases here and having them lost in the posts either this thread will be requested to be taken over or locked and linked to a new one. THIS RELEASE WORKS IN STOCK NOT JUST RO DESPITE THE NAME).

On a side note, posting bugs/complaints in this thread will get you no help whatsoever with any real issues with the parts. You MUST make an issue on github if you want your report taken seriously and eventually fixed.

EDIT: FASA version 7.2.2 released here: https://github.com/KSP-RO/FASA-RO/releases/tag/v7.2.2     THIS RELEASE WORKS IN STOCK TOO, NOT JUST RO DESPITE THE NAME).

Edited by raidernick

Just a small question and the LEM legs. For me that make no sound at all when the lander legs are being extended. I believe there is a sound file that is supposed to be heard when the gear key is being pressed. Anyone know how to make this work?

On 3/16/2018 at 7:24 AM, Tito_zz said:

Can you update to 1.4.1? It works fine except what the RCS thrusters make a way to big flame, this really annoys me. I think it's because the new Unity. Also I think the parachutes don't slow me that much down as they should (VS: -80 m/s) Which leads to boom. Please do that!! Thanks! 

To fix this you need to change the rcs module to this

EFFECTS
    {
        running
        {
            AUDIO_MULTI_POOL
            {
                channel = Ship
                transformName = RCSthruster
                clip = sound_rocket_mini
                volume = 0.0 0.0
                volume = 0.1 0.0
                volume = 0.5 0.025
                volume = 1.0 0.1
                pitch = 0.0 0.75
                pitch = 1.0 1.5
                loop = true
            }
            MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE
            {
                modelName = Squad/FX/Monoprop_small
                transformName = RCSthruster
                emission = 0.0 0.0
                emission = 0.1 0.0
                emission = 1.0 1.0
                speed = 0.0 0.8
                speed = 1.0 1.0
                localRotation = -90, 0, 0
            }
        }        
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleRCSFX
        stagingEnabled = False
        thrusterTransformName = RCSthruster
        thrusterPower = 1
        resourceName = MonoPropellant
        resourceFlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
        runningEffectName = running
        atmosphereCurve
        {
            key = 0 240
            key = 1 100
            key = 4 0.001
        }
    }

@frizzank

Hey, nice to see you around KSP again. I once worked on some patched to bring FASA to 1.2.2 and also tried to investigate the RCS stuff on 1.4.1 and tested a similar change (took from vanilla RCS) with the Apollo CSM RCS... But in the end I had one problem. Only one direction generated the RCS sound. I don't know which it was, FWD/AFT/ROLLLEFT/ROLLRIGHT... on the rotation controls one didn't noticed that issue immediately, because on rolling you have a fair chance that out of the four 4-side-RCS at least one thruster fires the working tube...
I gave up here, for now, was unsure if the model maybe needs an update... is there something in the model (like the  thrusttransform or something like that), that maybe would need an update? Are there things in the model, which could be related, which you cannot fix only from the CFG side?

BR o/
JebsSY

21 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

@frizzank

Hey, nice to see you around KSP again. I once worked on some patched to bring FASA to 1.2.2 and also tried to investigate the RCS stuff on 1.4.1 and tested a similar change (took from vanilla RCS) with the Apollo CSM RCS... But in the end I had one problem. Only one direction generated the RCS sound. I don't know which it was, FWD/AFT/ROLLLEFT/ROLLRIGHT... on the rotation controls one didn't noticed that issue immediately, because on rolling you have a fair chance that out of the four 4-side-RCS at least one thruster fires the working tube...
I gave up here, for now, was unsure if the model maybe needs an update... is there something in the model (like the  thrusttransform or something like that), that maybe would need an update? Are there things in the model, which could be related, which you cannot fix only from the CFG side?

BR o/
JebsSY

Models for all parts have already been fixed in the many releases I've posted here... trying to use the 1.0.5 version in any version of ksp above 1.1 is pointless as it needs way more than just a few cfg tweaks to make work. Use the updated versions posted here.....

frizzank, raidernick! thank you a lot for trying to keep pace to updates. i really loved fasa from the first time and still was missing it. as it is not updated on spacedock my fault to think it was no more mantained. thanks and good work!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2018 at 3:03 PM, Galileo said:

I mean, bluedog design has nearly ALL of the same parts and is constantly being worked on and adding cool historical parts. I have not seen anyone use FASA faithfully since 1.0.5. And it’s textures where done extremely well. If you haven’t been looked at that mod, you are missing out.

I have used the Bluedog mod and while it's close, it still doesn't match the FASA Apollo mod for straight up Apollo realism (just an opinion from a die hard Apollo junkie who has played both). I keep a copy of 1.3.1 just for playing FASA Apollo. Have played way too many Apollo moon missions with it to give it up. Every time I play those missions, I still get a nostalgic rush. I have 1.4.2 and DLC and while there is a lot to like about it, for me the ksp attempt at Apollo is not one of them. Just doesn't cut it for me for Apollo.

As a side note to FASA players. The FASA Apollo mod plays fine in 1.4.3 if you change out the FASA CSM thrusters, the LEM thrusters, and the APS flight pack and disable the built in RCS in the CM. Everything else seems to play fine.

Edited by MikeO89

• 4 months later...

Are the RCS thrusters in this new version going to work now in 1.4.3? I still use the FASA mod (7.2.1) in 1.4.3. Everything still works but the RCS thrusters and APS flight pack.

On a side note. I'm a stickler for hard no bounce landing legs. The FASA LEM landing legs is still the only one I've used to date that has landing characteristics of a straight no bounce no flex landing. Hell I put those legs on everything I can get them to fit on because of it. Never could figure out how to change the config on the stock LT-1, LT-2 legs to get the damper and spring out. Those legs perform more like pogo sticks than landing legs.

Edited by MikeO89

• 1 month later...

hola frizzank, voy a informarle un pequeño problema que tengo, bueno, el problema es que no puedo dejar el módulo lunar, intento muchas veces pero no puedo irme, por favor dígame como puedo arreglar esto, if i can, by the way, good mod i think is the best so thank you to make it 

Edited by supr473
a too large text

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.