[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

I'll answer my own question I posted. Tried 7.2.3 in ksp 1.4.3 and RCS thrusters in the mod still do not work right. Still spews that long weird plume and it is still backwards. I saw no difference between 7.2.3 and 7.2.1. Still use this mod though, still love the parts. Apollo is golden, especially the LEM. Still today nothing matches it. Just can't use the RCS parts in it.

Edited by MikeO89

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2018 at 11:45 PM, Demon Wolf said:

any one know wher i can get the craft files ther not in the DL 

Go to page 207 of this thread and y90u can find them there. The poster you are looking for is located on taht page under the poster known as  gc1ceo.

Space_Coyote

Edited by Space_Coyote

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2018 at 12:11 AM, Space_Coyote said:

Go to page 207 of this thread and y90u can find them there. The poster you are looking for is located on taht page under the poster known as  gc1ceo.

Space_Coyote

i see those craft files from page 207 are all from 2015. that is a long time and several versions ago, so i assume they either don't work or are buggy af. does anyone have any craft files from a recent built?

6 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

i see those craft files from page 207 are all from 2015. that is a long time and several versions ago, so i assume they either don't work or are buggy af. does anyone have any craft files from a recent built?

Did you download and test them or is it only a guess of you? FASA hasn`t a major update since years. Only new recompiles, no changes of the parts. So the craft-files work.

3 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Did you download and test them or is it only a guess of you? FASA hasn`t a major update since years. Only new recompiles, no changes of the parts. So the craft-files work.

only a guess. not currently near my gaming machine now so can't test, which is why i was reaching out to this wonderful community to check. 

If you are running 1.3.1, everything works fine. But from 1.4.1 and up, RCS and certain rocket motors no long function correctly. I still use the FASA parts for certain things Apollo, Their LEM remains unequaled (providing you swap out the LEM RCS thrusters and I believe the ascent engine). I still fly the Apollo moon missions when I'm in the Apollo mood, and after many iterations of chosen parts, I now fly a hybrid Apollo moon rocket with parts from FASA, Blue Dog and first stage from DLC (with FASA F1 Engines). There are still plenty of usable parts in this mod. For me, if I used nothing else in this mod, the LEM legs alone make it worth installing. To date these the the only legs I've used on a craft that land the way a landing is supposed to be without the toy like Squad bounce nonsense. That alone for me makes them priceless. The trick is getting them to fit on something non Apollo.

Edited by MikeO89

4 hours ago, MikeO89 said:

If you are running 1.3.1, everything works fine. But from 1.4.1 and up, RCS and certain rocket motors no long function correctly. I still use the FASA parts some certain things Apollo, Their LEM remains unequaled (providing you swap out the LEM RCS thrusters and I believe the ascent engine). I still fly the Apollo moon missions when I'm in the Apollo mood, and after many iterations of chosen parts, I now fly a hybrid moon rocket with parts from FASA, Blue Dog and first stage from DLC (with FASA F1 Engines). There are still plenty of usable parts in this mod. For me, if I used nothing else in this mod, the LEM legs alone make it worth installing. To date these the the only legs I've used in a craft that land the way a landing is supposed to be without the Squad bounce nonesense. That alone to me makes them priceless. The trick is getting them to fit on something non Apollo.

ah ok interesting. yes i downloaded the bluedog set as well and was trying to compare to see if one was better than the other since they both seem to cross similar territory

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Speaking of the "F". Can you fix the plume in the RCS thrusters to finally work in this mod past version 1.3.1? I think you are the only dude who could and would do it. STILL use the FASA mod (still the greatest Apollo mod of all time),  but damn, it's a shame those beautiful FASA RCS thrusters are going to waste!

Edited by MikeO89

There is nothing wrong with the rcs thrusters I use this all of the time in 1.3.1 and 1.4.5....

Maybe if you were using the fixed/updated version posted here many many MANY times already it would work for you too...

Edited by raidernick

Well I don't know what's messed up on my end then. I have been updated to the latest FASA mod since it came out and on any ksp version after 1.3.1 the Apollo RCS thrusters have fired backwards with large blue plume. Here is my FASA version

{
    "NAME":"FASA",
    "URL":"http://raw.githubusercontent.com/KSP-RO/FASA-RO/master/GameData/FASA/FASA.version",
    "DOWNLOAD":"https://github.com/KSP-RO/FASA-RO/releases",
    "GITHUB":
    {
        "USERNAME":"raidernick",
        "REPOSITORY":"FASA",
        "ALLOW_PRE_RELEASE":false,
    },
    "VERSION":
    {
        "MAJOR": 7,
        "MINOR": 2,
        "PATCH": 3,
        "BUILD": 0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION":
    {
        "MAJOR": 1,
        "MINOR": 4,
        "PATCH": 5,
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MIN": {
        "MINOR": 2,
        "PATCH": 0,
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MAX": {
        "MINOR": 4,
        "PATCH": 99,
    }
}

Edited by MikeO89

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, MikeO89 said:

This is FASA 7.23 in KSP 1.4.3. Does same thing in KSP 1.5.1 and 1.6.1

I think I have a fix I can apply that should work. I am having issues with the pbr shaders now though so I can't release that fix until that problem is also solved.

I tested it with csm rcs thrusters and LEM rcs thrusters along with using rcs in apollo cm built in rcs and all worked fine again! Got the beautiful FASA thrusters back, very cool! I also tested the APS Flight pack (which also has rcs built in) but it still is not working right. By any chance can you fix that too? Thanks for the work

Edited by MikeO89

1 hour ago, MikeO89 said:

I tested it with csm rcs thrusters and LEM rcs thrusters along with using rcs in apollo cm built in rcs and all worked fine again! Got the beautiful FASA thrusters back, very cool! I also tested the APS Flight pack (which also has rcs built in) but it still is not working right. By any chance can you fix that too? Thanks for the work

Try version 7.2.5

Holy crap dude! I can't even tell you how much you made my day. An avid FASA mod user since I discovered it. After 1.3.1 when the rcs thrusters started having this issue, I had to come to terms that this is just the way it might stay. Now you resurrected it to be in prime time again. I can once again use all FASA parts. Yeah! Thank you much.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

FASA used to come with all of the craft files and subsegments included in the main download, is that not the case anymore?

The craft files are not included anymore because the game updates so often and things break the craft files and I don't want to fix them. Nobody offered to fix them so they were removed to avoid giving out broken files. If you want craft files included feel free to contribute to the git, if not, you'll have to live without them.

16 minutes ago, raidernick said:

The craft files are not included anymore because the game updates so often and things break the craft files and I don't want to fix them. Nobody offered to fix them so they were removed to avoid giving out broken files. If you want craft files included feel free to contribute to the git, if not, you'll have to live without them.

haha there's no way i could build the rockets from scratch. there's so many parts you'd need an engineering degree. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.