[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

On 3/11/2019 at 1:49 AM, MikeO89 said:

Holy crap dude! I can't even tell you how much you made my day. An avid FASA mod user since I discovered it. After 1.3.1 when the rcs thrusters started having this issue, I had to come to terms that this is just the way it might stay. Now you resurrected it to be in prime time again. I can once again use all FASA parts. Yeah! Thank you much.

Hi @MikeO89, did you manage to get the RCS working on the APS units with the MMH/NTO fuels or are you in Stock? 

@raidernick I managed to get the them working using hyperbolic's by editing Apollo_APS.cfg but then I guess that will break it if I want to use it in Stock. Do you know what needs to be edited to do it properly or is it more complicated than that? I wanted to edit something in the the RO folder to keep FASA in tact but couldn't find what needed changing so maybe the RO config is missing altogether.

Thanks for maintaining this mod btw. Just getting back into KSP with RO/RSS which I never used before and FASA really makes it awesome and a great learning experience for the Apollo era.

Edit. On further investigation it seems to me (I'm not a programmer by any stretch though so take this with a grain of salt) that the introduction  of "name = ModuleRCSFX" to fix thruster fx has broken the interaction with RO/RSS. I think this is the same for the Command Module Thrusters. Either that or I'm doing something wrong.

Edited by ecob81

On 3/28/2019 at 5:56 AM, dresoccer4 said:

haha there's no way i could build the rockets from scratch. there's so many parts you'd need an engineering degree. 

Thats the problem, ive tried and failed! So many parts (which are awesome) but no really guide on how to assemble them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Gemini Lander engine also has the same issue that the previous RCS thruster and APS Flight Pack has before you fixed it. Hadn't tried that engine until now or I would have reported it back when. It's a cool little engine, hope if you have time Raidernick, that you might fix it also. Thanks

10 hours ago, MikeO89 said:

The Gemini Lander engine also has the same issue that the previous RCS thruster and APS Flight Pack has before you fixed it. Hadn't tried that engine until now or I would have reported it back when. It's a cool little engine, hope if you have time Raidernick, that you might fix it also. Thanks

I noticed a whole bunch of issues with fasa in 1.6.1 and ro/Ross in general. This is almost always due to the rcs or thrust transform placements and scaling. Can you compile a list if all parts that are still broken in 1.6.1 or 1.7. I am fairly sure I fixed the rcs issues in the latest ro release.

3 hours ago, MikeO89 said:

As far as I can see  all RCS thrusters and APS Flight pack were fixed at last update. The only one I can still see acting funny now is the little Gemini Lander Engine.

it works in rss/ro, what's wrong with it in stock?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the work of all people involved in keeping this mod alive, i'm having a lot of fun with it replaying historic space missions.

One tiny problem though, the Gemini capsule PAW doesn't have a fuel cell option.

Spoiler

l8IYxsV.png

Do i have to change the default fuel setup, or is this a bug?

KSP 1.6.1,

RSS 16.2

RO 12.7. 1

FASA 7.2.5

eta1:

with just FASA, RPM and modulemanager installed, the fuel cell option is there.

So i guess RO ate it somehow, any idea how i could bring it back?

eta2:

Here is the RO cfg file for FASA Gemini pod, according to this i need Liquid Hydrogen and Liquid Oxygen to produce electricity, but i think i have plenty of both.

Looks like RO is supposed to add it's own fuel cell to the pod, but for some reason it doesn't.

Log

eta3:

Turns out the RO Gemini config changes the fuel cell to "TacGenericConverter", which comes from TAC Life Support mod.

After installing TACLS, the fuel cell option does show up on the Gemini Adapter Equipment Section. So i guess this is a RO problem, since they don't specify TACLS as a dependency, only a recommendation.

Edited by Buflak

• 2 weeks later...

Hey kerbonauts, I've got a little problem. I don't kow if it's a bug or if I'm doing something wrong. I hope this is the right thread to post my problem.

I build an Apollo 11 / Saturn V "like" rocket thingy and everything works fine so far - with one exception: After separating the CSM from the S IVB, turning and docking with the LEM, I can't pull the LEM off the LEM attachment plate. The LEM is just stuck on the attachment plate. The decoupling function seems not do work/do anything.

I am using

• Current KSP (Steam) with both official DLC
  • FASA 7.2.5
  • MechJeb
  • Hullcam VDS

Spoilers contains vessel download-link.

I would be very grateful if somebody could maybe take a look at the ship and help me with troubleshooting.

Edited by Laird
edited Vessel link again

6 minutes ago, Laird said:

Spoilers contain vessel data and download-link.

Hey Laird, Huge Walls of Text, even in spoilers, can cause issues for some users on some platforms, so we ask you host your large files on outside servers and link them here, which you did with the Kerbal X.  :D.  If there is something specific within the craft file you need to bring to our attention, then pasting in a small section of it would be fine.  Good luck with your issue. 

Just now, Gargamel said:

Hey Laird, Huge Walls of Text, even in spoilers, can cause issues for some users on some platforms, so we ask you host your large files on outside servers and link them here

Oh, I'm sorry. Thanks for the advice, I'll keep that in mind. :)

On 7/28/2019 at 5:56 AM, Laird said:

Hey kerbonatus, I've got a little problem. I don't kow if it's a bug or if I'm doing something wrong. I hope this is the right thread to post my problem.

I build an Apollo 11 / Saturn V "like" rocket thingy and everything works fine so far - with one exception: After separating the CSM from the S IVB, turning and docking with the LEM, I can't pull the LEM off the LEM attachment plate. The LEM is just stuck on the attachment plate. The decoupling function seems not do work/do anything.

I solved the problem by myself. Still now sure if I missed something with the inital problem - I just solved it by adding a "Big G" Decoupler with almost no force set which i stage after CSM/LEM coupling. This separates the LEM from the SIVB correctly.

For those who are interested in the vessel anyways, I updated the craft file on KerbalX. The vessel is now fully operational. Including abort action group.

Edited by Laird
edited Vessel link again

• 2 weeks later...

I need help with the ALSEP parts. I'm doing a RO lunar landing and found earlier in this thread that the ALSEP parts should be put in the alsep box, but I can't find that part for the LM anywhere. Am I missing something?

I’m playing on a 1.3.1. installation with Realism Overhaul, RP-1, fasa, kas, principia.

Edited by Haukifile
Edit in version & mods

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

I'm getting this Errors in my logs:

190831T164738.059 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/FoilBlack' not found!
190831T164738.062 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/RCS_box_NRM' not found!
190831T164738.080 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/FoilWhite' not found!
190831T164738.084 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/4bolts' not found!
190831T164738.088 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/4bolts_NRM' not found!
190831T164738.131 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/FoilWhite' not found!
190831T164738.136 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/FoilGold' not found!
190831T164738.165 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/FoilWhite' not found!
190831T164738.169 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/FoilGold' not found!
190831T164738.174 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/FoilBlack' not found!
190831T164738.188 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/FoilWhite' not found!
190831T164738.192 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/wall1_DIFFUSE' not found!
190831T164738.196 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/wall1_nrm' not found!
190831T164738.212 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/RCS_box_NRM' not found!
190831T164738.219 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/rusty' not found!
190831T164738.738 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/Apollo_CSM_n' not found!
190831T164738.897 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'FASA/Apollo/FASA_Apollo_Str/LFT_S1B_Stage1_n' not found!
190831T164740.226 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'FASA/Gemini2/FASA_Gemini_Engine_Fuel2/Gemini_RCSFuel_Pack' not found!
190831T164740.488 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'FASA/Gemini2/FASA_Gemini_LR91_Pack/LFT_Fairing_n' not found!

190831T164742.688 [ERROR] [PartReader.ReadTextures] Texture 'FASA/Props/LM_CompDisplay/GrayLight' not found!

Are they a problem?

My Logs: https://www.tancredi.nl/downloads/logs.zip

Do you need more information?

23 hours ago, N3N said:

Hey,

I'm getting this Errors in my logs:

Are they a problem?

My Logs: https://www.tancredi.nl/downloads/logs.zip

Do you need more information?

you are posting this in like every single part mod thread. Clearly all of these mods are not broken, the answer I gave you in my other thread applies here also.

EDIT: the answer also applies to any other mod I work on so don't post this same question in my other threads.

Edited by raidernick

[snip] t's not a problem of how I installed it.

These Errors exists, because the files aren't in the newest download-file (or in that location).

So others should have the same errors, too.

I just wanted to help and wanted to ask, how to deal with this errors.

---

Sorry for my english, it's only my third language.

Edited by Vanamonde

16 hours ago, raidernick said:

you are posting this in like every single part mod thread. Clearly all of these mods are not broken, the answer I gave you in my other thread applies here also.

EDIT: the answer also applies to any other mod I work on so don't post this same question in my other threads.

Hello,

After you edited your post to a better response, I can write you this:

I post it only on threads where it belongs and not on all mods your answer applies.

(Only because it seems to work, it doesn't mean errors don't get logged!)

And a simple answer was all I wanted, now I know it and maybe it helps others that have similar questions, too.

So, thank you.

Edited by N3N

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.