[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Stage one of the updates will be converting to .21 file system. Im goign to combine the textures of the ones that share them. Should cut out about 10mb of textures.

Stage two will be an Agena Target Vehicle and a redo of the Gemini Exterior Capsule.

Stage three im going to do a new exterior of the mercury capsule and a proper atlas engine/decoupling system.

Stage four will be a Big Gemini advanced crew compartment and Manned Orbiting Laboratory.

Big_Gemini.png

I would love to see a proper Mercury and Agena. The Agena I cobbled and clipped together went wibbly on me just after docking, so I undocked and backed off to 100 metres or so. Good thing I did, because it exploded soon after!

LOL

Well, at least, your Agena went "Angry Alligator" AFTER docking for a change... :D

LOL

Well, at least, your Agena went "Angry Alligator" AFTER docking for a change... :D

I wish I had gotten some screen grabs. About a minute after docking, a fuselage part I had so cleverly (as in completely foolishly) clipped near the docking port because it looked kewl began to drift out through the Agena's fuel tank. All this extra clipping caused everything to slowly tumble. I undocked the Gemini and backed off before the spin got bad. Soon after, the Agena exploded. There's a slowly expanding cloud of Agena debris about 200km over Kerbin now. :0.0::blush:

So it says Big Gemini held 9 extra people. Is this excessive?

Or do you want a space bus capable of carrying large numbers of Kerbals to orbit. I like it because there is not really anything in Kerbal that will handle large numbers of Kerbals for transport.

On the other hand, if you crash you will kill 11 Kerbals! Severely reducing your astronaut count.

I like the idea of having an 11-passenger Big G. I tend to use the Dragon for taking up a larger crew right now, but I would prefer a souped up Gusmobile any day.

is this still in .19?

Nope. It was updated to 0.20.2 Here's the Spaceport link: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/gemini-and-mercury-frizzank-aeronautical-space-administration-fasa/

If you read a few post above you'll see that Sir frizzank is working on some neat new stuff for us. He had to help Sir Tiberion on updating NovaPunch first. So if you have a copy of 0.20.2 still, go enjoy this pack. The Gusmobile flies like a dream. :cool:

Oh sweet Gemini, at long last I have found you!

A simple upgrade of KSP and an updated Novapunch, was all it took to steal you away from me.

For months I was lost, and my heart so wept for thee... ;.;

Uh... something something........ lalala doo-bee-doo wah-waah? :blush:

Thank you, frizzank. Glad to see that Gemini is still alive and kicking. :)

So an interesting question , is a winged gemini even possible to fly? Or rather glide to a safe landing?

I had to remove the parachute, don't need one anyways, and create a more aerodynamic nosecone (lowered the drag on the old one so it doesn't try to come down bottom first).

But yes it can glide to a landing. Although would probably be really difficult without the new SAS system in place.

9sdlOAT.jpg

O97i5jw.jpg

9IobUyI.jpg

Before I start modeling them I wanted to get opinions on wings for Gemini?

So after some research I found out that the glider parachute version of gemini is not real practical in KSP, not without a custom mod anyway, but with my experimentation a static winged Gemini is possible.

The nose cone would contain the wing and lifting body and would slip on over gemini standard, so I would not have to make 2 identical pods. I would also have to add some snow speeder-esk flap parts for control surfaces that you would have to add on to gemini.

zgemwing.jpg

I would also have to add some snow speeder-esk flap parts for control surfaces.

gemwingi.jpg

gemwin1.jpeg

So here is a quick update. I re-did the Gemini Pod exterior and im still working on textures, but you can see how much I have done.

Some may ask why are you redoing it?

1. The pod is still largely Tosh's, with some tweaks and re-texturing I did early on. I would really like this mod to be a showpiece of my own artwork, and not just my ability to tag someone else's stuff. So it got remade.

2. Also the interior I did never fully lined up with the exterior, now it lines up perfectly.

3. The original was in the wrong scale as well. Now all the parts will have their standard scale at 1:1 with no funky rescaleFactor business in the cfg.

It's texture resolution is higher than the original on the right.

SsVPg3G.jpg

71umEaP.jpg

And I also wanted to show everyone how I see the world, as a collection of intersecting spline

s!

lENpbiu.jpg

Before I start modeling them I wanted to get opinions on wings for Gemini?

So after some research I found out that the glider parachute version of gemini is not real practical in KSP, not without a custom mod anyway, but with my experimentation a static winged Gemini is possible.

I wonder if it might be possible if the wing were created as variant of Hooligan's airship envelopes, relying on his plug-in? The buoyancy would have to be very low, of course, and I don't know if it's possible to generate actual speed-dependent lift from those envelopes. Just a thought... :)

The nose cone would contain the wing and lifting body and would slip on over gemini standard, so I would not have to make 2 identical pods. I would also have to add some snow speeder-esk flap parts for control surfaces that you would have to add on to gemini.

I think this is potentially a better solution, anyway. I really like the look of the lifting-body accessory part for the standard capsule.

I am trying to avoid requiring plugins as part of the mod, unless they do something really cool I cant live without, or are incredibly simple that I can manage myself.

Plugins complicate things as far as making sure everything is up to date and compliant with the external plugin.

An update to the plugin, could potentially break the mod or vice verse. This would force an impromptu hot-fix, that would potentially break something else.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.