[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Hmm i seem to have a problem with the dock port. I can set in action groups the "Undock Node" and the "Decouple Node" commands, but they dont respond in launch. And they dont appear on right click menu either.

The standard "Decouple" command works in both AC's or right click.

Anyone else has this, or did i mess around somewhere?

Im going to add this in the next update...

So it had to be done. I apologize for weaponizing the Gemini pack but I couldn't resist. All of the sudden I turned into an 8yr old school boy, giggling at the sight of sending up several megatons of fissionable material, and watching it plummet to earth.

MIRV NUKE!!!

WcdNHxx.jpg

XWPZSam.jpg

4MR3ObE.jpg

ORFVn2l.jpg

fZtREOv.jpg

Nixp16c.jpg

You have to add the small Gemini RCS thrusters to get rotational control. The new system does not distribute the thrust correctly for rotational control.

6JmvwPn.jpg

So if i want to roll the spacecraft after i've detached the "service module", i'm basically screwed?

Edited by sorcerymon

So if i want to roll the spacecraft after i've detached the "service module", i'm basically screwed?

Yea it appears to be a bug with KSP its self and determaing thrust for individual rcs thrusters. I will try and tweak there placement to make it more effective, currently they are placed right at the holes on the models. I think if I move them out some it may help. If not I will turn up the roll momentum for the gyro's. So if you want you can turn them off if you don't like having unrealistic gyros on them.

Im going to add this in the next update...

So it had to be done. I apologize for weaponizing the Gemini pack but I couldn't resist. All of the sudden I turned into an 8yr old school boy, giggling at the sight of sending up several megatons of fissionable material, and watching it plummet to earth.

MIRV NUKE!!!

WcdNHxx.jpg

XWPZSam.jpg

4MR3ObE.jpg

ORFVn2l.jpg

fZtREOv.jpg

Nixp16c.jpg

This has got to be one of the quickest parts to ever be completed and ready.

Can you describe what your doing to produce this odd roll, is it just the pod by itself or is it when used with some other parts, or is it just when rotating or translating?

the roll happens with service module or just the capsule whenever i try to adjust attitude in any direction. plus it rolls around like crazy when i use mechjeb's retrograde button

Edited by zakkpaz

I personally just turned the Gemini pods torque up to 12.5. That works great. That MIRV multi-probe launcher looks cool as hell. Perfect for suborbital hops onto enemy bases.

EDIT: I'm gonna edit some lazor-system explosions into those probe cores. Totally.

Edited by wasmic

So I figured out why the RCS would fire in the wrong direction, apparently kerbal doesn't like the RCS being on the pod and gets wicked confused. The easy fix was detaching the RCS component and making it its own part. Bad news is its going to break your craft files but will work correctly now. It still does not provide much roll. The only real solution is to make a pod rcs thruster by its self and stick it on the outside of the nosecone in 4x symmetry.

Im also going to make some craft files with the new ships, assuming something else doesnt break and I have to re-do them all, again.

Side note the warhead nosecone is able to fit Gemini inside of it. Also makes a great probe delivery vehicle.

0lzQPyS.jpg

Get your nuke on!

2.1 -- Added ICBM parts, Nosecone, MIRV Probe Core, SAS, amd MIRV Warhead

Added 2.5m Centaur CSM, same as Centaur engine just the fuel no engine

Separated RCS from pod works better now with sas and mech jeb. Also increased the rotational torque on the pod. If you dont like it right click on the pod and disable it.

Increased the gimble range of LR87 Twin, should be easier to control.

Tweaked the staging of decouplers so they add up better.

Re-added engine taper to the Titan IIIc SRB, originally the engines were flat for NovaPunch compatibility.

Darkened Gemini white textures to help cure space blindness.

Added mono to lander legs, decreased fuel amount to compensate.

Added new .21 SAS to Lander pod

Added attach nodes to Nosecone so it can be used on top of the wall fairings.

Created craft files.

Uploading to spaceport now....

WcdNHxx.jpg

Edited by frizzank

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.