[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Looking excellent. I understand that KSP doesn't do "vectored thrust" and uses "gimbal" in its place, but the ability to have that control surface for atmospheric flight is major since the "gimbal"/vector range is actually very small for the Redstone (only a few */sec acceleration at most) those fins keep the rocket controllable in the lower atmosphere where the vectoring isn't as effective.

Again, I re-used textures for the new parts so there is additional no memory overhead.

3.1 - Added fairings - more fairings,

Added fins for Mercury Redstone,

Added Gemini landing legs.

Added white variants of the silver Gemini tanks,

Added 5 Segment SRB

Added fairing to Atlas Booster engine

Shortened the Mercury Atlas long LFT by 1m so it was more visually accurate.

Tweaked tech node placement of Mercury rockets.

Other balancing on engines.

Early access download..

http://www./download/bskxn6479dcqpm1/FASA3.1.zip

IFxt7U3.jpg

Quick question: is there any way to rescale the Gemini IVA to match the RealismOverhaul rescale of the exterior? (Right now the view out the windows is bugged because there's a normal-scale Gemini sitting inside a full-scale shell. (If not, no worries. Just wondering if it's possible.)

unfortunately the rescale factor does not work for IVA's. Don't know why just doesn't. I would have to make a new IVA, and considering that the IVA that is in there now is more kerbal than human, there is not really a point to doing it unless it was a full on realistic one.

unfortunately the rescale factor does not work for IVA's. Don't know why just doesn't. I would have to make a new IVA, and considering that the IVA that is in there now is more kerbal than human, there is not really a point to doing it unless it was a full on realistic one.

Drat. Oh well. The view out the windows in stock is really nice -- I'll have to live with the scale mismatch issues in RealismOverhaul. (BTW, the rescaled Gemini and BigG for RealismOverhaul is joy to fly. It's my favorite command module. Outstanding design work.)

rescaleFactor seems to have been added purely to support the Great Rescale, where 1m parts became 1.25m parts etc. Since IVAs post-dated that (or at least were made at the same time) it was never necessary.

A separate question is whether, even though Internals support MODEL nodes, they support the scale = x, y, z attribute. IIRC they may not, though they DO support the texture = foo override.

That said, the problem with internals is that they are a collection of models, so unless the props etc are properly parented to a root transform I will also have to scale their positions as well as their, err, scales.

And yeah, the squared-rescaleFactor bug is SUPER annoying.

When you use a MODEL node to specify your mu file(s), instead of a mesh = line, then rescaleFactor is applied twice. Thus the actual scale factor for the mu will be rescaleFactor squared. This is why you need to use, for any rescaleFactor = rF, the line scale = 1/rF, 1/rF, 1/rF in the MODEL file.

(hat tip to Greys, from whom I learned this)

http://www./download/d81gxgc198k2tu3/FASA3.12.zip

and spaceport

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/gemini-and-mercury-frizzank-aeronautical-space-administration-fasa/

3.12 – Added fairings – more fairings, Added fins for Mercury Redstone, Added Gemini landing legs and Rescue G. Added white variants of the silver Gemini tanks, Added 5 Segment SRB’s

Added fairing to Atlas Booster engine

Shortened the Mercury Atlas long LFT by 1m so it was more visually accurate.

Tweaked tech node placement of Mercury rockets.

Minor balancing on engines.

Moved LES (Escape Towers) to the utility tab

Added the Gemini LES to tech tree (specializedControl)

Edited by frizzank

I didn't want to waist a whole texture on just the white version of the legs so I did this variant. (Legs and pod share a texture)

Because Kerbals often need saving....

If you like it I can do a BigG version as well

DQxJdML.jpg

-imgsnip-

You're a genious, you know. It's funny to look at the development of this mod.

1: Historically accurate.

2: What could have been.

3: Things that look cool.

I like how, even though the Rescue G is something that you made up, you could actually convince people that it had existed IRL. It's actually a plausible thought. Oh, and a Rescue Big G (Dammit! It was supposed to be RGB, not RBG) would very nice.

EDIT: Oh, and looking at your changelog, it looks like you've added...

*puts on sunglasses*

MORE BOOSTERS!

Edited by wasmic

You're a genious, you know. It's funny to look at the development of this mod.

1: Historically accurate.

2: What could have been.

3: Things that look cool.

I took a risk with this one, but I was making a white texture for the landing legs anyways. It skirts the line real close of things that are completely made up, and I was not sure how people would react. Even though it's j a paint job, I am glad people like it.

EDIT: Oh, and looking at your changelog, it looks like you've added...

*puts on sunglasses*

MORE BOOSTERS!

yes I added a 5 segment Titan SRB, a little smaller for lighter loads.

what should I change the emmisive to? And other stats.

emmisive? Im guessing you mean thrust. The Current Centaur-Transtage is at 500 thrust. I personally think its a little overpowered but it works well when used as an upper stage booster so I haven't changed it. Im guessing the Centaur was a bit more powerful than the Tran stage, so I would guess and say 550 or 600?

Edited by frizzank

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.