[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

4 hours ago, One Over Astro said:

Hey I've been having a problem with the Atlas' booster skirt. Every time I decouple it, it bumps into the sustainer engine and flips the whole rocket around. I've tried everything from disabling gimbal to using weird action group settings. Am I the only one that's been having problems with this? I haven't been able to find anyone else that has this problem.

Which KSP-version do you use? This mod is really old. I can recommend BDB:

It has a Atlas too and many more.

Ok I've figured out my problem now. The problem was I was decoupling the skirt slightly too early in a part of the atmosphere that was too thick. The skirt was pulled down too fast by gravity thus flipping the craft over. I have found out that waiting about two seconds to get into the upper atmosphere allows you to decouple just fine.

• 2 months later...
On 1/29/2020 at 5:53 PM, MikeO89 said:

Hit C to enter the LEM (V to switch between the 2 Kerbs). Inside you will see a lever to open the hatch. Pretty cool the way it was done. A little trick. The lever to close the hatch can only be done by the Kerbie on the right. Make sure if you take that Kerbie out for an EVA, he goes back in or you won't be able to close the hatch. I rode all the way back to Earth with that door open once when I didn't put the kerbie back in (I left him at a moon base). Was pretty funny.

Are you kidding me the only mod I seen where you have to open a door before EVA I went all the way to the Mun and back before reading this. landed on the moon cant get out and returning Valentina had a bigger tease then Edward Baldwin (Thomas Stafford)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 7/22/2020 at 10:55 PM, Sampa said:

just a notice to whoever is maintaining the mod.  the Mercury chutes are bugged and seem to completely fail to slow the capsule down at all.

I am having same problem since this is an older post any chance you found a fix, also happening with Apollo Chutes

David

• 5 months later...
On 3/10/2022 at 11:54 AM, DaveB said:

I am having same problem since this is an older post any chance you found a fix, also happening with Apollo Chutes

David

At least the mercury chutes appear fixed, no idea about Apollo.  Maybe real chutes is the difference?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.