[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Is that Denny's LES or did I miss an update?

Yes, that's denny's stuffs. Only the S-IB, interstage and H-1s are from FASA. I modified the interstage (simply move down the top attach node abit) so it can fit into denny's S-IVB

Can you share the config line for the node? It'd probably be best if the interstage had two nodes, TBH. Also, you could attach the Frizzank's APS to Denny's S-IVB, for additional realism. And 4 Denny's S-II retros to S-IVB interstage.

New Beta build up

http://www./download/frg6ak4o1z87pb1/FASA4.40.zip

Added back in fixed Launch Escape Tower.

Added texture to first stage Sv rocket

added FX to F1 engine

Changed some textures to png instead of TGA

Atlas Short LFT has less fuel than the tall one now.

Moved Mercury pod and components from start to basic rocketry.

Mercury Pod Lights now use more electricity

Fixed backwards efficiency of Redstone engine

Finally get the new ksp fx works on the H-1s 8-)

Edit: the trick to get the smoke works is changing transformName from "smokepoint" to "thrustTransform", because there is no smokepoint defined in the H-1 model.

If that's Denny's S-VIB how did you make orbit with that? His J2 is way too weak. Which brings me to a question. Frizzank is your Saturn V more powerful then Denny's by chance? I need good 1.3+ twrs especially with FAR. I can't stand seeing my rockets fight gravity.

Also, while I'm at it. Is your Apollo package the whole kit? What's OLDD, What's FASA? ( the LEM I know is Denny's ) Ever since Denny made his own SV this collaboration has been confusing as hell. Frizz are you making your own CM or is Denny's the one were all supposed to be using? And Uhm.. if I may.. what's the news on the CM iva?

Sorry I know that's a bit of a loaded post...

Edited by Motokid600

Oh I see. Well how about the differences between your engines and Denny's? Iirc Frizzank you said your going for more of a gameplay>realism approach so is your J2 and F1 more powerful by chance? Because right now that's whats killing Denny's Saturn V for me. The low TWR's are really giving me a hard time.

With the stock game you can easily get to the mun with my rockets. Denny's are much more realistic. FAR may not work well with my stuff yet I haven't done any special configs for some of my more detailed parts.

With the stock game you can easily get to the mun with my rockets. Denny's are much more realistic. FAR may not work well with my stuff yet I haven't done any special configs for some of my more detailed parts.

Well so far I haven't had any problems with FAR compatibility. The Saturn V works just fine for me. I like that you have to be careful with the G forces using FAR's latest release.

Whats everyone using for ulage/retros? Also.. the 5m interstage. How do I drop the S1, then the interstate? Im only seeing one decoupler node that goes into staging. So how do I do it without dropping the IS with the S1 all at once?

Get DennyTX' Saturn V for those capabilities. FASA one is rather primitive compared to OLDD (Denny's) one, and doesn't feature neither ullage/retromotors nor dual-plane separation. Denny's Saturn V is harder to fly, but has all the neat little features (besides the escape tower details, though you can clip separatrons inside it). The only thing FASA's one has for it is the S-IVB APS which Denny didn't model (at least, not yet). And you can use the FASA APS with Denny's S-IVB just fine.

Hm.. well Denny's SaturnV is far too memory expensive at the moment. Running over 50 mods with one of them being KSPRC. So I need all the room I can get. Think I might just use some 3rd party retros I can find somewhere. ( any recommendations? ) As for the dual plane separation... The Novapunch 5m decoupler. Its perfect. If I can place that on the bottom of the interstage. But I cannot thrust through it. So.. how would I edit the coupler as such? To allow thrust to pass through it.

You can't. Get Load on Demand, that will rid you of memory problems (especially after the next version comes out). :) Then you can add OLDD.

No worries Frizzank you take your time and do what you gotta do. Just one more thing.. may I ask what texture is used for the instrument unit that mounts the S-IVB?

Edit: Also.. I just noticed my usual method of adding my own sound effects doesn't work. Im trying to change the sound of the J2 and F1. What I usually do is take the sound bytes of the rockets I really like, make a folder in the folder containing the part.cfgs. I name that folder to that of the part. ( LFE_F1 for instance /Sounds/files. ) The files I use are both .mp3 and .ogg. And it just dawned on my as I typed this that the sounds that aren't working in game are the .ogg files im using. They always have in the past, but is that the problem perhaps with this?

I notice you add your own effects Frizzank and nullified the stock ones. I changed name of the sounds in your custom modules to the ones I want to use. Still nothing. Love the Fx by the way.

Edited by Motokid600

How to do that with the S-IB though? Been trying different ascent profile but none valid yet, me$ucks.

ScreenShot-20140506-025758001.jpg

S-IB seems bit short of fuel....

Would you ever consider in the future doing the Atlas Launch vehicles for payloads. I mean I am just assuming with the centaur stages done and some fairings, isn't it now just making the Atlas and centaur tanks in different sizes and colors? Possibly some boosters? Just asking if you thought of doing this. Also have you ever considered fixing the FASA fairings? The fairings just falling away more often than not hit something inside the fairing (solar panels) and destroying parts of the ship. Just some questions about the future of FASA beyond the Saturn V.

Atlas_EELV_family.png

Edited by sp1989

S-IB never went to the moon, it only did orbital tests. Thats why they had to use the saturn v.
And even then it could only launch a less-than-1/4-or-so-fueled Apollo CSM.

I know all these :P and actually doing the exactly same, i almost stripped all liquid fuel in CSM. My problem is S-IB ran out of fuel way too early, leaving S-IV doing 99% of the gravity turn which it just can't do that....

Saturn V doing just fine.

Would you ever consider in the future doing the Atlas Launch vehicles for payloads. I mean I am just assuming with the centaur stages done and some fairings, isn't it now just making the Atlas and centaur tanks in different sizes and colors? Possibly some boosters? Just asking if you thought of doing this. Also have you ever considered fixing the FASA fairings? The fairings just falling away more often than not hit something inside the fairing (solar panels) and destroying parts of the ship. Just some questions about the future of FASA beyond the Saturn V.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ab/Atlas_EELV_family.png

Frizzank has said that he won't be doing anything past 1976, which means that nope. Although I'd also really like to see at least an Atlas 2, just because of the awesome staging system with the engines.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.