[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

the new fx need the correct path for the sound files, and sometimes doesnt work, which is why I just used the stock ones. Less hassle and they work well enough.

Is there a way to change the path? My sounds work for the H1. The J2 still uses the stock parameters iirc. But I'm using .mp3 for the H1. .Ogg for the J2 and F1. Could this be the problem? I'm just trying to switch up the sounds not the Fx. There must be a way.. even if it requires I replace the stock sounds.

Anyone else got this wierd-looking Saturn variant?

http://i.imgur.com/SWgwfLg.jpg

I don't remember those ever being there. not to mention I'm pretty sure they're in a place where it would cause damage to the main tank.

It's a saved ship Frizzank made before we had the Saturn V. It's meant to take the Saturn IB to the moon.

Anyone else got this wierd-looking Saturn variant?

http://i.imgur.com/SWgwfLg.jpg

I don't remember those ever being there. not to mention I'm pretty sure they're in a place where it would cause damage to the main tank.

Yea it's very unrealistic but it was just a place holder to get the Beautiful LEM to the moon when the Saturn V wasn't complete. Also it seems like you have an outdated version FASA because I think that rocket is broken and unavailable in the new versions.

Edited by sp1989

Thank you, I will fix the conflicts in the next update.

Now for this fully armed and operational battle station!!!

Stage 2 textures are now done, still need to make the SV launch clamps, and some other custom bits. Other than those small details its pretty much done.

OhZpTRZ.jpg

5ISnTFa.jpg

97Wv876.jpg

Stage 2 textures are now done, still need to make the SV launch clamps, and some other custom bits. Other than those small details its pretty much done.

(image snip)

I smell a FASA 5.0 release coming! :D

I believe that frizzank should commit himself to achieving the goal, before 0.24 is out, of landing a Kerbal on the Mun and returning him safely back to Kerbin using the new completed FASA Saturn parts.

Sorry, I had to write it. The second stage looks very good. How will you make the clamps in respect of Catepillar tracks? Or you won't implant it at the end?

Edited by Reddragon

New beta up, enjoy....

Fixed misnamed parts from Dennys pack

Added proper textures to Stage 1 and 2 of Saturn V

Added a 5m decoupler with retrorockets for the top of your Stage 1 separation

changed the fairings icon to horizontal.

F1 engines now have a slower ramp up time, be careful.

Added more fuel to SV stage 1.

http://www./download/c26ey8xc1m1i42j/FASA4.50.zip

tumblr_mgh6zbIu3B1s1a62oo1_500.gif

Oh man I can't believe its almost done!! When you officially release it you will include all the updated craft files as well? Because I really like and kinda miss all the other Saturn variants, of course I can build them myself but its just really easy to have the craft files.

Heh.. that gif looks familiar :P

Frizzank.. how hard would it be to take the actual sound of the F1 engine and implement it?

https://archive.org/details/NasaAudioHighlightReels

There are some AMAZING sounds free for download here... scroll down to number 39. If that sound had more volume added to it.. itd be beautiful. Or any of them.. there is some great stuff in that link.

The SaturnV rocket looks mean as hell.. The stock sounds are so... just crap. Theres no power, no might behind them. I wanna hear this thing roar.

Edited by Motokid600

~img snip~

That's a beut!!

Hey Frizzank, did I miss something? Are all the old .craft files not compatible with 4.5? This one only comes with the Saturn V ready to go.

I usually build them all myself anyway, but it's nice to have a completed rocket as a reference.

Also, I can't seem to find the LEM docking cone. I know I should have it unlocked, according to the part file it should be on the same branch of the R&D tree as the CSM docking device, but it's not there in game.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

I am just going to assume that since all of these are just beta versions he hasn't included the craft files. I am going to assume with the official release of 5.0 he will reintegrate al the other craft files. Thats just an assumption though.

Frizz I just flew a mission to the Mun and its.....BEAUTIFUL!! It takes off like a dream and flys like a dream. My only complaint and its still probably just me, is the amount of RCS and fuel in the service moduleI think there needs to be more. I had to cheat with the RCS to make it home and cheat with fuel. I paid for it because the Space Kraken showed up because he knew I cheated. However everything else is just perfect. KZQWai3.png

When you officially release it you will include all the updated craft files as well?

Yes, I am in the process of making sure I have renamed all of Denny's parts and I didn't want to have re-build all of them each time I forgot to name a part.

Frizzank.. how hard would it be to take the actual sound of the F1 engine and implement it?

It's not real hard but it is a bit of work, the 50 year old audio file is not the cleanest in terms of audio of the engine. I would probably just use one from another large rocket that had a much better fidelity and sounded similar.

Also, I can't seem to find the LEM docking cone

It's in there, just checked

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = advScienceTech
entryCost = 10500

My only complaint and its still probably just me, is the amount of RCS and fuel in the service moduleI think there needs to be more.

Im not sure what you were doing to burn through 100 units of mono, you only need it to dock with the LM once, the other time you dock the LM to the SM so you use its fuel?

I will do this so you can add more if you like but the default will be 120. Also going to add some to the max amount on the LM.

name = MonoPropellant
amount = 120
maxAmount = 200

Actually I have more problem with fuel than Mono. Even transferring leftover fuel from the LM doing a Trans Kerbin Injection the fuel seems insufficient. Again its probably just me so don't change anything on my behalf if everyone else is doing it than its obviously something I am doing wrong. It just seems like I burn so much Delta V getting into Mun orbit and circularizing when I am ready for TKI there is way less than half left. Then if I was using Deadly Reentry my Kerbals would die because I am just happy to get an intersecting orbit with Kerbin because there isn't enough fuel to circularize and slow my decent. If its just me then I will revaluate the way I play. So please don't change anything for me because the rocket is probably perfect.

This is the sort of feedback I need at this stage, I want it to be challenging but not frustrating for new players and easy but not feel like its cheating for old players.

Also I have not done any Tech Tree optimizations. I was going to put the Saturn V stuff at the end in the tech tree in the Tier 7 section. The tech tree almost seems a bit too small for my needs.

Edited by frizzank

Yes, I am in the process of making sure I have renamed all of Denny's parts and I didn't want to have re-build all of them each time I forgot to name a part.

It's not real hard but it is a bit of work, the 50 year old audio file is not the cleanest in terms of audio of the engine. I would probably just use one from another large rocket that had a much better fidelity and sounded similar.

It's in there, just checked

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = advScienceTech
entryCost = 10500

Im not sure what you were doing to burn through 100 units of mono, you only need it to dock with the LM once, the other time you dock the LM to the SM so you use its fuel?

I will do this so you can add more if you like but the default will be 120. Also going to add some to the max amount on the LM.

name = MonoPropellant
amount = 120
maxAmount = 200

I'm not sure why it worked, but I moved the docking cone to another branch and it showed up. I'm thinking that I had too many things in Advanced Science Tech or something. I also noticed that the shroud that fits over the parachutes on the CM was missing too, it was under the same tech, but now that I know what to look for I was able to fix that too. I'll have to go through the parts and make sure nothing else is missing.

I figured the missing .crafts would be something like that, thanks.

Since I'm trying this in career mode, I haven't had a chance to fly the full Apollo CSM yet, so I can't verify SP1989's report, but I have noticed in the past that the Gemini CSM is a bit of a mono-propellant hog. It tends to burn a lot of Mono if you try to maneuver using Mechjeb, because the nose likes to dip during burns. Maybe that's part of his problem.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

I thought it was funny that I didn't get any of the SM parts unlocked, it turned out that none of the stuff tied to advanced science tech is appearing in that node for me.

Is there an upper limit to how many parts can be unlocked per tech node?

hmm, well maybe I can shuffle some other stuff around in there, Advanced science tech seems to be a popular tech node for part mods.

I noticed that the Apollo CM is still using the stock 3 man pod IVA, is the new one not hooked up yet?

Also, If I could make a small suggestion, what would you think about a 2.5-to-2.5 meter version of the SLA? It wouldn't have to fit the LM, just something so you could use the complete CSM with smaller diameter launch vehicles. I think all you'd have to do is add that extra attachment node and decoupler from the SLA panel attachment plate to the 2.5 meter Titan fairing attachment plate.

Just trying to think of out of the box launchers for the CSM, since you get most of the parts for that before you get Saturn or SLS parts to launch it with, and the SLA only fits 3.75m parts. I tried to put a CSM on top of your Titan II, but it wouldn't attach because the SM engine doesn't have an attachment node at the bottom of the bell like the normal engines.

Actually I have more problem with fuel than Mono. Even transferring leftover fuel from the LM doing a Trans Kerbin Injection the fuel seems insufficient. Again its probably just me so don't change anything on my behalf if everyone else is doing it than its obviously something I am doing wrong. It just seems like I burn so much Delta V getting into Mun orbit and circularizing when I am ready for TKI there is way less than half left. Then if I was using Deadly Reentry my Kerbals would die because I am just happy to get an intersecting orbit with Kerbin because there isn't enough fuel to circularize and slow my decent. If its just me then I will revaluate the way I play. So please don't change anything for me because the rocket is probably perfect.

I think I figured out what your dV problem is there, I just remembered that the Apollo missions didn't circularize on the return trajectory, they just went straight in. The capsule heat shields were built to take the high speed reentry.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

Like I said I am just happy getting an intersecting orbit after a TKI burn. Should I be using the J2 to get into mun orbit. What I usually do is the j2 to get the encounter I want and then half way through the trip to the mun I seperate get the LEM and then when I hit the encounter and start my burn at the right time. By the time I get into the mun orbit almost half the fuel is gone and then after circularing and getting into a low orbit to save fuel for the LEM ascent stage the fuel is a little less than half. So once I dock with the LEM I transfer the leftover fuel and even then it's not enough to escape the mun and intersect with Kerbin. It's not the heat with deadly Reentry it's the Gs that the capsule pulls during Reentry that kill my kernels. Obviously I turned off DR but if I were useing it or someone else was useing it Reentry would truly be the most dangerous part.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.