[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

No.

That's a shame, did you see how often this part is requested? As a dual-engine stage, it's notoriously hard to jury-rig. I suppose I'm gonna have to look for another mod to provide it...

That's a shame, did you see how often this part is requested? As a dual-engine stage, it's notoriously hard to jury-rig. I suppose I'm gonna have to look for another mod to provide it...

I see that you and one other person has specifically requested it multiple times, and every time I have said why I am not doing that particular part.

I have tried to be nice and explain how this works but you refuse to listen.

Etiquette Lesson - When someone says NO say thank you and continue on your way. Pressing the issue will only make someone frustrated and less likely to do anything you ask.

I am here for my own personal reasons and share my work because I think others will enjoy them. I am NOT here to fill your personal requests.

A little rant now - Some time ago I volunteered for a soup kitchen to give out food to the less fortunate during Christmas. It was free food that volunteers had collected and handed out. I kid you not, every third person in the line asked "Is this all you GOT?" or "Can I have more than ONE turkey, this one is small?"

Really??? Your not paying for it and you still want to complain about it? We were donating our time and giving you food out of the goodness of our hearts and you have the arrogance to give us attitude for not giving you what you wanted?

From then on I volunteered at the animal shelter.

This is how you make me feel... Disappointed, sad, unmotivated, and it is not why I decided to share my work.

Edited by frizzank

I see that you and one other person has specifically requested it multiple times, and every time I have said why I am not doing that particular part.

I have tried to be nice and explain how this works but you refuse to listen.

Etiquette Lesson - When someone says NO say thank you and continue on your way. Pressing the issue will only make someone frustrated and less likely to do anything you ask.

I am here for my own personal reasons and share my work because I think others will enjoy them. I am NOT here to fill your personal requests.

A little rant now - Some time ago I volunteered for a soup kitchen to give out food to the less fortunate during Christmas. It was free food that volunteers had collected and handed out. I kid you not, every third person in the line asked "Is this all you GOT?" or "Can I have more than ONE turkey, this one is small?"

Really??? Your not paying for it and you still want to complain about it? We were donating our time and giving you food out of the goodness of our hearts and you have the arrogance to give us attitude for not giving you what you wanted?

From then on I volunteered at the animal shelter.

This is how you make me feel... Disappointed, sad, unmotivated, and it is not why I decided to share my work.

We might want to post something like, "DO NOT SUGGEST THINGS!" every new page of this thread. That will at least give us something to point at when someone breaks DA RULZ.

Like everything else in life some people just don't get it. Some people just don't have any concept of tact or diplomacy when asking for things. However you can't let the opinions of one spoil your opinions of the rest of us who are unimaginably appreciative of what you and the rest of the amazing modders on these forums. I for one am unbelievably grateful for the work you guys do, because I have zero knowledge about making mods. I have been doing soup kitchen work, outreach, swim lessons, and other various forms of charity since I was in my early teens. I can't say that every time someone complains about the FREE food it isn't shocking and disheartening but the people who are truly thankful far out number and outweigh the people who are extremely grateful. So I hate to callously segway back into modding but your analogy is perfect. There are tons of people on these forums who think they can do it better, expect things like they are paying you, and think they know best but those people are just louder and stand out more than the people who are truly grateful. Even the "worst" mods on here amaze me because I don't even know where to start in terms of making a crappy mod. Don't get disappointed and unmotivated just remember for every jerk that is out there are ten who truly appreciate what you do, that doesn't just apply to modding. Yes I selfishly want you to keep doing what you are doing but only because it is so awesome.

We might want to post something like, "DO NOT SUGGEST THINGS!" every new page of this thread. That will at least give us something to point at when someone breaks DA RULZ.

Isn't that the point of a dev thread? I don't think suggestions are a bad thing as long as they are done with tact, diplomacy, and the mindset that its just a suggestion and that Frizz doesn't have to do it simply because you say it with conviction.

Isn't that the point of a dev thread? I don't think suggestions are a bad thing as long as they are done with tact, diplomacy, and the mindset that its just a suggestion and that Frizz doesn't have to do it simply because you say it with conviction.

Exactly, I have asked about things in the past but I ask, not demand. And go with the answer I get. The only time I pester on forums is when I don't get an answer and the person I asked has been writing on the thread since, even then I still ask with tact, politeness and humility.

Keep up the good work Friz, don't let a couple of numbskulls get to you. I'm sure you can ban them from the thread or something if it gets bad :-)

I'm sure you can ban them from the thread or something if it gets bad :-)

Only moderators can do that unfortunately. Anyway is it really that hard to make a proper Centaur stage with the existing parts? Not like there aren't many versions of it.

never have I thought that my comment about how I noticed the difference between the transtage and centuar could of caused a fire storm of rage.

Isn't your fault, it's a member who acts like a 3YO and refuses to listen to the word no.

back on the topic, I think the RCS on the CSM is a little unbalanced, I was trying to dock with a target in the S-IVB and I noticed that the nose would dip significantly every time I tried to translate, and it would throw off the maneuver. Even Mechjeb's docking autopilot was having trouble with it.

I'll just leave this here:

screenshot1_zps6a05bbfa.png~original

I was having a little fun with the "docking target"

Edited by Capt. Hunt

ok, I think the RCS might be a little overpowered too, after some trial and error, mechjeb was able to dock when I set the speed limit to .5 m/s.

Apollo-Gemini_zps464da1f7.jpg~original

In case you're wondering, I stripped down the Gemini before launch to save on weight (removed the fuel, parachutes and the SM RCS thrusters) but after seeing that launch, I think it would have made it fully loaded. I managed to get into a 250km orbit on the S-II, and just used the S-IVB to fine-tune my apsis.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

..... Why did you think that a Saturn V would be needed to reach orbit with a Gemini capsule?

Why not dock with a Gemini? I docked Gemini, Apollo(Stockalike before FASA had the Apollo), Mercury, Orion, and a Soyuz capsule together before.

..... Why did you think that a Saturn V would be needed to reach orbit with a Gemini capsule?

I wanted to put both the Gemini and the Apollo up together, rather then separate launches, mainly to see if I could fit it in the SLA. I'm pretty sure that the Saturn 1B wouldn't be able to do it, the 1B could barely lift the Apollo CSM by itself, with half fuel. Apollo 9 used a full Saturn V to put the LM and CSM into LEO for the first manned LM flight.

I guess I had the weight figures wrong, I thought it'd be heavier then the LM, but I just looked it up and Gemini was about a fifth the weight of the LM, which kinda makes my weight saving measures seem pointless. I still don't think I would have been able to do it with the 1B though, without cutting way back on the fuel in both the CSM and the Gemini.

You're welcome to prove me wrong.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

I noticed a small problem with the CM on a water landing, it wont settle upright, even when the flotation ring and the self-righting balls deploy

AtHzngO.jpg

On another note, I have found a way to launch a fully fuelled CSM with an ASTP adaptor stand-in with the S-1B

w0op3Za.jpg

Simply add 4x liquid-fueled boosters made from Redstone tanks and the LV-800 (the small 4 nozzle one) and attach 6x external Mono/Liquid/Oxidizer tanks to the 2nd stage with fuel lines (the small brown external tanks that came with the NASA ARM update)

Here are some other pics for you all

m4rgzB8.jpg

u1F9z28.jpg

URA8PuU.jpg

bXOPNL3.jpg

lDGgn2Z.jpg

Y2BnTV3.jpg

njviNSY.jpg

OVoQJhm.jpg

HuQ910N.jpg

oFpde61.jpg

hsyE3A8.jpg

dXYXqaZ.jpg

nTanqYU.jpg

Some of the more eagle-eyed among you will notice I did a lot of trial and error to do the ATSP adaptor...

Edited by Cdodders

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.