[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Frizz, are you sure LES is fixed? BC for me it fires with NaN Thrust and fuel flow. Also temperatures of most CSM parts are NaN in DR. There is some wierd **** going on, on my copy at least.

Edited by m4ti140

Cuz they are so freaking powerful???

The mainsail is just as powerful and you can turn that off in a second. Even the more powerful 3.75 KR-2L advanced engine can be turned off instantly.

ElLVDaR.png

Why is that F-1 bigger than the others? Huh... lol :P

Edited by GoldForest

Having had to take a break from KSP due to university coursework, I am so amazingly happy to come back to find FASA in such an impressive stage of development. The Saturn V is amazing, and I've had quite a bit of fun playing with the parts to create some of the alternate variations on the Saturn family.

I mocked up the Saturn II/INT-19 configuration (using KW Rocketry for the SRBs), and it flies beautifully. I'd provide screenshots, but I'm a lazy git.

Anyway, I love how FASA is progressing. Though the fact the Gemini reaction wheels are monoprop powered really threw me for a loop.

Hey Frizzank, I have a suggestion: an RL-10 rocket engine. It's the only thing we need to be able to make the entire proposed Saturn family. It's needed for the Saturn C-2 and the Saturn C-3. Other than those two vehicles, your parts allow us to build every Saturn launch vehicle (other than the nuclear ones).

Hey Frizzank, I have a suggestion: an RL-10 rocket engine. It's the only thing we need to be able to make the entire proposed Saturn family. It's needed for the Saturn C-2 and the Saturn C-3. Other than those two vehicles, your parts allow us to build every Saturn launch vehicle (other than the nuclear ones).

If I recall correctly, I believe Frizzank isn't taking any kind of requests.

Also to make a Saturn C-2 you would also need an S-I (not S-IC) stage with adapter plate. You could always just "cheat" and use a single F-1 in place of the eight H-1 engines. That only leaves the S-IV stage with its six RL-10s, which is a little less than half the thrust of the S-IVB. So just use an S-IVB and thrust limit the engine. For the fourth Centaur stage... just use the current Transtage.

Well, Frizzank stated he's not doing the Centaur (even after I told him it's in high demand), so I'm afraid we're all out of luck... I suggest asking DennyTX, he's somewhat better about taking community feedback.

Well, Frizzank stated he's not doing the Centaur (even after I told him it's in high demand), so I'm afraid we're all out of luck... I suggest asking DennyTX, he's somewhat better about taking community feedback.

why cant you make your own centaur?

heck, you could even make a centuar G for the component space shuttle

Edited by gooddog15

Does it matter if it's in demand or not? He doesn't want to do it.

If I recall correctly, I believe Frizzank isn't taking any kind of requests.

Also to make a Saturn C-2 you would also need an S-I (not S-IC) stage with adapter plate. You could always just "cheat" and use a single F-1 in place of the eight H-1 engines. That only leaves the S-IV stage with its six RL-10s, which is a little less than half the thrust of the S-IVB. So just use an S-IVB and thrust limit the engine. For the fourth Centaur stage... just use the current Transtage.

For an S-I, we can use the S-IB, which we already have. So it's only the S-IV with the RL-10 engines that we need. And yes, I remember Frizzank saying that he doesn't take requests. However, in the same post, he said that he was open to suggestions. So it's actually just semantics. Anyway, an RL-10 would be a nice addition as it would allow a historical rocket and a conceptual rocket that was never realised to be made.

For an S-I, we can use the S-IB, which we already have. So it's only the S-IV with the RL-10 engines that we need. And yes, I remember Frizzank saying that he doesn't take requests. However, in the same post, he said that he was open to suggestions. So it's actually just semantics. Anyway, an RL-10 would be a nice addition as it would allow a historical rocket and a conceptual rocket that was never realised to be made.

There is a difference between requests/suggestions and demands. I'm not saying you but there are people on here demanding and expect frizz to do things simply because they say so. Plus he already said he was done after the Saturn V so to keep asking is just futile, it borderline disrespectful if you ask me. Not addressing you im talking a off other people on this thread.

There is a difference between requests/suggestions and demands. I'm not saying you but there are people on here demanding and expect frizz to do things simply because they say so. Plus he already said he was done after the Saturn V so to keep asking is just futile, it borderline disrespectful if you ask me. Not addressing you im talking a off other people on this thread.

I absolutely agree. I can't stand it when people get demanding. The RL-10 was just a suggestion, as I can always just use another engine with similar stats instead. However, my thoughts were that as Frizzank is already doing the Saturn V and IB, two extra parts (an RL-10 and a 6x mounting plate for them) would kinda fit with the theme, and allow Frizzank to make multiple whole new rockets (Saturn I, Saturn C-2 and C-3) with minimal effort. And, as always, if I hadn't asked, there'd be no chance of getting it at all.

Also, I think you're being overzealous, almost fanboyish about Frizzank's work here. I simply drop in and make a suggestion, but you think I'm being disrespectful, even though Frizzank has said that he's open to suggestions. There's a huge difference between a suggestion and being disrespectful. If I had started being demanding, or if I had asked the question many times, despite Frizzank saying no, that would be deeply disrespectful. But currently, I'm making a polite suggestion, and I even (at least tried to) use humor in my previous post. And so far, Frizzank hasn't said anything about doing it or not, so why don't we let Frizzank decide instead of you?

I absolutely agree. I can't stand it when people get demanding. The RL-10 was just a suggestion, as I can always just use another engine with similar stats instead. However, my thoughts were that as Frizzank is already doing the Saturn V and IB, two extra parts (an RL-10 and a 6x mounting plate for them) would kinda fit with the theme, and allow Frizzank to make multiple whole new rockets (Saturn I, Saturn C-2 and C-3) with minimal effort. And, as always, if I hadn't asked, there'd be no chance of getting it at all.

Also, I think you're being overzealous, almost fanboyish about Frizzank's work here. I simply drop in and make a suggestion, but you think I'm being disrespectful, even though Frizzank has said that he's open to suggestions. There's a huge difference between a suggestion and being disrespectful. If I had started being demanding, or if I had asked the question many times, despite Frizzank saying no, that would be deeply disrespectful. But currently, I'm making a polite suggestion, and I even (at least tried to) use humor in my previous post. And so far, Frizzank hasn't said anything about doing it or not, so why don't we let Frizzank decide instead of you?

As I said I wasn't referring to you I was referring to other people on this thread. Absolutely I am a fanboy, I am a huge fan of all the modders on here that make the game better, I hate people who don't have common sense or decency to treat people with respect. If you want something you ask politely, if you have constructive criticism you approach the topic carefull, with tact and diplomacy and with respect. I have seen too many mods die, fail, or go incomplete due in large part to the people on the threads not having any sense of common decency. Look at all of bobcats threads and mods. He hasn't updated the American Pack, Soviet Pack, and HOME in months! Why? Because people were constantly on him about updates, opinions, and changes that they demanded/expected him to make. So what happened? He lost interest, he stopped caring, and lost the desire to maintain the mods because of ingrates pestering him. Just go a few pages back Frizz is feeling the same way, and yes I might be overzealous and fanboyish but I guess I am also kinda being selfish because I don't want this mod to die with the next updates because Frizz has no motivation to update it. Finally I wasn't deciding for Frizz, go back a few pages he has made it evidently clear that he is done with FASA after the Saturn V is complete.

Do everyone a favor and let modders handle criticism/suggestions/stuff aimed at them. Really, you're talking like it was your mod and stuff you believe to be impolite (you're wrong, IMO) was directed at you. It isn't, you can stop now. You're probably right about Frizzank not wanting suggestions, but you're neither his spokesman nor his attorney; you're a bloody fanboy. Modders can take their criticism, probably better than you do. Oh, and BobCat did not lose interest because of people wanting to see his stuff (if he told you he did, show me where), he's got RL problems as far as I know. In fact, it's possible that because he sees that people want his stuff, he's still working on them at all, because he know it's needed. I know I do, if noone was pestering me about CSS update, I'd probably give it much lower priority than I do. If you make your own mod, you can take criticism as badly as you see fit.

Do everyone a favor and let modders handle criticism/suggestions/stuff aimed at them. Really, you're talking like it was your mod and stuff you believe to be impolite (you're wrong, IMO) was directed at you. It isn't, you can stop now. You're probably right about Frizzank not wanting suggestions, but you're neither his spokesman nor his attorney; you're a bloody fanboy. Modders can take their criticism, probably better than you do. Oh, and BobCat did not lose interest because of people wanting to see his stuff (if he told you he did, show me where), he's got RL problems as far as I know. In fact, it's possible that because he sees that people want his stuff, he's still working on them at all, because he know it's needed. I know I do, if noone was pestering me about CSS update, I'd probably give it much lower priority than I do. If you make your own mod, you can take criticism as badly as you see fit.

Thanks. I was going to say something along those lines, but I wouldn't have been able to word it as precisely. Shall we just let this topic die now, or does anybody still have something that they want to say?

There is criticism and there's being a jerk all the time, I seen alot of your post and you must have alot of personal problem.

As I plan to wrap up FASA soon I am no longer going to take any suggestions, requests, demands or what ever your semantics want to call it. So to satisfy the overwhelming screaming of white knights and trolls I am going to allow for 2 opportunities for new parts.

First up request away. Anything goes as long as it follows these rules.

-U.S. space program ONLY up until December 31st 11:59pm 1976 - (I had to put in the exact date because arm chair lawyers cant understand the concept of a year.)

-No pods, chairs or launch towers - IVA for Mercury is ok to request , but remember Denny is working on an IVA for Apollo CM

-One part only, and only one. A part is one that can fit into only one category in KSP. You can not combine an engine and a fuel tank, or a probe and a science experiment. Or multiple science experiments.

-No plugins or plugin requiring parts

-No duplicate, Similar parts or ,variants, of existing parts- Re-skins are easy but kind of a waste of a whole part. Do not request the LR-87-3 that ran on Kerosene, I know in your mind it is a completely different engine, but im an artist, not an engineer. In-game it would look like the same engine and just have different stats and a slightly different texture. No Don't do it. I know you have textbooks, and mountains of info on why its better/different. Just don't, whatever your reasons, I don't care.....No.

A submission must state that it is a REQUEST at the top.

After you Request, you must have TWO different people say that they like it. (Don't support your own request under an assumed name. I will know when you do it, I have friends in places that will help me with this....)

If you have an overwhelming negative response, LET IT GO. Just request a different part.

Any post that does not follow these rules will be REJECTED

Accepted parts will be put into a poll and voted on at the end of the week and last for a week.

I get to do the part in the art style of my choosing. I retain the right to veto any request, its my mod. Once it is voted on its stays though....

Examples-

Early NASA solar panels

New fuel line, smaller less yellow.

The single RL-10 engine

the Centaur twin engines

Surveyor probe core (Triangle truss shaped with room for science)

Probe sized radioisotope generator

Low profile lights

The built but never flown M1 engine http://www.astronautix.com/engines/m1.htm

Green tracking smoke dispenser.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.