[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

As we've both been saying, you need to assume that every part in a given folder uses every texture in that folder. That's why they're in the same folder. :P

There's no secret answer here, that is the answer.

Of course, you can certainly remove cfgs as desired, it's just trying to remove textures without removing the entire folder, that's where it gets bad. :)

Its really not that bad, except for the Apollo parts Denny did and they are in their own separate folders.

Textures are named the same as the cfg file and model file it uses, but if a texture is used on multiple parts the prefix is identical.

"LFT_J2.dds" is used on all the parts with the "LFT_J2" prefix.

LFT_J2

LFT_J2_5x_Plate

LFT_J2_Plate

LFT_J2Nova

Before you ask your next question "How do I find the parts the names are different in game?". Open up the .cfg and read the lines that say "title =".

If you use a program like Notepad++ you can search multiple files for one string of specific text making finding the part much easier.

"But that's hard, and takes time... cant you just organize it better?" Yes I could, but organization is not a fun task and I am lazy like that sometimes, and since it's my mod I get to make the call on what I want to spend my time on.  I picked making cool models.

2 hours ago, frizzank said:

If you use a program like Notepad++ you can search multiple files for one string of specific text making finding the part much easier.

Or do a little bit of command-line magic with bash/find (using Cygwin on Windows).  For example, finding all .cfg files that contain "LiquidFuel" under the current directory.

$ cd path/to/GameData

$ find . -name '*.cfg' -exec fgrep -iH 'LiquidFuel' '{}' \;

Or you can use grep/egrep for more advanced searching like all lines that contain title followed by an equals sign.  I prefer command-line searching because it it's platform-agnostic (maybe you don't have UltraEdit32, or don't have Notepad++).  And you can slice-and-dice the output by piping it through additional fgrep/grep/egrep steps.

So I have not used (or at least rarely used) the Apollo CSM due to how it's bottom node almost completely depends on the SIVB LEM adaptor.   Most of my Saturn manned rockets either have a Gemini variant (Gemini, BigG, WingedG, Gemini II etc,) or the Stock 3 person capsule.

Does anyone have knowledge of a Different adapter/fairing that will work with the node setup in the FASA Apollo CM/CSM and it's AJ-10 engine?  i have played with Procedural fairings but they require a top node device.  Due to the way theh AJ-10's engine colliders and nodes are setup, using Procedural Fairings results in a lot of explodie Bitz!   Dose anyone have other ideas?    I am trying to make a Saturn II that uses the Apollo CSM/CM to build a modular space station in the short term, the long goal is to carry a Large habitat/lander to Duna later in the game on a NERVA equipped Saturn Nova rocket.     TIA!

In what way was the H1's thrust "corrected"? As I read in the patch notes. I'm using nine of them on a Falcon 9-type rocket. And I need to know if the thrust was by chance reduced before I update. Because at that point I may have to take a different approach. More thrust however would help.

On 12/30/2015 at 6:39 PM, Pappystein said:

So I have not used (or at least rarely used) the Apollo CSM due to how it's bottom node almost completely depends on the SIVB LEM adaptor.   Most of my Saturn manned rockets either have a Gemini variant (Gemini, BigG, WingedG, Gemini II etc,) or the Stock 3 person capsule.

Does anyone have knowledge of a Different adapter/fairing that will work with the node setup in the FASA Apollo CM/CSM and it's AJ-10 engine?  i have played with Procedural fairings but they require a top node device.  Due to the way theh AJ-10's engine colliders and nodes are setup, using Procedural Fairings results in a lot of explodie Bitz!   Dose anyone have other ideas?    I am trying to make a Saturn II that uses the Apollo CSM/CM to build a modular space station in the short term, the long goal is to carry a Large habitat/lander to Duna later in the game on a NERVA equipped Saturn Nova rocket.     TIA!

Good news! 

use this for reference I had the same issue.

I use an interstage shell to create the same effect. Here are the settings I used for it. Don't forget the decoupler since the interstage adapter doesn't separate properly. I used this particular interstage adapter since it is the lightest of the bunch with the lowest profile so it creates nearly the same look. 

I then lowered the ejection force so the fairings separate so gently and beautifully. Then I am free to dock with the LEM then use the decoupler and go about the rest of the mission.

Edited by gonzo98x

I can't seem to load FASA parts. My KSP gets stuck when loading fasa parts. In the debug screen it says this:

[Exception]: MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'ModuleEngines.Flameout'.

What may be causing this?

So I was playing with FASA and on splashdown I was not happy with how the capsules floated. Mercury sinks now that water behaves more like water.

I added some buoyancy overrides to the configs so you could do things like make Gemini float windows upright and Mercury stand upright.

Surprisingly the inflatable floats work when you inflate them all ready. Thanks for that bit of physics magic.

dmx9r63.jpg

Edited by frizzank

19 hours ago, NathanKell said:

Will you have trouble? Well, that depends. Open BuildID.txt in your KSP folder. If it says build 1024, then you need to redownload KSP.

I did and I didn't see the numbers in that order [It kind of confused me]. That stuff under you name, is that a bunch of helpful mods for this mod or not?

4 hours ago, Bill5 said:

I did and I didn't see the numbers in that order [It kind of confused me]. That stuff under you name, is that a bunch of helpful mods for this mod or not?

In that file, the first thing that appears is

"build id = " and a bunch of numbers..

If the first 5 numbers are "01024" then you need to redownload KSP :)

Now updated on kerbal stuff....

https://beta.kerbalstuff.com/mod/27/FASA

* Added more accurate buoyancy to pods. Mercury now floats instead of sinking like a rock...
* Moved floats to the beginning of the tech tree, cause you know, they're floats, also useful as airbags.
* Removed the Apollo title from the floats.
* Added a 1.25m ring float
* Added a XL float sphere
* Made the probe camera able to display ore deposits in the map, still need a scanner to find them.
* Laser Mass Spectrometer scans for detailed ore deposits now.
* Increased solar panel charge rate of Pioneer probe.

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 1:13 PM, Thiagobs said:

In that file, the first thing that appears is

"build id = " and a bunch of numbers..

If the first 5 numbers are "01024" then you need to redownload KSP :)

I will check this out, thank you sir. (On sad news, I might stop getting mods. Because I cant find out how to dock a rocket into a station in a different orbit and so I don't thing I am worthy to fly NASA built crafts.)

@Bill5 Install MechJeb, it will let you dock automatically, also rendezvous etc. If you check out how that works, you can maybe understand how to do it manually. I must admit that I only use mechjeb for this as I find it completely annoying to dock manually as you have no clear line of sight without relying on even more mods, so I use Mechjeb as fire-and-forget docking.

26 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

@Bill5 Install MechJeb, it will let you dock automatically, also rendezvous etc. If you check out how that works, you can maybe understand how to do it manually. I must admit that I only use mechjeb for this as I find it completely annoying to dock manually as you have no clear line of sight without relying on even more mods, so I use Mechjeb as fire-and-forget docking.

Thank you sir, this will prove very usefull.

38 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

How do I exactly use this?

There will be a menu on the right, you can use the different functions there (launch, land, rendevouz, dock etc). Check the mechjeb topic for more info. There is even a link to an online manual in the MechJeb tab (bottom). It takes some playing around to figure stuff out, and it looks like a lot of numbers, but you will only need a handfull to do the basic routines.

I only see to menus. The fuel one and that other one made for the game mode I don't do a lot of.

2 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

There will be a menu on the right, you can use the different functions there (launch, land, rendevouz, dock etc). Check the mechjeb topic for more info. There is even a link to an online manual in the MechJeb tab (bottom). It takes some playing around to figure stuff out, and it looks like a lot of numbers, but you will only need a handfull to do the basic routines.

Do you recommend something?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.