[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

On 11.1.2017 at 4:04 PM, Jebs_SY said:

o, I've put the patches into a zip file for testing. If I need to patch and update something I will update THIS post. (So if possible don't fullquote it to avoid confusion and unnecessary scrolling. :))
Feedback in this thread please.

I would like to say, that I think that this is more for old FASA fans, cause keep in mind that at the moment the FASA mod is not under active development anymore. ....

Thank you for reworking FASA!!!!!!!!!! I love FASA and Test FASA6 now.

There are a few oddball parts in FASA that aren't in BDB. Some are and some aren't configured, like the Big Gemini hardware is there and RO configured, IIRC. The little Langley Lander is in FASA, but not configured for RO.

I might configure a few random BDB parts sometime, if I find that the equivalent aren't configured or don't exist in FASA. I'm looking to make a Gemini-station soon in my RP-0 series, for example.

1 hour ago, stratochief66 said:

There are a few oddball parts in FASA that aren't in BDB. Some are and some aren't configured, like the Big Gemini hardware is there and RO configured, IIRC. The little Langley Lander is in FASA, but not configured for RO.

I might configure a few random BDB parts sometime, if I find that the equivalent aren't configured or don't exist in FASA. I'm looking to make a Gemini-station soon in my RP-0 series, for example.

What parts are missing from BDB? I know that some of the Gemini stuff is missing, and Big G is unfinished... the Saturn C-8 Nova... I'm not sure if there's anything else.

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

What parts are missing from BDB? I know that some of the Gemini stuff is missing, and Big G is unfinished... the Saturn C-8 Nova... I'm not sure if there's anything else.

I'm fairly sure you don't have a langley lander.

I'll have to check. I haven't looked at everything in there in a month or two, I'm not sure if you have a MOL for example.

On 2/13/2017 at 9:12 PM, stratochief66 said:

I'm fairly sure you don't have a langley lander.

I'll have to check. I haven't looked at everything in there in a month or two, I'm not sure if you have a MOL for example.

I have the langley lander's cockpit (took some artistic liberties, but among other things it actually fits a kerbal) but didn't finish the rest of the parts (frame+tanks/legs/engine). In general the Gemini parts were cut short since I was behind schedule on the Apollo parts.

EDIT: @stratochief66 we actually have a whole set of 1.875m station parts based on MOL.

Edited by CobaltWolf

So I realize now this is the place to ask about issues I have. I am using KSP 1.1.3 with RSS and RO with FASA. Many of the CFG tweaks work quite well. The new animation fixed the weird movement of the ladder leg as it got fully deployed, which is very helpful. Still, I have a few issues and I am curious if you can help me with a few more.

1) The other LEM legs with contact points don't go nicely into the ground like yours do in the video for me. Could this be because of RSS or is this an issue with the collider/mesh or something else? I watched your video and it didn't seem like an issue for you, but it was also stock. Just curious.

2) I have the below view in the IVA in the LEM, any known way to fix this?

z1HfaHi.png

@KGas- Inc

Regarding (1), as I said, I only work on the CFGs. I do not see something in the CFG that could change this. It works in stock, so I assume RO changes something. And my patches aimed on KSP 1.2.2. I think I can not help here.
Regarding (2), the mirror, do you have RasterPropMonitor (RPM) installed? The mirror "cam" is done by RPM. But this also aimed for the _actual_ RPM version. I assume it could be, that the new RPM CFGs won't work for an older RPM.

If you want you, can remove the mirror by deleting "GameData\FASA\Props\LM_Mirror\LM_Mirror.cfg".

sT1n84q.jpg

That's the 2 things I would love to see on BDB. Some reflections  and a detailed IVA. Or do they have that already?

Edited by Jebs_SY

6 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

@KGas- Inc

Regarding (1), as I said, I only work on the CFGs. I do not see something in the CFG that could change this. It works in stock, so I assume RO changes something. And my patches aimed on KSP 1.2.2. I think I can not help here.
Regarding (2), the mirror, do you have RasterPropMonitor (RPM) installed? The mirror "cam" is done by RPM. But this also aimed for the _actual_ RPM version. I assume it could be, that the new RPM CFGs won't work for an older RPM.

If you want you, can remove the mirror by deleting "GameData\FASA\Props\LM_Mirror\LM_Mirror.cfg".

sT1n84q.jpg

That's the 2 things I would love to see on BDB. Some reflections  and a detailed IVA. Or do they have that already?

Alright, I did have RPM but not sure why it wasn't working. That seems to be resolved now. So here's where I am still confused after doing some testing.

I am running a copy of 1.1.3 and 1.2.2 stock with only FASA and RPM. When I use the same models and the same edited configs (except the part category) I get vastly different results. I am quite confused. Since the .mu's aren't changing, the configs aren't changing, it has to be some issue between 1.2.2 and for whatever reason the mu from a 1.0.5 version of the game don't work with 1.1.3 but do with 1.2.2? Am I missing something?

7l0KFVe.pngfBFa7CZ.png

Extra testing version on the pad. You can see the difference here too.

gZR73rG.pngMRaajmk.png

1 minute ago, KGas- Inc said:

Since the .mu's aren't changing

Who said that they did not change? There have been many model changes between the KSP 1.1.3 and the 1.2.2 versions by @raidernick to fix various problems with the colliders. And even if i am wrong, the current behaviour is the expected one.

So, what's the actual problem?

9 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

Who said that they did not change?

I suppose that was a big assumption on my part. You are right, the current behavoir is the right one, I'm not saying its wrong, I am asking for help with a previous version. I understand it is an old version, I was just figuring someone could help me out.

I can't find those older 1.1.3 model files anywhere. I guess I am a bit of a novice but when trying to find a version of FASA that would work for 1.1.3, I was unable to do so. I can't find the 1.0.5 version on Spacedock and then the updated one (v6.0) which is the one I am using. If there was a changelog of the changes that would have those, this wouldn't be an issue for me. Can you direct me to those previous versions?

Thanks

Edited by KGas- Inc

11 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

@KGas- Inc SpaceDock has a version for KSP 1.0.5 but i am not aware for any version for KSP 1.1.3. Although i am not sure if there were any changes after the KSP 1.0.5 release, the model files are the same.

Right, that is exactly what I am saying @Phineas Freak, if the files had changed from 1.0.5 to a compatible 1.1.3 version, I would use those. But We don't. So I am using the new files (version 6.0 prerelease) with configs edited so that it will load in 1.1.3. Therefore, the only thing different between the two is the version of KSP, which brings me to my original point. If everything is the same but the version of KSP, what, if anything can I do? What accounts for the difference?

Edited by KGas- Inc

7 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

A detailed LEM IVA is being worked on. One detail in particular made me chuckle - Kerbals need to be seated in an IVA, and obviously, the LEM was flown standing. As a workaround, our IVA modeler made new seat props using their EVA helmets so they could reach the controls. :)

10 hours ago, LucidPixels said:

While it's true that BDB parts can functionally replace much of FASA, they just don't hit the same aesthetic notes for me.  Consider me quite excited that someone is working on this still.

I completely agree, though I really think the FASA assets are showing their age quite a bit, or at least, the textures haven't aged well. I wish someone would make a full realistic rocket pack to replace it.

30 minutes ago, Zapo147 said:

Might want to take a look at ALCOR and the ASET lander can replacement as quality benchmarks. The ALCOR is a god-tier mod, the IVA experience is outstanding.

Thanks for the comment, but this doesn't address the issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.