Dear Modders (show off your mods like a sir)

SPACETECH

Some days ago I found this site and I was pretty excited.

You can upload your model or directly export with Blender.

https://sketchfab.com/

Some users may already know this from the spaceport from my mod the escape pod.

Escapepod (click to view in 3D)

thumbnail_448.png?v=1366013997

So, what do you need to do?

- first you need to register on the site.

- choose the exporter for your software https://sketchfab.com/exporters

- install the exporter

A tip at the end. Unity dont need defined textures (except UV map). Sketchfab but only want to work with defined textures in Blender for correct export.

Edited by SPACETECH

Excellent find mate, thank you. This will actually help with mods alot, people will preview their model in it and then make revisions just so it looks better in that final version, so all in all its great.

Anyone up for rendering the parts from my Impulse Drive set?

I reposted the thread, or at least the DL link, I am no good with Unity and OrbitusII has not contacted me for some time now.

EDIT:

Radial Jet Engine (click to view in 3D)

thumbnail_448.png?v=1366399017

Well this thing is just plain neat. Going to be using this for my part previews from now on! Everyone can see what a horrible job I did on the meshes now too, hurrah! :D

RELEASE THAT.

If you just wanted to put them up on Sketchfab, you don't need Unity or anything to do that. The site has all the instructions you need to upload models, or how to add plugins into some 3D modelling programs that will upload for you.

Just had a look at that intake you've got on there Devo, went for the higher poly option than mine I see!

I suppose I could have made the fan blades a texture and rotated them, but I sort of felt the need for actual blades lol. Im just getting the exporter to work correctly now, script was failing on me.

My air intake is actually fairly low poly considering all the blades are physical..

image.php?id=0501_5171F3EA&jpg

image.php?id=81FA_5171F3EA&jpg

image.php?id=5FDB_5171F527&jpg

animation test

http://youtu.be/USVNe115sa0

Using the built-in wireframe mode on Sketchfab you can see that mine isn't exactly super detailed. :P Normal mapping helps it a lot in-game though. If you get that intake working and based off of throttle I would absolutely love to know how, I had a few people asking me if they did when I was showing off my initial versions of the part.

RbMVr0a.jpg

Using the built-in wireframe mode on Sketchfab you can see that mine isn't exactly super detailed. :P Normal mapping helps it a lot in-game though. If you get that intake working and based off of throttle I would absolutely love to know how, I had a few people asking me if they did when I was showing off my initial versions of the part.

RbMVr0a.jpg

nice man, definitely less FPS requirement than mine. I have only completed the part, im working on the throttle now. As I mentioned thought about a textured blade, I think the only reason I didn't go for a textured blade assembly was I was trying to do something (which worked)

By making the blades individual, I could give them all an individual specular gradient texture, which is silver/white/grey obviously. When the sun hits the fan blades, it glints on the same section of each blade and at the right angle, as opposed to a textured blade that would show the sunlight shining across it's entire surface. Does that make sense?

If you just wanted to put them up on Sketchfab, you don't need Unity or anything to do that. The site has all the instructions you need to upload models, or how to add plugins into some 3D modelling programs that will upload for you.

SketchFab crashes my FF, and i'm no good at unity, so OrbitusII would have to extract the models.

What I'm asking is if anyone feels up to doing a part showcase on Youtube.

Uh oh,

Today I got an email from sketchfab.

Hi there,

Thanks for your model on Sketchfab, and the post on the kerbalspaceport forum!

I contacted the admin to enquire about adding Sketchfab iframe support there!

I saw you put the bbcode here for a preview: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/st-space-tech-escape-pod-v1-0/

Isn't the iframe embed code working? It would let you have the 3D viewer directly in the page.

Let me know.

Best regards,

Alban Denoyel

In fact, that would be a nice feature

looking at that sketchfab email, im thinking one of the staff plays kerbal, and noticed you put that when looking for mods XD but i think they shouldn't have contacted squad right away, they already have enough on their hands...

If Squad got the Sketchfab viewer implemented on the Spaceport... So much awesomeness! :D

SketchFab crashes my FF, and i'm no good at unity, so OrbitusII would have to extract the models.

I'm not even sure if there is a way to get the .mu files back into a useable format... I can send you the blender files and you can look at those. I'm kinda busy right now, so not much getting done for me in general though... :huh:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.