LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

I'd love too buuuuutttttt........

A: I don't have a professional modeling software that can make .mu files.

B: I haven't downloaded unity.(It would take 6 hours to download with my crappy internet)

C: I would want to make a good IVA to do with it, which would take months.

D: I'm in school most of the time.

E: I'm going to summer camps for most of the summer.

A: Most of us use Blender or Sketch-up. Blender is free, it doesn't make .mu files, nothing does, you take the files it makes into unity and convert them, there are wonderful guides on these forums, Here's the blender tutorial I learned from, but it's out of date now, someone might be able to show you a better one.

B: I'm sorry about the internet, turn it on and go to bed.

C: Lack would have this same issue...

D: and E: the rest of us all have lives, school, jobs, girlfriends, husbands, boyfriends, wives.

Basically, Lack has already said he doesn't want to make it, so your options are the ones that are already out there, or make it yourself. Telling why it's too much work for you to make it yourself isn't going to convince someone else to do that work for you.

@Moon Goddess, hey you have that link for the tutorial, the ones I keep finding are lacking, and I really need to get better so I can assist Lack more.

@Pockrtplanesairways, Uh.... I can understand not having stuff, or whichever learning something new is never a bad thing though, and starting with sketchup/blender is completely free as well as gimp image editor for skins. Macbook... I won't pressure you with my anti-mac fanboisim if that's a thing, but I am curious as to why the retina display has anything to do with a lot of ram... Ram is independent of the display typically, i mean the display is just an output device, now the video card that comes with the retina display may have more video ram, that I could see and would make some sense but you could easily just add ram to any old mac book that didn't have a retina display couldn't you? I am trying to not be so anti-mac here so I am giving them the benefit of assuming you can still add ram to them, they may not.

Macbook... I won't pressure you with my anti-mac fanboisim if that's a thing, but I am curious as to why the retina display has anything to do with a lot of ram... Ram is independent of the display typically, i mean the display is just an output device, now the video card that comes with the retina display may have more video ram, that I could see and would make some sense but you could easily just add ram to any old mac book that didn't have a retina display couldn't you?

Well, the normal macbook pro has 4 GB of RAM auto, and the one with retina display comes with 8 GB of RAM auto.

B: I haven't downloaded unity.(It would take 6 hours to download with my crappy internet)

A: I don't have any software I bought, I got all the software because they are all free. Also no program makes .mu files, those are specifically for KSP.

B: Modding requires patience.

C: Practice makes perfect.

D: So am I.

E: So am I.

We all have lives too. All modders, developers, and I started out somewhere. I remember when I was like you and didn't know anything about modding or developing games but then I got help and found some good tutorials. There are helpful tutorials on modding KSP out there you could look at to learn how mod. To me modding and making games are actually really fun. :)

You are making that game?

XD glad to see you on the ksp forums

Yes I am. Thank you! :)

So make someone else do it for you!

What in the Eff do you think i've been trying to do for many weeks on end?!? I'm kinda waiting till Mrthebull releases his Voskhod IVA so he will hopefully (I'm crossing every part of my body) make the old soyuz models so i can progress on my realistic soviet career mode.

That was sarcasm….. I was joking…. you know, never mind.

ANYway, Lack, I love the look new N-1 parts! Very, very fun to fly, even more to explode! Looking forward to LLL-12.

Bit of work on updating the LVT-80 engine

Javascript is disabled. View full album

@Antimatter,

I wouldn't worry about that, the advantage of just sticking to part mods means it's a hobby you can pretty much put down and pick up again at will, so it fits around my schedule nicely.

@likke_A_boss,

Thanks. No one's reported any problems from LLL-12, so I'll put up a link later tonight.

@Pockrtplanesairways,

I'd be careful about all this going around asking people to do things for you, and then listing excuse as to why you are unwilling to at least try yourself. You risk coming off as a bit of chancer.

Besides, I'm the wrong person to come to if you're wanting an IVA. If it's got a window and a dial it's done as far as I'm concerned.

@SSSPutnik,

Very nice. I always like seeing your stuff for the Jool-5.

@K3|Chris,

Wait, so you've actually got it working? I had buoyancyForce defined before and it didn't help. Been trying to get that to work for ages, without any luck even with Snjo's help.

Could you send me your set up?

No I can't get it to work weirdly enough, I've added that module to other parts and had them float, but doesn't work with those airbags, I assume it's because they don't have proper collisions or the collisions are animated? Adding the module to a plain fuel tank or similar works just fine, I assume the radial/animated nature is the problem.

Perhaps add a normal mesh collider inside the bag once it's inflated? My understanding of unity is limited at best so I'm only taking pot-shots here.

Edited by K3|Chris

No I can't get it to work weirdly enough, I've added that module to other parts and had them float, but doesn't work with those airbags, I assume it's because they don't have proper collisions or the collisions are animated? Adding the module to a plain fuel tank or similar works just fine, I assume the radial/animated nature is the problem.

Perhaps add a normal mesh collider inside the bag once it's inflated? My understanding of unity is limited at best so I'm only taking pot-shots here.

Could be, I'd suspected it was the MODEL{} node but hadn't actually tested that formally. Might try a dummy collider as a seperate .mu and adding that in as well, I may have sort of overwritten the animation in Unity, so can't quite be bothered with re-making that.

Edit: Links:

If you've got a current save running LLL I'd suggest a backup, no-one's reported any problems so far but better safe than sorry.

LLL-12.zip

Optional:

LLL-12-Extra.zip

I've split LLL-Extra into an extra DL, simply since there's some things in there that are slightly more un-polished.

Also, the HDD space is down about 30%, not sure how that translates to RAM savings.

Edit 2:

SXT is also updated, re-skinned the LV-T80 and added a 2 person lander can.

See OP for link.

Edit 3:

Been working on a LV-T45 without the 'thrust plate'.

G1USJey.png

Edit 4:

QR93qoc.png

Edited by Lack

Thanks Lack, you're the best!! :)

I was using the Jool V parts and the skinny and thin separator had trouble decoupling (read: didn't decouple at all). Do you know the cause of this? It's quite a heavily modded install, but mostly with parts. No Kerbal Joint Reinforcement or Ferram Aerospace Research or anything.

Re: Mach_XXII's request, heck, can you just make *all* the stock engines without tank butts (they're not even thrust plates, they're literally the bottom dome of the tank above them, a tank butt).

That would be quite literally amazing. I would no longer hatehatehate stock engines (well, also when combined with blackheart's retextures...)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.