LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

Wow, you just keep churning this stuff out! Looks great!

So, since these parts are both glorious and RAM-friendly (couldn't be friendlier), I would love to support them in RO. Would anyone like to volunteer to help make config patches?

(Even if not, I'd greatly appreciate if, Lack, you could tell me how many m^2 of solar cell surface area are on each solar panel.)

god i wish i had some IVAs to go with all this awesomeness *turns into small dog* *begs*

roll over! roll over! there's a good boy! who's a good boy? yes you are! yes yesh you are you adorable thing! XD

sorry i have a dog at home but when he begs and doesn't get what he wants he just looks down and keeps just looking at us with this very sad look every few mintues and if we walk away he follows us.

but when he does get what he wants he jumps about the place

Wow, you just keep churning this stuff out! Looks great!

So, since these parts are both glorious and RAM-friendly (couldn't be friendlier), I would love to support them in RO. Would anyone like to volunteer to help make config patches?

(Even if not, I'd greatly appreciate if, Lack, you could tell me how many m^2 of solar cell surface area are on each solar panel.)

I think each of the large panels is 1.21 m^2. Although I seem to get different results depending on how I calculate it.

Did someone say IVAs? (Well, excluding the couple already in the mod).

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The mission report when I crash these things is sad to read, especially on a fully laden plane.

Also, I switched the LLL infiltration pod/tug/thingamabob to the asteroid grabber code. Works exactly liked I'd envisioned it now.

Here's an advance on that till I update LLL: http://pastebin.com/QAqYzJtF

Lack: Ok, I'll go with that.

Also, what would you be needing for the RO config patches?

Also, if people re-download the SXT .zip, the above IVA should be in there along with one or two minor bug-fixes.

No tray tables?! No emergency exits? No safety light path?

Oh hang on, this is KSP.

Seriously, nice job!

(Overhead locker marked "Body Bags" would be cool.)

Well, it does have little lights along the passage, and you get some nice big seats and some leg-room. At least they'll die in comfort, I'm not a total monster.

@Porkjet,

Thanks. I did what most air-liners do and tried to cram another row in, didn't quite fit, so I'll just have to increase ticket prices and/or cut down on safety costs.

I missed the safety lights. Sorry, my bad. Do they lead anywhere or just to a blank wall? :)

BTW when are you posting a release to the non in-development area?

They'll guide you up near the door. Although, I've just realised it's missing some of the props such as the door crank/handle; could add the lights guiding you to it while I'm fixing that.

ZLOKr0W.png

Edit:

Ah yes, I keep forgetting to move to Addon Releases, I was going to do that with LLL after the -12 release. Probably need to put together a slightly guide to the parts.

Edited by Lack

i cant get to work the 12.2 link, could you please mirror it?

I see what I've done, just delete the "" at the end of the URL. I'll fix the OP in a second.

Edit: Fixed.

I've got a new thread written for Add-on Releases, I'll post that shortly.

Edited by Lack

Lack: For RO patches, what's needed is:

1. Rescale parts to the size they would have in real life (for example, if the turbofan is based on a real turbofan, make it 1:1 scale)

2. Give the parts real stats (i.e. give the turbofan its real stats; assign a mass to the cockpit more or less like it would actually have).

2 is obviously more complex, and will also depend on what you want to do with the parts; if you want your N1 parts, for example, to be the real N1, then you assign them that mass and scale and tank volume; if you just want them as rocket parts inspired by the N1's look, you can make them more or less any size (and then modify the stats to follow the resize-from-actual-N1).

2 is also more complex because different parts need different sets of stats; for example, solar panels should have their actual kW/m^3 (it's about 0.1-0.2, depending on how modern the panel; 1EC/sec=1kW), fuel tanks need a ModuleFuelTanks of the appropriate type (Default, Cryogenic, ServiceModule [for pressurized tanks]) and volume (the volume in liters available to resources)...

The sad thing is we don't have a stock alike LOK/LK.

For gods sake. This is at least the seventh mod post on the forum that I've seen you post asking for your bloody soyuz or whatever. Face facts mate, you're the only person on the forum who wants it. Hardly anyone else knows/cares about it. I'd really suggest you learn blender and/or sketchup so you can make it yourself. People are getting quite sick of this.

CP, sorry, but it's the truth.

Hmm the LLL config files for mod fuels is quite a mess.

All 3 tanks LFO/kethane/jet have different capacity (quite big difference), and come configured with LFO resources.

That the modular fuels config? Never actually used the mod, the config was written via a script since someone kept requesting it. It just added up the amounts for whatever resources were in the tank and wrote it as volume. If you're willing to provide a fix, then I can upload that.

@NathanKell,

With the rescales, would there be a standardisation of sizes? For example the turbofan is based off the GE-90, which is about 3.something m in diameter. Would that be best stuck to 3m, or exact 1:1 sizes.

Edited by Lack

Hmm yes, the modular fuels config.

BTW also noticed the standard Jet/LFO containers are a bit odd, for example the jet only tank would hold less fuel than the same size LFO tank (which holds also oxidizer). Any particular reason for that?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.