LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

Ermagherd, that's too much awesome in one post, please remove it, my eyes can't take it! :P

The way you are doing the radial cockpit seems really good and functional. I like it :D

The nose opening up surprised me :o I wasn't expecting that. But in a good way.

Ermagherd, that's too much awesome in one post, please remove it, my eyes can't take it! :P

The way you are doing the radial cockpit seems really good and functional. I like it :D

The nose opening up surprised me :o I wasn't expecting that. But in a good way.

Well, wouldn't do to have an Antonov without the nose-door. The 225's one of my favourite planes, would love to see it up close sometime.

Lack, I recommend ModuleRCSFX for your vernier thrusters. It allows bi-propellant RCS.

how do you get modulercsfx to work?? I replaced the normal RCS cfg with the example in its thread's OP, but it just makes the RCS block literally unusable!

also, that new prop engine looks awesome! :)

Tweakable everything has a way to invert gimbaling, so that might work.

Also, part ideas!

Can we have a front that opens in half sideways? I think that would be far better for rockets too.

Maybe an An-12 like glass nose.

Radially attached canopy style cockpit, i say base it off the P-47.

And lastly, stock alike solar panels based off the ones on the Bigelow Aerospace station concepts.

5cPhUeQ.jpg

Small one

Wdye9El.jpg

Larger/alternate version.

Quick question, is there a way to make the deployed airbags buoyant like the firespitter pontoons are? Preferably only when they're deployed.

Tried for a long time with that one, even with Snjo's help couldn't get it to work.

And something completely un-related.

LbqLbqh.png

Xvxvvr3.png

zNclVDV.png

VCcAbt4.jpg

Ox7YDko.png

AaWkLwV.png

I decided to download Kerbtown, it's good fun.

Yeah Kerbtown is great. I can't install it though, because I have too much other stuff installed. Hopefully 64 bit is coming soon. I really want to make some models for it. Shame about the airbags, but I've go no idea how that stuff works. If I had the slightest idea of how to do any kind of programming I'd try and figure it out.

Lack, if you're willing, I have a little request for you for SXT. I love the radial intakes, and use them a ton (including some rescaled versions). What would be great, though, is a shock-cone version of them too.

Example (using two rescaled ones):

94DseRrl.jpg

But due to AJE now modeling intakes, it needs to be one part, and also would obviously look better were the cone actually a cone. :)

Real-life examples: Starfighter, Mirage, etc.

Here's a DL for the KSC that I was messing around with,

Javascript is disabled. View full album

LacksKerbalSpaceCentre++.zip

Requires an up to date version of Kerbtown

I only really made it for personal use, so it's a bit on the unpolished side. But I figured people would have some fun with it. Might be laggy on lower end computers, but I haven't had any problems and this computers about 6 years old now.

Edited by Lack

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.