LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

I'm not sure if you should delete stuff completely as long as something isn't really completely useless. There surely are parts that are used less but in the end it might be better to simply subdivide the download package into a core pack and folders with extra stuff like the pipes so that they are optional but still available. And since SXT isn't RAM heavy anyway I don't see the problem with having more parts except for a bit of clutter in the editor (which can be worked around with PartCatalog even though I'm not sure if there is .24.2 version).

And if you still only want some parts you can delete the rest individually which is always an option.

Edited by The Mechanic
Wasn't happy with the first sentence wording.

Bug report: The ke-111 cockpit's iva windows are totally black. Screenshots to be posted when ksp loads again.

Edit: They're not black, they're the same dark-ish blue as the outside of the windows.

aBbFMZn.png

Edited by bs1110101

Bug report: The ke-111 cockpit's iva windows are totally black. Screenshots to be posted when ksp loads again.

Edit: They're not black, they're the same dark-ish blue as the outside of the windows.

http://i.imgur.com/aBbFMZn.png

I noticed that in one of the versions I posted for the pre-release (swapping out the textures messed with the alpha channel that deals with transparency), but I updated the download a day or two later with a fix (or at least I'm pretty sure I did). Could you re-download the SXT pre-release and see if it persists?

Ok, done, waiting on ksp to load for testing.

Edit: Same exact problem.

Also, since you made the K-170, can we get a RD-0120 (The engines on the core stage of the Energia) equivalent and maybe a RD-180 (The 2 chambered version the Atlas 5 uses)

Another random thing: I did the math on the N1 parts, and a single NK-15 would have 260kn thrust, and an NK-15v would have 300kn, somewhat overpowered for an engine less then a meter in diameter.

Edited by bs1110101

Also, since you made the K-170, can we get a RD-0120 (The engines on the core stage of the Energia) equivalent and maybe a RD-180 (The 2 chambered version the Atlas 5 uses)

Another random thing: I did the math on the N1 parts, and a single NK-15 would have 260kn thrust, and an NK-15v would have 300kn, somewhat overpowered for an engine less then a meter in diameter.

It was working on my end, I mustn't have uploaded the fix then. I'll fix it when I can. I have all my ksp stuff on a external HDD actually; I could probably get that and see if I can copy across the 'fix' texture. Going to be a few weeks by the looks of it till I get a KSP capable computer assembled. Slightly regretting giving my old one away so readily now.

I'll have a read about them, see if there's a nice niche they could fill.

Yeah, I did a post on the N-1 parts over on the Tantares thread as well. The NK-15 is a very good engine in real-life though...

I've done more math, the only point of a RD-180 would be looks, as stat wise it would be more or less like the KR-2L but a bit worse and cheaper. The RD-0120 on the other hand would be way more useful, mostly because a 7.5 meter Energia would be totally awesome.

Anyway, good luck with your computer building.

Does KSC++ Support Kerbal Konstructs? If it doesn't will it ever support Kerbal Konstructs? I Kinda want to use KSC++ with KerbinSide but KerbinSide is switching over to Kerbal Konstructs and dropping KerbTown support.

EDIT: The KK page says KSC++ should work.

Edited by mike9606

Kerbal Konstructs is supposed to be compatible with kerbtown based packages, so it shouldn't be an issue. the only things that have been changing are some parameters for alternate launch locations, and I think KK is doing it in a much better way than kerbtown did. At the very least, I launched a plane from an airfield at the north pole today, and with kerbtown I usually ended up somewhere under the terrain closer to the equator with the same launch site selected.

I've done more math, the only point of a RD-180 would be looks, as stat wise it would be more or less like the KR-2L but a bit worse and cheaper. The RD-0120 on the other hand would be way more useful, mostly because a 7.5 meter Energia would be totally awesome.

And way oversized. It'd almost be as big as the real one, and would be almost useless in a KSP context. A better size would be 3.75m or 5m at most.

Yep, the K-170 is oversized now, being almost realistic size. I play with 6.4 scale kerbin and thus utterly huge things like that are useful for me. Also, i just want a RD-0120 for it, which would be useful on it's own anyway.

I'm not sure about it, but i think the N1 is full scale too, i say keep up with it for sake of huge rockets being fun.

Completely unrelatedly, who does the Real Fuel configs for SXT? There's a MFT cfg, so i guess i post my nitpicks here. Anyway, the Black Arrow used RP-1 and HTP, not RP-1 and LOX (though that might be defaulting to that) and the N1 and Saturn tanks don't work with MFT.

Yep, the K-170 is oversized now, being almost realistic size. I play with 6.4 scale kerbin and thus utterly huge things like that are useful for me. Also, i just want a RD-0120 for it, which would be useful on it's own anyway.

I'm not sure about it, but i think the N1 is full scale too, i say keep up with it for sake of huge rockets being fun.

Completely unrelatedly, who does the Real Fuel configs for SXT? There's a MFT cfg, so i guess i post my nitpicks here. Anyway, the Black Arrow used RP-1 and HTP, not RP-1 and LOX (though that might be defaulting to that) and the N1 and Saturn tanks don't work with MFT.

The K-170 was initially going to be a 2.5m engine, but I ended up scaling it up to 3.75m since I couldn't find a niche I was totally happy with. I'm not a hundred percent happy with the stats at the moment. It could be a 2.5m sitting at about 1800kN thrust. But there aren't many stock 3.75m engines so I thought 'why not'. If I move it down to 2.5m then the RD-0120-like cluster could make a nice 5m engine. The real-life core stage is 7.75m, I think, so that'd fit well with the general 0.64 scale rule.

Heh, the N-1 is not quite full scale, the real-life one is about 17m in diameter at the base! The SXT one is a measly 7(ish)m at the widest point.

The real-fuels'll be MrWizerd's work, never used that myself. He was down with the flu last I checked, actually can't remember if I said get well soon, just in case

E04JBrl.png

@awsumindyman,

I'll need to finish the An-225/heavy-plane set off really, it's missing a few things like the wing mount, a radial crew-section (needs windows, hatch, IVA, etc.) and a few other things I had planned.

EDIT:

Here's the files for latest ke-111 version I had, the transparency was working on mine with this anyway.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39086055/Ke111patch.zip

Edited by Lack

I can confirm KSC++ V3 works with Kerbal Konstructs, but the roads cars were driving on led into the the raised groudn the KSC sits on, so cars were driving in and out of the ground. Also, I think some stuff may have been a bit off from where they should have been.

The Ke-111 still doesn't work right, still cant see out the windows.

Only thing I can think of is that something is interfering with the alpha channel loading (which is used for the transparency). ATM stripped alpha channels at one point (although I was under the impression that'd been removed in recent versions), if you're running it; could try making sure you have a new version of that and/or ask rbray if it might be ATM interfering somehow.

@mike,

Yeah, that's just my sloppy modding, hadn't initially been going to release KSCPlus so it's pretty rough. That's getting overhauled eventually, I posted some pics over in the release thread the other week.

Re. SXT:

Which parts do you regard as spam?

I felt there were an unnecessary number of Hitchhiker variants, and different colours of the inflatable fuel tanks, for instance. I get particularly concerned about excess parts, though, due to having other mods with lots of parts, and a laptop which often struggles with KSP. Quite a few parts from SXT I ditched in favour of similar parts in other mods, but this mod has also eliminated any reason to keep some of the other mods I had, with SXT parts being similar, often better implemented, and much more RAM-friendly.

Re. SXT:

I felt there were an unnecessary number of Hitchhiker variants, and different colours of the inflatable fuel tanks, for instance. I get particularly concerned about excess parts, though, due to having other mods with lots of parts, and a laptop which often struggles with KSP. Quite a few parts from SXT I ditched in favour of similar parts in other mods, but this mod has also eliminated any reason to keep some of the other mods I had, with SXT parts being similar, often better implemented, and much more RAM-friendly.

Thanks!

A few more questions, if that's alright.

> Which version of SXT are you running?

> Do you have ModuleManager 2.0 or above?

If everything is working properly there should only be 2 inflatable fuel tanks (one in frame, one without) and only in the gold colouring. I've got a lot of module manager patches running in SXT, it'll be a little broken without it. I'll put it in the next install I think.

Propulsion section should look like this.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

For the hitch-hiker likes, the current hab parts are the

PPD-4 [2.5m - 2 man half-hitchhiker]

PPD-6 [2.5m - 4 man hitchhiker with Elec and Monoprop]

SPKTR-10 [2.5m-3.75m-1.25m]

CANIOT-7 [3.75m]

ISK-30 [3.75m]

LK-S3E Heavy Habitat [5m]

Possibly do away with the PPD-6? I like the Spktr, 3.75m and 5m ones.

EDIT:

I've borrowed a half-way decent computer for today, so can have a quick mess around with modding.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Lack

Thought i read that Lack was asking for requests. Something i always thought was missing was a 4x2 cargo section with an end door/ramp.

like this

container-3-finished-under-details.jpg

Top section optional (we have that) but the end access i have always wanted. It could be a space station hanger or a rover drop box.

Thought i read that Lack was asking for requests. Something i always thought was missing was a 4x2 cargo section with an end door/ramp.

like this

http://freakart89.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/container-3-finished-under-details.jpg

Top section optional (we have that) but the end access i have always wanted. It could be a space station hanger or a rover drop box.

Huh, why didn't I think of this?!? I should have asked for something like this MONTHS ago! :P

Thanks!

A few more questions, if that's alright.

> Which version of SXT are you running?

> Do you have ModuleManager 2.0 or above?

If everything is working properly there should only be 2 inflatable fuel tanks (one in frame, one without) and only in the gold colouring. I've got a lot of module manager patches running in SXT, it'll be a little broken without it. I'll put it in the next install I think.

Propulsion section should look like this.

http://imgur.com/a/xBNo3

For the hitch-hiker likes, the current hab parts are the

PPD-4 [2.5m - 2 man half-hitchhiker]

PPD-6 [2.5m - 4 man hitchhiker with Elec and Monoprop]

SPKTR-10 [2.5m-3.75m-1.25m]

CANIOT-7 [3.75m]

ISK-30 [3.75m]

LK-S3E Heavy Habitat [5m]

Possibly do away with the PPD-6? I like the Spktr, 3.75m and 5m ones.

EDIT:

I've borrowed a half-way decent computer for today, so can have a quick mess around with modding.

http://imgur.com/a/dx2X4

I Like the new intakes.

Therefore:

rmUzdSm.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.