LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

So I tried to replicate this, but couldn't quite (though had some other weirdness and couldn't get Crew Manifest to work).

I suspect it's related to this Vanguard module 'ModuleKrHatch', which stripped the part of it's crew capacity and assigned them to the nearest crew compartment (you used to be able to use, see 2 posts above the linked one. I was able to store crew in the airlocks and don't have anything past firespitter installed). Try removing that module in the configs?

LLL\Parts\Utility\Airlock\part.cfg

LLL\Parts\Utility\HatchDoor\part.cfg

Also, I really wish the stock crew movy thingy didn't require a hatch on the model.

Bingo! Removing that module did the trick! Now it works as it did before!

EDIT:

Wait... damn it. No. Not quite.

If you have a hatch or airlock attached to something that doesn't have a crew interior it still won't let you in.

Edited by Logan.Darklighter

Hey lack, I know you are busy, and won't get around to working on the LLL mod for at least a month, but when you get a chance, could you look into reworking the two turrets you have, as BD Armory has had a major update that has made all previous turrets unusable. I really love using your turrets and would fix them up myself if I could, but they need to be rebuilt in unity to the new standards.

Thanks, and have fun on your trip.

And another error here:

Load(Model): LLL/Parts/Utility/Grill/modelx

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

File error:
Failed to read past end of stream.
at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer (Int32 numBytes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at A. .ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at A. . (.UrlFile ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Model load error in 'C:\Kerbal Space Program 90 x86\GameData\LLL\Parts\Utility\Grill\modelx.mu'

So, uh, this is still happening. Is this file actually needed?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's in SXT. The version in SXT is a 3.75m part, but there's 2.5m configs at SXT/Parts/Hull/inflatableTank/2-5m/

You'll need to change the 'category = -1' to Structural and add 'TechRequired' and 'entryCost' lines (just copy those across from the 3.75m configs).

I really love KSC++, but lots of sections of the road and rail clip into the ground and create z fighting. Any chance of a fix?

Edit: Is compatibility with the KerbinSide KSC Upgrades a possibility?

Edited by MrMeeb

Are the PPd-4 and the PPD8 broken for everyone, or is it my install causing this problem?

Yes and there are more parts that are not compatible with 1.0.4, and this is on stock installs . When loading most of these plane parts on the runway, the game will go to "space" like you are in orbit . Also some parts lock your SPH so you cant click parts. We will have to wait for an update sadly.

Some parts include the rear cargo door piece and the the Mk-3 cockpit. The debug tool throws a long list of exceptions thrown by the mod.

Here is a snippet of some relevant things I saw in my player.log

Look rotation viewing vector is zero

Cannot find InternalPart 'kossakint'

Edited by lextacy

Yes and there are more parts that are not compatible with 1.0.4, and this is on stock installs'

CKAN users beware

Confirmed and it has a bug in file structure as reported before. There is evidence that it should be version restricted.

Edited by nobodyhasthis

CKAN was pointing to the old Kerbalstuff version back in 1.0.4 (I'd had trouble updating KS so had switched to gitHub, I'd been under the impression ckan had as well, but it hadn't. That's fixed now though).

More info here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79542-1-0-5-SXT-Lack-s-Stock-Extension-SXT-23-10NOV15-KSC-v3?p=2288664&viewfull=1#post2288664

CKAN should also now list the correct dependencies (it wasn't and removed the required firespitter and module manager modules). Though I'm not sure when this will 'go live' as their bot needs to catch it or something. Version restricted?

Also, I keep forgetting this thread still exists. Should probably ask an admin to lock it.

Edit: Downloaded the ckan now, dependencies seem to be displaying now. Will give it a try later on.

Edited by Lack

CKAN was pointing to the old Kerbalstuff version back in 1.0.4 (I'd had trouble updating KS so had switched to gitHub, I'd been under the impression ckan had as well, but it hadn't. That's fixed now though).

More info here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79542-1-0-5-SXT-Lack-s-Stock-Extension-SXT-23-10NOV15-KSC-v3?p=2288664&viewfull=1#post2288664

CKAN should also now list the correct dependencies (it wasn't and removed the required firespitter and module manager modules). Though I'm not sure when this will 'go live' as their bot needs to catch it or something. Version restricted?

Also, I keep forgetting this thread still exists. Should probably ask an admin to lock it.

Edit: Downloaded the ckan now, dependencies seem to be displaying now. Will give it a try later on.

Thank you. Sorry for any confusion.

The file error I was referring to was the missing .wav files in the CKAN download. They where only found in your manual firespitter download folder. The version listed in dependencies is correct but will only get the firespitter .dll folder. It will not get that extra Sounds folder containing the engine noise .wav files. Is it not possible to put the sound files in the SXT folder instead and correct the file path?

Currently CKAN works but users will need to manually set up engine sounds by getting the missing .wav files.

Apart for that everything appears to work but some parts descriptions showed corruption in version 1.0.4. They will continue to do so in 1.0.5 but it appears that the everything else is fine so far. CKAN assumes that SXT is 1.0.5 compliant unless you decided otherwise.

Edited by nobodyhasthis

Thank you. Sorry for any confusion.

The file error I was referring to was the missing .wav files in the CKAN download. They where only found in your manual firespitter download folder. The version listed in dependencies is correct but will only get the firespitter .dll folder. It will not get that extra Sounds folder containing the engine noise .wav files. Is it not possible to put the sound files in the SXT folder instead and correct the file path?

Currently CKAN works but users will need to manually set up engine sounds by getting the missing .wav files.

Apart for that everything appears to work but some parts descriptions showed corruption in version 1.0.4. They will continue to do so in 1.0.5 but it appears that the everything else is fine so far. CKAN assumes that SXT is 1.0.5 compliant unless you decided otherwise.

I moved the sound files from Firespitter into the SXT folder in the SXT-23 update to avoid precisely that, though. I may have missed one of the references in the configs though, which part's giving this issue. (I'd suggest deleting SXT and redownloading just to make sure we're working off the same version).

Which part descriptions are showing corruption? SXT is 1.0.5 compliant as far as I'm aware (at least SXT-23 is, which I released as the 1.0.5 compatible update), hence I listed it as such in the SXT thread.

I moved the sound files from Firespitter into the SXT folder in the SXT-23 update to avoid precisely that, though. I may have missed one of the references in the configs though, which part's giving this issue. (I'd suggest deleting SXT and redownloading just to make sure we're working off the same version).

This is a wait it out situation for your previous work to filter through then. Sure enough the version 23 seems to run absolutely dandy in 1.0.5. Can now confirm that CKAN is good to go on my last install. All this comes from that change over from Kerbalstuff. CKAN was hanging on to version 22.2 which was a little bit odd in 1.0.4 anyway. Also the link to the forum shown there directed users to the development thread that you wanted locked. Hence the confusion. Sorry about that. Any other users seeing issues need to confirm they also have a cleaned up and gone for a fresh install of version 23.

The good news is the 23 update seems to have cleared things out and I am pretty sure CKAN will be looking in the right place now after things settle down. Always a bit of a little bump in changing game version but right now things are looking up. Thank you for the support and your patience in dealing with the transition to 1.0.5

Edited by nobodyhasthis

Ever since I've discovered this set of mods, I have utilized them for rovers, Kerbin settlements, and even space stations. I don't know if you take requests, as I have seen a few on here but not sure what the outcome is, but wonder if you'd consider adding parts that could be used for buoyancy, trim, and diving. I've often wondered what it would be like to build a station under Kerbin's ocean surface... :wink:

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Chainbullet said:

I am trying to use this mod, and all tanks with propellant resources appear to not have any fuel within them or any option to input them. I've attempted to reinstall but nothing has worked.. what do I do?

You probably need updated version of firespitter plugin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2016 at 4:17 PM, 123nick said:

is this mod abandoned? there hasnt been any real posting on this thread from the mod author in like, months.

I would hope this mod isn't abandoned, because I quite like it. It works for 1.1.2, so long as your plugins (e.g. Firespitter) are up-to-date.

However, this is the development thread, not the release thread. The release thread has people confirming that it works in 1.1.x, except for the landing skids (due to Unity 5 shenanigans) even though the latest official release is for 1.0.4

On June 12, 2016 at 2:40 AM, King Something said:

I would hope this mod isn't abandoned, because I quite like it. It works for 1.1.2, so long as your plugins (e.g. Firespitter) are up-to-date.

However, this is the development thread, not the release thread. The release thread has people confirming that it works in 1.1.x, except for the landing skids (due to Unity 5 shenanigans) even though the latest official release is for 1.0.4

ok, thanks :D 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.