LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

I'm not a fan of craft files. To me KSP is about making your own things.

Plus it doesn't actually work, it has almost no struts so any acceleration applied makes it go all wobbly. I had to hyperedit it into orbit.

same with mine. although the connection between the parts on my ship is strong as hell. i used suspicious gyroscope to make it spin out of control and rip apart. but all i got was the parts spazzing out like they got kraken'd(without the pieces ripping apart!) then 5 seconds later my ship zooms out of the solar system(the sun shrunk smaller and smaller.....then dissapeared.)

I'm not a fan of craft files. To me KSP is about making your own things.

Plus it doesn't actually work, it has almost no struts so any acceleration applied makes it go all wobbly. I had to hyperedit it into orbit.

Ah well, still a beautiful ship you created.

Lack, when do we get the new adapter parts??

I've made a lot of cool things with this pack, and I have to say it's probably one of my favorites!

tumblr_mlmjybNboL1qerv8io1_1280.png

tumblr_mlmjybNboL1qerv8io3_1280.png

x3vm6e.png

2i8ga5l.png

10pygqr.png

2ziogb9.png

The last one is me aiming a ship at the other ship with a "Torpedo" being the large solid thruster. Unfortunately it didn't decouple and sent my ship ramming into the other one. Was still amazing.

I also have Hyperedit so I'm plopping these all over Duna, colonizing the planet.

Really good looking parts for ship building, so far used them to build a small VTOL to pick up kethane from my mun drilling base

KSPLanderonmun.png

And a refining ship to refine the kethane and refuel other ships in orbit around the mun

KSPRefiningship.png

Approching for docking

KSPCloseapproch.png

tjhQaQh.png

Messing around with a potential new cockpit. Working name: MkV Hog, or possibly Walrus. Might even play around with the re-scale and make a 4x2 version for some ridiculously over-sized rovers.

Also, some seriously cool ships being posted. Lataruz, is that VTOL lander asymmetrical? I hadn't even considered doing that, nice one.

yeah it is, but its balanced enough to land on the mun, or alteast mechjeb managed to do it^^ it also landed with only one leg breaking off on Kerbin when i used the TAC fuel balancer mod to balance the weight.

If anyone is interested ill upload the craft files

Always the problem with VTOLs, balancing the fuel. I've had one or two in the past where I burnt through too much fuel due to a difficulty in balancing, only to find that making the problem worse.

Anyways, I've realised that the door on the side is a tad small, but it does allow it to work in both sizes.

4eM2WPI.png

eJmOSEI.png

lYytSUn.png

7KXLURH.png

zDFoQQP.png

Edit:

Also made a quick counter weight part. Sounds like a small thing but means that you can actually balance those darnable rovers (see the last picture above, actually well balanced).

Edited by Lack

LLL-Hog+Weight.zip

Well then, guess I'm going with 'Hog'. No description or the likes written yet and I'll probably tinker with it some more; but I figured people may want to play with it in the mean time. The .zip also contains the counter-weight piece, that may come in useful.

God, the Hog is such a nice idea. Looks beautiful so have a shot of it with some lights I need help with. The lights actually give the mouth some cool features, or 'teeth'.

WelgPUq.png

yFk7B5P.png

Edit: DISASTER HAS STRUCK. It's now a grounded Hog.

pKwm0Uu.png

Edited by Tetriswizard

Lack you may consider taking the functional but untextured parts and sticking them in a new release like 0.095.1 or 0.096 or put the DL links in the main post just to make it easier to find the adaptors. I realize there's only 4 pages of posts but it was surprisingly hard to find the link.

Lack you may consider taking the functional but untextured parts and sticking them in a new release like 0.095.1 or 0.096 or put the DL links in the main post just to make it easier to find the adaptors. I realize there's only 4 pages of posts but it was surprisingly hard to find the link.

Do something that's obvious and makes things easier to use? Why on earth would anyone want to do something like that?

(Thanks, I do occasionally need a prod in the right direction with these things. I've updated the first post with current downloads, at least till I repackage the lot).

In the mean time: I didn't quite think my duna base/rover through, i.e. I ended up landing with the rover still attached. Worked out in the end, I could drive over for a better view.

Ggdwpnx.png

xu2p9WQ.jpg

YR11jDh.png

4T9YAqb.png

wQgtHgk.png

Full album

Edited by Lack

You sure that's not just one of the HOME radial engines?

Yep, they're from the home pack. I'd say I'm holding off making my own engines since it would be a replication of effort, but to be honest, it's because engines look complicated to make.

The other parts there are a re-sized copy of B9's landing legs, assorted odds and ends from Shrogg's Greebles and Doodads and radial tanks from KSPX.

Engines aren't all that bad. The hardest part I've found with my Electric Engines is setting up UV maps for the nozzle sections. Implementing them in Unity and doing configs for standard liquid engines would be really pretty easy.

You could definitely give them that LLL flavour by making them very angular. I quickly scraped this together as a sort of concept idea you could use for nozzles. While not very realistic, it does look like it might fit in with your parts.

oAC2PkV.jpg

I remember looking at this thread sometime before the forums crapped out, and seeing that Kreuzung was working on where an any airlock could let astronauts out on eva, is this still being worked on? Also are there any IVA's in the works?

Between this and the new B9, I'm super excited for the awesome sci-fi builds.

I remember looking at this thread sometime before the forums crapped out, and seeing that Kreuzung was working on where an any airlock could let astronauts out on eva, is this still being worked on? Also are there any IVA's in the works?

Between this and the new B9, I'm super excited for the awesome sci-fi builds.

Yes, Kreuzung's plugin compatibility is still planned but I haven't been actively working on it. It may get done this weekend since it shouldn't be too hard, but it equally might not. No IVAs in the work currently, they're planned (although currently planned for between now and the universal phase-transition) but for now I'd recommend just changing the .cfg and using ones from other mods.

Edited by Lack

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.