LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

Is there a way to stop the centrifuge part spinning in VAB?

Also, is it possible to get a round/cylindrical solar panel kit similar to the round/cylindrical windows? Plenty of times now where i've wanted form fitting, non-deploying solar for a cylindrical assembly.

Edited by Gryphorim

Ha nice!

I'm still messing with the test version of it, but the large grill plate has a part of its description that says "Intake, exhaust, or cooling?" While the smaller one does not.

Also the docking lights don't have an icon in the parts list, just an empty gray square. Also the 2x1 Cargo has no description.

If these were fixed in the release sorry!

I've fixed the grill plate descriptions now. You should try the new release, there's a shiny new effect when using the grills for engine cooling, shame I couldn't get the particle system to work in Unity, then it would have been even better.

The icon is there, just very small. It's because the part is so large when extended. Not quite sure how to fix it.

The 2x1 Cargo is still massively unfinished so was dropped from release.

Is there a way to stop the centrifuge part spinning in VAB? Also, is it possible to get a round/cylindrical solar panel kit similar to the round/cylindrical windows? Plenty of times now where i've wanted form fitting, non-deploying solar for a cylindrical assembly."]Is there a way to stop the centrifuge part spinning in VAB? Also, is it possible to get a round/cylindrical solar panel kit similar to the round/cylindrical windows? Plenty of times now where i've wanted form fitting, non-deploying solar for a cylindrical assembly.

Not without a plugin. I tried using the stock animation module but it didn't like the looping animation, although now I think about it I could use that for a bunch of things I've tied to the landing legs module.

The solar panel part is probably possible, but I've no idea how to get solar panels to work at the moment. So I'd need to read up on that.

Hmm, the copy I've got says:

Don't tell anyone, but they don't actually do anything. We just thought they looked 'space-y'.

Which is correct, since they're just decoration really. Unless I'm just really tired and I'm missing something obvious; it should probably be noted that I am actually really tired.

Embarrassing... My bad, your totally right :P I read it about 5 times and just didn't see the don't, they are rather nice, and have uses beyond aesthetics, its crossfeed so can essentially become a fuel line

I must say, I absolutely love this parts pack. You did a very fine job here! Only one thing bothers me right now: the centrifuge is too big! Maybe it's just me, but I tend to make smaller, more functional ships, and I'd love if the centrifuge had its arms with half that lenght. I'm not talking a simple rescale, since that would make the livig pods too small, but an edit of the model. Could that be done?

I was just toying a bit with the parts, and tried to do a modular base. Here's what I came up with:

screenshot200.png

That's the base (a test in KSC grounds) and the rover used to assemble it. Each module has spaceplane landing gear under it.

screenshot201.png

It has two habitation modules, a command center, a greenhouse module and a power plant that doubles as a rover recharging station. This version creates no lag, and you can add more and more modules.

screenshot202.png

Oh, and it looks pretty nice at night.

whoo! I got My com-sat part into the game and its mostly animating correctly, all it needs now is textures

will you give us a dowload link to it when its done i have been looking for new communication parts but no one makes them

Ember, are your parts for LLL or your own project? Cause you might consider making your own thread so you don't steal Lack's out from under him.

my parts are for LLL if lack doesnt like them I probably wont release them, unless i get pestered, then i might make my own thread

Im not sure if any of you notice but I made the Sparrow MK VI and that was the first part that I showed Lack, I also have a 2x4 cargo bay that he seems interested in and he definitely liked the Com-Sat

I did, I follow this thread. I just wanted to be clear about your intents for your parts, as I was curious. Hopefully I didn't come off hostile or anything, cause that wasn't my intent.

NP its fine, I didn't see it as hostile

Yeah, Ember makes some excellent stuff, so I have no problem with him posting his stuff. I'd count him as an official part of an LLL Conglomerate, or whatever I decide to call it, by now. I should make badges; and hats, everyone loves a good hat. Anyway, once UV maps and textures are sorted, I'd love to add the Cargo bay and Com-Sat to the pack.

I think there's a good community in this thread, so I have no problem with people discussing their own LLL themed work. If it became a big thing then I would probably start another thread, 'LLL Conglomerated Affiliates' or the likes and then include my favourite parts either with the main download or in an 'extras' download (I'd probably want to play with things like textures and .cfgs myself though).

I especially like people posting their own craft in the thread, gives me an idea of how the parts are being used and what else would help. Once I'm happy enough to call it a release and start a thread in Addon Releases then I imagine pictures of craft and the likes would move there.

Lack is a paragon of the ideal behind modding. He is open to ideas, open to the work of other people based on his, and tries to get new updates out in a timely fashion, even if they are smaller updates more quickly. I recall a stand in for 1x1 fuel tanks I made (simple cfg edit) and hosted for others that he endorsed. To my shame I did not ask his permission first, but I would like to think people made use of it until he had something made. Thanks Lack!

Anyways enough butt kissing!

I am also really interested in Ember's stuff getting added. Animated bits always look nice too!

Didnt realize that my parts were that well liked

anyway I made landing legs, I first tried radial but they kept on looking too bulky my second attempt was a stack version since I realized there aren't many of those at least that I know of but it didnt look good as I was trying to make it too complex an failing at it. my 3rd attempt is much better in my opinion

Someone in the THSS thread asked for these, so I made them. Since Lack contributed specifics for matching his parts I hope he doesn't mind me posting these here as well. :D

If there is a desire for more pieces, I can probably throw them together pretty quick. Try to make it with these and existing adapters from both kits, but if it just can't work let me know and I'll make another (PM is preferred so I don't miss it). :cool:

Goblin Enterprises - THSS / LLL Adapters!

GE_300s.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.