Be sad that none worked :P

@User unrelated

10char

Other things to try:

Texture to half-res

Uninstall mods to free up RAM

Be sad that none worked :P

No, the ship doesn't have whatever those are on it

My textures are at quarter res (except for pictures)

I only have 2 "big" mods, this, and the interstellar mod (which gives me no problems on it's own)

I think I'll have to settle for that last one :(

No, the ship doesn't have whatever those are on it

My textures are at quarter res (except for pictures)

I only have 2 "big" mods, this, and the interstellar mod (which gives me no problems on it's own)

I think I'll have to settle for that last one :(

Hmmm... how many parts are you using? 200 parts+ and it may lag a bit. Or you could be like me and my old PC, where some mod parts just lag to death :(

I'm really insiperd with this...

[Lack, what kind of dish do you use for making screens on firts page?]>null

Oh God, I'm so stupid... This is the stock Communotwork.

I knew I saw it before, but didn't extend it :)

How about textures for Oxygen tanks (1x1/2x1) and kethane generator, in addition to kethane tank, and batteries for this formfactor? :)

Edited by MaxP

Tought I would share some of my LLL vessels with you along with some of thier stories. Hope you bear with me and enjoy.

Now these are not 100% LLL+stock, there is B9, RT, some Aviation lights, Magic Smoke IR, KAS, NovaPunch, Tal and god know what else but LLL does make the vast majority of parts and makes these possible.

All were created to fulfill some function in my "main" save, carrer mode, and are posted cronologically so you can maybe see how things developed with regard to tech available and my own building skill improvment.

First off the Seeker series.

The Seekers were created as my multipurpose ships and are inspired by naval ships, as in, they all have an outside deck you can walk on on their top side. They are capable of performing rescue and refuel missions, tuging other ships, transporting many kerbals around but mostly they act as RemoteTech long range comms relays (instead of sattelites) and just plain look cool. They were intended to fly around Kerbin and its moons but with 4 to 6k delta-v on full tanks (depending on model) they can go interplanetary if needed. All dishes on Seeker class vessels are made movable by MagicSmoke IR.

Seeker I

The first of the series. Didnt have really long rng dishes yet so this one can only communicate to Duna/Eve. The highly asymetrical desing means its hard to handle until the top and bottom tanks run dry. Still as the first big LLL project in this save this one holds a special spot in my heart. It is currently in geosync orbit right above KSC and unlike the other ships described here is commaned by one of the big three - Bob Kerman.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Seeker II

Next ship in line. Double winches and long range dishes make the Seeker II a much more competent vessel. Also it atuaclly flies well despite the still present high degree of asymetry needed for its rather spacious top deck. Seeker II is currently flying in Kerbin geosynic orbit on the oppsite side of Kerbin compared to Seeker I. Comms between the two is provided by a network of boring, mostly stock short range comms sattelites.

Seeker III

Top of the line model, finally using the beautiful LLL nuclear engines and inspired by Homeworld ships. The first Seeker to actually fly without any problems, the Seeker III is the pride and joy of my Space program. Currently in orbit around the moon where it supports commuincation for the next two projects, Mun Crawler and Mun Base, along with long range comms for probes to Jool and its many moons.

Crawler I

Actual designation of this vessel is Mun Crawler. It is the first step in fully exploring and colonizing the Mun. The Crawler is a multipurpose carft and the ground version of Seekers and while it lacks any long range dishes it is equipped with more science equipment. While it is primarly desinged for tracked movement on the surface it actually makes a very good space ship as well, handles very well. This comes in very handy for "jumping" in and out of Mun craters. Currently observing the strange Mun Arch.

Mun Base

Our first permanent and mostly immobile(with 6 2x1 Nuclear engines it is actually a fully capable spachip) Mun habitat. Getting this thing out of Kerbin atmo while using FAR was a huge a pain. The thing started flailing like mad once it broke Mach 1 but the 6 brave rookies which compose the first crew complement made it to thier destination - the Mun crater just below the Arch.

That is all. Thanks for watching but now i must dash and get back to my LLL orbital facility. :)

Edited by Vrana

Thanks, jhonsonwax. These small things on the decks do end up taking the biggest portion of time needed to build these.

Destroyer, which one?

The big dish on Seeker II is the largest of RT dishes, GX128 i belive is its name. The dishes on Seeker III are Comtech-1 form RT, i belive these are originally Aies dishes. The big radar dish on Mun Base is the bigger roatating dish from LLL.

Edited by Vrana

Due to it's model, couple of it will dramatically decrease your fps, as well the big rotating one (MacroDishSr).

That is why I'm using antennas from LLL and AIES, and stock ones.

But, as I understand, I can't combine deploying animation (like exp5) with RemoteTech without new dll?

Question:

Lack - you made that new CBM that doesn't create as much lag. But I discovered that for some aesthetic uses, I wanted to use the old CBM - the one without the back-end molding. But I don't want to use the laggy CBM.

If I -

a) Replace the model.mu in the New CBM folder with the one from the old CBM

B) then get rid of the old laggy CBM part and rename the new version of the CBM as the old one

c) Copy the New CBM over untouched

I would think that would give me both a "skinny" and "molded" CBM and neither one would have the laggy parts, right?

Or is it something in the .CFG file Or the Model000 I need to modify?

Edited by Logan.Darklighter

Seeker III

Top of the line model, finally using the beautiful LLL nuclear engines and inspired by Homeworld ships. The first Seeker to actually fly without any problems, the Seeker III is the pride and joy of my Space program. Currently in orbit around the moon where it supports commuincation for the next two projects, Mun Crawler and Mun Base, along with long range comms for probes to Jool and its many moons.

.Craft file Please. That is AMAZING.

As requested... The .craft files for the Seekers, Crawler and the Mun base complete with launch stages

Tbh i never expected people to request these ships. They still need work. I would definetly recommend you at least remove the B9 ladders from them. These ladders turned out to be quite a dissapointment. Try moving a kerbal from one B9 ladder to another and see why.

Now the ugly part... To make these work you will need some or, depending on specific ship, likely all of these mods:

Aviation Lights

B9

RBI tracks (.22 version, someone did update it, cant remeber who atm, sorry)

KER

KAS

Procedural Fairings

KW

LLL

MagicSmoke IR

Tal Spherical Torodial Pack

Tal Radial Experiment Storage

NovaPuch2

RemoteTech2

To make the ships actually fly you might also need:

DeadlyReentry

FAR

KerbalJointReinforcment

I doubt these affect the craft in any way but just in case:

Firespitter

Chatterer

ScienceLog

RCSBuildAid

PerciseNode

PartCatalog

You definetly should use FAR if you use my launch stages. All of the ships are highly unstable in atmo under FAR so delay your gravity turn until at least 20km and even then take it slow. Dont panic if the ships start flailing, just turn on SAS, throttle up and do not touch the commands until you are farily high up and atmo becomes less dense. I dont exactaly recall but some ships might require delaying not only the gravity turn but also any staging which drops tanks.

If you are still having trouble with the ships just PM me, lets not derail the thread into a discussion about pushing asymetrical ships designed with 0 aerodynamic consideration out of atmo under FAR.

Edited by Vrana

Working on anything cool Lack?

I've been messing around with a few things (except wheels, had a go at those and they can go away and do unpleasant things to themselves. I like the stock 'ruggedised' ones anyway).

Here's some screenshots.

1FW4H2x.png

kguYMEJ.png

KrH6rWZ.png

RMEfMTN.png

ITMsYNt.png

With the rover, mainly needs the textures finishing now, that and the eternal 'hatch is obstructed'. With the green-house, I'm having difficulty with getting the solarpanel part working, so it just looks pretty at the moment and won't be of any use for Ioncross,etc. Don't know when I'll get those finished up properly though, a good friend passed away a few days ago, so I've been spent a bit too much time messing around with KSP and let some of my actual work pile up, which will need doing. There's also a few things that I've been messing around with via the MODEL{} .cfg system, like those spherical tanks , they'll go in LLL-extra. Had a better look at the generator module too, it's more in-depth than I'd previously thought, so the windmill will now only work in an atmosphere and I can make things like an engine for that rover (can drive about 320km on a full tank).

@KhaosCorp, I made that ship before I changed the orientation of structural panel model (to fix issues with symmetry), but never got round to re-making the ferry. They should be there to support the RCS.

@Logan, I'll see if I can a skinny and non-skinny versions sorted out at some point.

Edited by Lack

Indeed, afaik there is only one other greenhouse mod out there, 2.5m and made by zzz if i remeber correctly. It is a nice greenhouse but ive always had trouble making it look "natural" with other components.

Cant wait to get one which goes with LLL components.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.