LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

The part you attach the door or airlock to has to be crewable and the door/airlock has to be activated with right click menu.

I attached it right onto the command module and enabled it, but it still said the same thing.

Also aren't the generators a bit overpowered? Generating power without any fuel of any type.

Edited by SergeantBlueforce

(Board still isn't letting me properly edit. GRRR...)

Just confirmed my earlier suspicion about the 2x1 Engine Fairing. It actually is breaking fuel crossfeed going both ways. Built the pod back to front and as I surmised, it broke the fuel feed on both pod engines.

I was playing around with that one the other day and didn't change it back. Just change 'fuelCrossFeed = False' to 'fuelCrossFeed = True' in the cfg.

@SgtBlufor,

It would help if you posted an image of the craft in question, and have you read Kreuzung's documentation for it, Vanguard is his mod after all, I merely added a few cfg variables to my parts to make use of a few parts of it. Anyway, for command modules you have to use its actual hatch, rather than one of the radially attached ones.

As for the generators, they weigh slightly more per unit energy than RTGs (cost of convenience) and when I made them I wasn't sure if you could have the generator module require fuel (rather than keeping running even once the fuel is used). Turns out you can, there's a test version of a generator with this set up (called 'FUEL Generator') to see how people liked the idea. The generators for the buggies also have that set up.

@SgtBlufor,

It would help if you posted an image of the craft in question, and have you read Kreuzung's documentation for it, Vanguard is his mod after all, I merely added a few cfg variables to my parts to make use of a few parts of it. Anyway, for command modules you have to use its actual hatch, rather than one of the radially attached ones.

A few screenshots of a craft I threw together to demonstrate my problem:

1E849AF20A3AEA62DD47A4AAFA4357F919CCAA2E

745B812A269799323C18641078253ECC3F44BC93

3FBEC8EA643FA5098D758F420D1BD2D70DC04B0F

A few screenshots of a craft I threw together to demonstrate my problem:....

That is a stock crew can. It will not work with the LLL airlock without a config edit to add support for the Vanguard plugin.

The below code will need to be added to the crew capable parts .cfg that you would like to use the LLL airlock / door parts with:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleKrCrewCompartment
}

Edited by Gristle

That is a stock crew can. It will not work with the LLL airlock without a config edit to add support for the Vanguard plugin.

The below code will need to be added to the crew capable parts .cfg that you would like to use the LLL airlock / door parts with:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleKrCrewCompartment
}

Where do I find that file?

EDIT:

It also doesn't work with LLL parts either...

Edited by SergeantBlueforce

Where do I find that file?

EDIT:

It also doesn't work with LLL parts either...

Hmm, odd. Do you have a screenshot of it with some LLL parts. Might be easier if you just uninstalled Vanguard and stuck to shifting crew around with CrewManifest (If you do it that way, you will need to uninstall Vanguard, as it nullifies the crew capacity of the hatch).

As for RT2, providing you've got the LLL-10.7 install, there's a copy of the RT2 config in the 'LLL-extra' folder already. Module manager seems to have difficulty reading it straight from there, so just drop it into the RT2 folder and it should work.

Oh, Lack, the greenhouse and 2x1 crew bay both cause a camera dislocation glitch.

Not quite sure what you mean there. There shouldn't be any problems with it, it's just a part (although the greenhouse does have some of the solar panel workings, although I couldn't get it to work).

@ickli, I haven't had any problems with the tracks in .22, you've got both RBI and TracksDll folders, right?

Edited by Lack

Not quite sure what you mean there. There shouldn't be any problems with it, it's just a part (although the greenhouse does have some of the solar panel workings, although I couldn't get it to work).

When the rocket launches, or the plane is flying, when the craft reaches 200 m/s or passes the 2km marker from the spaceport, the camera will start veering off course.

Every plane I built with these parts spiraled out of control, and every rocket had the camera lag behind so much that the vehicle went out-of-focus.

I think is is because I PUT THINGS into the modules, such as chairs, and I am about to test it.

EDIT: Yup. Anything placed into the modules creates this camera-lag and, and subsequent loss of control.

Hmm, odd. Do you have a screenshot of it with some LLL parts. Might be easier if you just uninstalled Vanguard and stuck to shifting crew around with CrewManifest (If you do it that way, you will need to uninstall Vanguard, as it nullifies the crew capacity of the hatch).

The reason I'm eager to use the Vanguard plugin is because I'll then to make use of your 3d corridors to move Kerbals around my space station or base.

Hey Lack, I found time to try out your really fancy The-Last-Days-On-Mars-alike cockpits between exams, and I'm having a couple problems with them. Whenever I deploy to the pad they're totally uncontrollable (yes, I stuck a probe core on them), glide mysteriously over the runway without the (stock) wheels spinning, the 'revert flight' bar becomes faded out so I can't revert and parts of the UI disappear. Upon checking the debug log, I see an infinite chain of NullReferenceException. And yep, I'm using the most up-to-date version of Vanguard. Any ideas?

S6MPtUl.png

Just same as with the stock parts

C428B86780F2C7C7D9EEFE8178DCEE60C1E247B5

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.