LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

So I came back to KSP after i got done with finals recently & I have to ask are the 4x2 parts still part of the pack?

They're disabled by default, if you look at the FAQ in the release thread there's instructions for re-enabling them.

I generally cut down on all the clutter/rescales in favour of things like tweakscale support. It was such a mess beforehand that it really got on my nerves; I'm a lot happier with it now.

Edit: Copied it here because, why not.

I can't find the parts I had in the last version, what happened to the 4x2 parts?

I've been pretty harsh in clearing out the 'clutter' parts in the mod. I've also set up the mod to support tweakscale and firespitter to make the parts a bit more flexable.

If you're not using tweakscale, most of the larger parts can be re-enabled by deleting 'GameData/LLL/LLL_PartDisableLargerSizes.cfg'

Other parts are found in 'GameData/LLL/LLL_PartDisabler.cfg'

You can either delete those files, or open them up and remove bit relating to the part you want. I've tried to keep it documented, so it's split into sections like '// ----- Additional Cockpits -----'

Edited by Lack

Just to let you know, don't know if someone has already said but the 2x1 Liquid Salt reactor has the description for the 2x1 solar panel.

Thanks, side effect of copying and pasting .cfgs. Tbh, there's a lot of missing names, descriptions, repeats. Just not a particularly exciting thing to go through and add in.

• 3 weeks later...

In the part GameData\LLL-Extra\Parts\FuelTank\CellularFuelTank\part.cfg in the "resourceAmounts" is a missing number for "Oxidizer"

Wrong:

MODULE
{
    name = FSfuelSwitch
	resourceNames = LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer;XenonGas;MonoPropellant;Kethane
	resourceAmounts = 120,146.66;246.66;2206.5;4573.8;198;600
	basePartMass = 0.25
	displayCurrentTankCost = true
	hasGUI = true
	availableInFlight = false
	availableInEditor = true
	showInfo = false
}

Correction:

MODULE
{
    name = FSfuelSwitch
	resourceNames = LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer;XenonGas;MonoPropellant;Kethane
	resourceAmounts = 120,146.66;246.66;246.66;2206.5;4573.8;198;600
	basePartMass = 0.25
	displayCurrentTankCost = true
	hasGUI = true
	availableInFlight = false
	availableInEditor = true
	showInfo = false
}

In SXT.version is an error, but I don't know where:

KSP-AVC -> Version file contains errors: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79542

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

KSP-AVC -> C:\Kerbal Space Program 90 x86\GameData\SXT\SXT.version
	NAME: SXT: Stock Extension
	URL: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79542
	GITHUB: NULL
	VERSION: 18.0.12
	KSP_VERSION: 0.25
	KSP_VERSION_MIN: 0.22
	KSP_VERSION_MAX: 0.25.2
	CompatibleKspVersion: False
	CompatibleKspVersionMin: True
	CompatibleKspVersionMax: False
	CompatibleGitHubVersion: True

And another error here:

Load(Model): LLL/Parts/Utility/Grill/modelx

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

File error:
Failed to read past end of stream.
  at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer (Int32 numBytes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at A.	.ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at A.	. (.UrlFile ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Model load error in 'C:\Kerbal Space Program 90 x86\GameData\LLL\Parts\Utility\Grill\modelx.mu'

Sorry I don't know if this is where I ask questions (this is literally my first post). I was wondering if you could help out, one of the prop engines in the SXT Stock Extension mod has no sound at all when running is this a known bug, is there a fix? I'm not very good with this sort of thing any help would be great thanks.

P.S great mod mate love it =)

Sorry I don't know if this is where I ask questions (this is literally my first post). I was wondering if you could help out, one of the prop engines in the SXT Stock Extension mod has no sound at all when running is this a known bug, is there a fix? I'm not very good with this sort of thing any help would be great thanks.

P.S great mod mate love it =)

Thanks. Ah, the engine sounds are from Firespitter and I forgot to bundle them with the .dll (I'll have to check if the licence allows that, think it does though). You'll want to grab a copy of Firespitter and get the engine sounds from there.

Firespitter: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24551-Firespitter-propeller-plane-and-helicopter-parts-v6-3-5-%28Sep-1st%29-for-KSP-0-24-2

And then just copy the '/Firespitter/Sounds' folder from that into the Firespitter folder in your GameData directory. That should work then.

@Kolago,

Thanks. The fix for the cell-fuel tank will be included when I next update LLL. Don't really need the .version file now, most people seem to be using this CKAN lark so I can probably get rid of it. Not sure what the issue with the 'grill' is, or even what the 'modelx' is from and nothing seems to be referencing it. Which is probably why it not loading isn't effecting anything else, looks like it can be safely deleted (probably from when I was trying to get the rovers to load their grill bits via MODEL{}).

Not sure what the issue with the 'grill' is, or even what the 'modelx' is from and nothing seems to be referencing it. Which is probably why it not loading isn't effecting anything else, looks like it can be safely deleted (probably from when I was trying to get the rovers to load their grill bits via MODEL{}).

I've been a long-time user of LLL (a year at least before I even made my first forum post) and I've received that error about modelx.mu for as long as I can remember. I also know I've been able to fix it by simply removing a file somewhere. I'm about to reinstall this stuff again, so I'll probabably have to recall the workaround in a few minutes.

I love this mod, I've been making massive ships with it for some time. A few things I've noticed not sure if its just me but the size of your life support for TAC suggests it should have a large amount of supplies that and the values are a bit wonky. Ie not all same amount of days life support. I modified the cfg for it to give it x2 the large TAC supplies and since its still very large I added the Carbon Filter and waste water filter to it. Seems to work miracles on really long voyages (ie my Eeloo mission still ongoing Day 942). A good tradeoff since its just a bit bigger in mass of the TAC parts combined. If you could add a science lab to the LLL stuff in the 2x1 form or such I could finally feel complete too. Other then those two things your mod is the basis for nearly 80% of my ships, cuz round rockets aren't Obtuse enough for me.

Love this mod, modelled my mun base using it, planning on making a space station using it too!

I have a question though, when I downloaded the mod some cannons were included in it, are they just for show or can I actually make them work and how?

Love this mod, modelled my mun base using it, planning on making a space station using it too!

I have a question though, when I downloaded the mod some cannons were included in it, are they just for show or can I actually make them work and how?

You'll need BDarmoury for those to work, I was going to include a disabler patch so they'd only load if you had that installed, but never got round to it.

@ garithmar,

If you send over the configs for the TAC parts I'll happily include them. I don't really use it myself, so the numbers for the parts aren't perfect.

The basic LLL pack doesn't have a FAR config.

It needs one.

And what would it handle? FAR configs only really cover things like wings and control surfaces.

I've done some optimisation, things like removing additional nodes from cargo-bays and the likes. But there's not much I can do about flying bricks flying, well, like bricks.

Yeah, but I don't think that's something I can address through a config. At least as not as far as I'm aware and I've asked Ferram about it in the past as well. Another longer nose-cone rather than the current blunt-end cap, perhaps?

That, and the fact that your platapuss-cockpit, as well as other shapes, should allow for some body-wide lifting surfaces.

That, and the fact that your platapuss-cockpit, as well as other shapes, should allow for some body-wide lifting surfaces.

FAR handles lifting surfaces on it's own, but I can certainly add the stock module to the parts.

Hey lack, I assume you watched "Moon". My girlfriend just sat me down to watch it tonight and I couldn't stop thinking that Gurty 3000 was Berty. I figured you made yours modeled after him. Now all I need is that rover.

Yep, LLL is actually a direct result of watching Moon. I saw it, thought 'that'd be cool in KSP', sat down and decided to learn how to model/mod. Little under a week later I'd released the first version, and Berty was one of about almost 3 dozen parts I'd made in the first month [i'm looking back at all of the first things now, coming up on the 2 year mark now].

The Hog was the result of trying to make that rover (and the first part I did most in Blender), but I've got a little better at modelling since then.

Yep, LLL is actually a direct result of watching Moon. I saw it, thought 'that'd be cool in KSP', sat down and decided to learn how to model/mod. Little under a week later I'd released the first version, and Berty was one of about almost 3 dozen parts I'd made in the first month [i'm looking back at all of the first things now, coming up on the 2 year mark now].

The Hog was the result of trying to make that rover (and the first part I did most in Blender), but I've got a little better at modelling since then.

That's rather cool. Now I need to see how close I can make the rover with you parts. And then build up a mun base with harvesters. :P

HEy for the SXT mod, i just started a new game and your first, ball like, drone-pod doesnt recognize the altitude. So you cant do the altitude record missions with it. You may want to check on that, otherwise great mod love the low memoryimpact and the many extensions!!! Great job.

HEy for the SXT mod, i just started a new game and your first, ball like, drone-pod doesnt recognize the altitude. So you cant do the altitude record missions with it. You may want to check on that, otherwise great mod love the low memoryimpact and the many extensions!!! Great job.

Glad you like the mod. Sadly that's a decision Squad made on their end, only manned pods can trigger the altitude records (shame they don't make that clearer in the contracts actually, 'Manned flight achieving altitude x' would be nicer). I still think it's good to have the Don'tstayput-nik (my love of terrible puns at work there, Squad calling their one the 'Stayputnik' is one of my favourite parts of the game) pod early on in the game, next SXT will be introducing some more 0.625m parts to encourage the use of ships on the smaller side as well.

Hey Lack - I've come up with something I'm going to donate to the LLL parts group. I hope you like it.

I've been using Kethane for ages now. But recently it's come to my attention that Squad is at long last going to be putting a resource engine into the stock game, and apparently it's going to be very much like Karbonite instead of Kethane.

Between that info and the fact that Kethane STILL hasn't been updated for .90, I decided to do something about creating an equivalent set of parts for the LLL Mod. I figured I'd be needing to get used to Karbonite, but the existing Karbonite parts are not the right size for my needs.

In particular I can't make EAGLE pods with them very easily. It's possible - but the end result looks clumsy next to the old sleek LLL Kethane pods I was able to put together.

So - I took a careful look at how the LLL Kethane Parts worked in terms of the models and the .CFG file structure. Then I did some mixing and matching with the modules of the USI Karbonite parts, replacing the Kethane modules in the LLL CFGs with their Karbonite counterparts and doing palette color swaps on the LLL models. Then testing, re-testing, and making sure everything worked right.

And now I have a set of LLL Karbonite fuel tanks and a 2x1 Karbonite converter that produces every type of fuel output that the LLL 2x1 Kethane Converter did.

The only remaining problem is cosmetic only. As I said above, I did a palette swap on the fuel tanks to make the stripes on them a reddish-rust color instead of green to differentiate them from the Kethane tanks. And that worked out just fine.

But on the Karbonite and Kethane converters, it seems to have removed ALL color from both parts and I don't know why. It doesn't affect the functionality of them. But I'm not sure what is conflicting - the old Kethane model still looks green when I pull up the model out of game, and the Karbonite model looks properly rust colored, but in-game, they both lack any color stripes. Weird.

In any case - all the parts in these files have been renamed and DO NOT CONFLICT in functionality with the existing Kethane parts!

You can run both in the same game save with no problem. The LLL Karbonite parts show up right next to their LLL Kethane counterparts in the parts listing in the VAB/SPH.

One caveat - these work perfectly with KSP .25, but I have NOT tested these in KSP .90.

But considering that most of the tweaks are in the .cfg files and simply create new parts similar to the existing LLL Kethane parts, I'm fairly sure they'll work just fine. In any case, as a proof of concept, they should be useful in finalizing LLL Parts that are compatible with Karbonite (or the future resource system in the stock game).

Included in the link below is also a re-scaled USI radial mount drill that more closely matches the size of the Kethane side-mounted small drill. It's not part of what I'm offering as the LLL Karbonite parts. So don't add it as part of any future LLL mod. But any player who wants to mess with it is free to do so.

For any player who wants to test these, just do the usual installation method of merging the GameData folder to your KSP game.

Logan's LLL Karbonite Parts mod add-on

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Logan.Darklighter
Make the link more obvious

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.