LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

*snip*

Ah, excellent, thanks. Although the 2x1 and 1x1 tanks should already be set up to allow Karbonite (providing Firespitter is installed, so tank switching is enabled. I think the individual tanks for each resource should only show up with the legacy parts if that's missing (there should just be the 2 2x1 tanks, normal and 1/3 length.Then right-click to change fuel types). Unless that's bugged, and I haven't released the patched version...

Still useful to have the configs for anyone not running firespitter, or running an older version (especially if I get round to putting this up on Kerbalstuff, I gather CKAN has issues with getting the most up to date firespitter config if there's an old copy installed).

e.g.

i0Wyat9.png

The converter configs are definitely useful though, thanks. Also, I love the stuff you do with the Eagle. Actually, is that working in .90? I haven't used since that came out. Might go try it now.

Edit:

Heh, says I have to spread round some more rep giving some to you again.

Edited by Lack

Ahhh I see - I have started to install mods in my .90 game, but I haven't actually fired it up yet - was waiting for some mods to be updated. So I didn't know you'd gone the B9 route of right-clicking to change parts. That's good to know.

The basic parts for the Eagle STILL WORK in sandbox mode in .90 surprisingly enough. I got some reports that my craft files wouldn't all work from the download link in my sginature below - but I finally figured out what the problem was - I had some NAN corruption going on. I've redone all my basic craft files but I haven't yet updated them to my Mediafire link.

But if you want to try out the old Eagle - just download from the link in my sig and build up just using the basic parts - they still work and you can make stuff with them.

Another poster on the old Wayland thread has come up with a slight rescale of the Eagle that might work better in some ways. I've yet to test it, but he claims it's much better balanced now and the slight rescale will allow making of LLL pods without putting in the modded engine fairing.

One last thing - I did another mod where I took the 2x1 Life Support box and added it's TAC config to the Eagle Pod you created. Works GREAT and gives the Eagle some very good range in terms of life support using TAC.

[...]

One caveat - these work perfectly with KSP .25, but I have NOT tested these in KSP .90.

[...]

I can tell you just from looking at the configs that the Karbonite bits probably won't work too well on 0.90 -- RoverDude made a new resource framework called "Regolith" which does all of the heavy lifting for all of the USI mods' resource detection, extraction, and conversion, so none of the USI_Converter modules will be recognized in an up-to-date install. (I'll definitely grab this part pack for my 0.25 install, though.)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi! This is a great mod! I'm super excited to build cool buggies and was just wondering if any progress has been made on the crew hatch issue?

Thanks!

I don't think I ever went back to that (assuming you're talking about the hatches on the buggies), just removed the crew capacity and called it a day.

@Logan,

Thanks, got that installed now. Adding TAC support to the eaglepod, that's not a bad idea at all. I don't suppose you could send me the values?

@Logan,

Thanks, got that installed now. Adding TAC support to the eaglepod, that's not a bad idea at all. I don't suppose you could send me the values?

Heh. You already have the values, Lack. :)

All I did was do a copy/paste of the TAC Module in the CFG for your 2x1 Life support box - the one with the blue trim that appears under the science tab. Just inserted it into the CFG file and done.

Mind you - that was for the .25 version. If you've changed/altered the parts or removed the 2x1 Life support box from the mod for .90, then maybe you don't have it effectively.

But here's the values from the .CFG that I'm currently using in my .25 version.

RESOURCE

{

name = Food

amount = 2560

maxAmount = 2560

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Water

amount = 2560

maxAmount = 2560

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Oxygen

amount = 2560

maxAmount = 2560

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Waste

amount = 2560

maxAmount = 2560

}

RESOURCE

{

name = WasteWater

amount = 2560

maxAmount = 2560

}

RESOURCE

{

name = CarbonDioxide

amount = 2560

maxAmount = 2560

}

MODULE

{

name = LifeSupportModule

}

Mind you - I'm thinking of adding a couple of zeros to the oxygen level number. Because if you take a look at a standard TAC Large Life support cannister ---

RESOURCE

{

name = Food

amount = 1038.3

maxAmount = 1038.3

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Water

amount = 686.3

maxAmount = 686.3

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Oxygen

amount = 105113.2

maxAmount = 105113.2

}

MODULE

{

name = LifeSupportModule

}

... See what I mean? The Oxygen levels for a given length of life support are at least a factor of 10 higher than the other consumables in terms of the raw numbers the system uses. Maybe higher than that.

I'm going to be playing around with the numbers tonight and seeing what making those changes I suggested does. The idea is to find a value that closely matches the duration of the other consumables.

All I did was do a copy/paste of the TAC Module in the CFG for your 2x1 Life support box - the one with the blue trim that appears under the science tab. Just inserted it into the CFG file and done.

Mind you - that was for the .25 version. If you've changed/altered the parts or removed the 2x1 Life support box from the mod for .90, then maybe you don't have it effectively.

*snip*

... See what I mean? The Oxygen levels for a given length of life support are at least a factor of 10 higher than the other consumables in terms of the raw numbers the system uses. Maybe higher than that.

I'm going to be playing around with the numbers tonight and seeing what making those changes I suggested does. The idea is to find a value that closely matches the duration of the other consumables.

Heh, serves me right for trying to read things far too early on a Saturday morning.

Thanks, I don't think I've touched those bits since .25; haven't really used TAC myself recently, hence my values tend to be a bit off.

Bug/annoyance: The Duna habitat module is actually 5.25m in diameter, even ignoring the handrails. Please adjust to 5.000 m, ignoring handrails, for compatibility with other modpaks.

Erm, it is 5.0m, at least on my end. Or at least seems to be, I'll double check the figures in Unity/Blender. But that'd mean my other 5m parts are wrong, and I'd have to re-do about half the pack.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Edit: Hmm, you might be right... Seem to be about 5.125

Edit 2: This might be from the fact that the 2.5m parts in Squad's NASAmission are not 2.5m, but about 2.6m. So my 5m parts are double the size of the NASAmission parts they're based on.

Obviously, the easy fix for you is to simply change the scaling in the config (Line 18: 'scale = 0.93, 0.93, 0.93' in SXT/Parts/Hull/ServiceMod1/DLK-S3EHabitat.cfg) to 0.8857 or something. But I might have to re-work all of the models. ****.

Edited by Lack

If you change scale *inside* the model node, you need to multiply the scale *outside* the model node by newScale / oldScale.

Leave rescaleFactor alone though.

If you just change scale inside the MODEL node, your mesh will change size but your nodes will stay in their old positions.

If you change scale *inside* the model node, you need to multiply the scale *outside* the model node by newScale / oldScale.

Leave rescaleFactor alone though.

If you just change scale inside the MODEL node, your mesh will change size but your nodes will stay in their old positions.

Ah yes, forgot to mention that, I always just change the stack-node distance by hand rather than messing around with scaling. I find it much easier in the long run.

(You can also just change the width, leaving the height scale unaffected in the MODEL{} node).

I'm not sure it's something I can be terribly bothered to fix at the moment, I'll have a mess around with some other 5m part mods and see if it's too offensive. But I'd really like to just get SXT in a ready state and get back to KSC++.

• 4 weeks later...

RESOURCE

{

name = Food

amount = 2560

maxAmount = 2560

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Water

amount = 2560

maxAmount = 2560

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Oxygen

amount = 2560

maxAmount = 2560

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Waste

amount = 2560

maxAmount = 2560

}

RESOURCE

{

name = WasteWater

amount = 2560

maxAmount = 2560

}

RESOURCE

{

name = CarbonDioxide

amount = 2560

maxAmount = 2560

}

MODULE

{

name = LifeSupportModule

}

Mind you - I'm thinking of adding a couple of zeros to the oxygen level number. Because if you take a look at a standard TAC Large Life support cannister ---

RESOURCE

{

name = Food

amount = 1038.3

maxAmount = 1038.3

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Water

amount = 686.3

maxAmount = 686.3

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Oxygen

amount = 105113.2

maxAmount = 105113.2

}

MODULE

{

name = LifeSupportModule

}

First off HEY LACK, long time no talk,

Actually the problem with the numbers is actually that the consumption of the different resources was changed so that the consumption/weight/volume was more inline with reality. I had talked with TaranisElsu and he told me he was rolling out new properties

Have you seen https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FE&usp=sharing ? That is where all of my math lives for TACLS. It is a bit of a mess right now (ignore red/pay attention to green) because I am moving everything over to "1 unit = 1 liter" for better compatibility with other mods and to clear up the confusion around 1 day = Earth? Kerbin?

Anyway this was back in like June of last year back when I was working pretty heavily on this project and before the hard drive crash that nuked my whole setup. (Partially Hardware failure, partially a mental misfire) Anyways, the numbers that are being used for the 2x1 Lifesupport module were more inline with the old resource consumption. That said the 2x1 if I recall holds 1471 Liters, and if he has infact altered density and consumption to 1L = 1 Kerbin Day then the numbers should be worked from there. I am making a few assumptions that I have not fully looked into but if a 2x1 life support unit is holding 2560L of food, and his consumption have been altered that would be some 10 years (based on a 256d year.... I am not sure what the kerbin year is i have not checked) of food being held in that 2x1 container along with the other stuff, and that is an awful lot IMHO.

First off HEY LACK, long time no talk,

Actually the problem with the numbers is actually that the consumption of the different resources was changed so that the consumption/weight/volume was more inline with reality. I had talked with TaranisElsu and he told me he was rolling out new properties

Anyway this was back in like June of last year back when I was working pretty heavily on this project and before the hard drive crash that nuked my whole setup. (Partially Hardware failure, partially a mental misfire) Anyways, the numbers that are being used for the 2x1 Lifesupport module were more inline with the old resource consumption. That said the 2x1 if I recall holds 1471 Liters, and if he has infact altered density and consumption to 1L = 1 Kerbin Day then the numbers should be worked from there. I am making a few assumptions that I have not fully looked into but if a 2x1 life support unit is holding 2560L of food, and his consumption have been altered that would be some 10 years (based on a 256d year.... I am not sure what the kerbin year is i have not checked) of food being held in that 2x1 container along with the other stuff, and that is an awful lot IMHO.

Hey, yeah too long, how are you?. I finished those audiobooks as well, I really enjoyed ToE.

I'll have to get github set up soon, it'll make keeping these sort of things up to date for LLL and SXT a lot easier, especially now works starting to get really busy again.

They are really good stuff, there is sixth book, and it was REALLY great. I looked at my audiobook collection the other day and realized I am pushing 200 titles almost. I was shocked. Yeah having github helps to push and pull different stuff to combine them into a single entity. I had to pickup a bunch of the stuff I did and kept that I either didn't give to you or was different from what you had done (like extra colors and such) I was so pissed, what happened was I had a hard drive drop off my raid array and went to rebuild it and while that was going on it dropped again (total failure) and I wasn't paying full attention as my son was bugging me and I told it to pull in the data drive instead of realizing that the drive was offline and POOOF all of everything was gone. So I lost everything I had not backed up elsewhere which wasn't a TON of stuff but enough to be frustrating.

Hey Lack, can you make (when you have enough time and you feel it) a rotodome? I'm trying to make a replica of an E-3 Sentry but with current plates, it is just not the same. Also, if it will be rotating, like your radar antennas, it will be marvelous!

Uhmm, I've weird bug. I guess it has a simple solution, but haven't managed to find it out. Have anyone had a problem with scalling? I can change size only from 1 to 0.5 and... 16 what makes it useless for me. I tried to find it in threads, but google didn't help. I'll put more details if it's something unusual.

Edit: It happens also on fresh LLL and Tweakscale install without any other mods.

Edited by Drangir

Uhmm, I've weird bug. I guess it has a simple solution, but haven't managed to find it out. Have anyone had a problem with scalling? I can change size only from 1 to 0.5 and... 16 what makes it useless for me. I tried to find it in threads, but google didn't help. I'll put more details if it's something unusual.

Edit: It happens also on fresh LLL and Tweakscale install without any other mods.

This problem is a symptom of some changes made to the last TweakScale update. All you need to do is remove all 'minScale = x' and 'maxScale = y' parameters from the LLL ModuleManager TweakScale .cfg file. The reason I know this is that I was having the same problem, and this fixed it. :) I got this solution from reading both this thread and the TweakScale one, by the way, it's not like I'm some super-genius and thought this up all by myself, lol.

Anyway, this should help. :D

For future renditions of LLL - on page 220 of this thread, MrWizerd gave a link to some extra parts, some of which are included in the LLL download, some not - the ones that aren't are pretty useful though, like the 3-stack of 2x1 tanks and the various adapters (4x1 to 3x1 and such). Would be great to re-include a couple of those!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.