LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

If you don't have my plugin, they just act like any other part with crew capacity. Kerbals won't actually be inside the hull but in that tiny hatch thing instead... Just avoid PETK finding out.

If you have my plugin, kerbals who enter a hatch will be inside the hull instead (Check the crew capacity of your hull pieces in the editor and hope that that stupid Lack guy didn't forget a part module). To start an EVA, either right-click a hatch and choose "Start EVA" (this will take a Kerbal from the first crew compartment found on the vessel), or right-click a hatch, choose "Activate hatch" (should really be something like "Set as active hatch" or so), then right-click a crew compartment and choose "Start EVA" from it's context menu.

Eeeh, I hope this wasn't too confusing...

This does only work with parts using special part modules BTW, but if you want to use other parts with this system, check out existing part configs or read the documentation I have in my thread (see that EVA parachutes link in my sig).

Add "ModuleKrCrewCompartment" to make a part a crew compartment (this does work with every part that has crew capacity).

Making hatches is a bit more complicated, since the hatch module (ModuleKrHatch) does overwrite the crew capacity of the part, so it works best with special parts. It whould probably be best to add Kerbpaint support to the hatches, it doesn't look that hard.

"... the hatch module (ModuleKrHatch) does overwrite the crew capacity of the part..."

Ah, so THAT'S been what's causing the problem!

Sorry to butt in, I have no intention of hijacking this thread, but I'd like to put in my 2 cents: I don't WANT it to override the crew capacity of the part. :) So as I understand it, I can just remove the module and, as an example, the LLL Airlock will go back to actually having 8 (well, 5, I edited my cfg slightly, but whatever) Kerbals in it, so to speak, right? I couldn't figure out why it showed the full crew capacity in the VAB/SPH with MechJeb's 'vessel info' screen, but when I went to flight it only held 1.

Oy! Anyway, thanks, carry on. :)

Happy New Year, too :D

Then just remove that part module :P

I noticed the problem with the crew capacity showing up in the editor, but my first attempt at fixing it didn't work so I didn't look into it because I wanted to bring the new version out.

not so bad, but there is tooooooooooooooo many part i even don't know i to use it :D you need to cut some to make it clearer in the VAB/SPH ! i've try it on a clean instal of KSP cause i got too many mod to make LLL work with them, and ... the part menu was still same size ! with one mod !!!

i hope u can make this mod better :) it will be fun at the end, like B9/KW it will be a fondamental mod i think !

I have no problem with all the parts i have almost all major part packs out there like B9, KW, nova, fasa, etc... As long as you get the boulder memory reduction mod you will be fine, my game runs around 2.5gb at after start up and with 6-7 ships in space.

not so bad, but there is tooooooooooooooo many part i even don't know i to use it :D you need to cut some to make it clearer in the VAB/SPH ! i've try it on a clean instal of KSP cause i got too many mod to make LLL work with them, and ... the part menu was still same size ! with one mod !!!

i hope u can make this mod better :) it will be fun at the end, like B9/KW it will be a fondamental mod i think !

Try LLL-Lite instead.

Also, I'll be busy till at least the end of the month so there won't be any updates or similar till then.

Lack, lemme just say I love your style; and I can definitely tell you took a little inspiration from a certain culture that found a hyperdrive core buried in their desert and promptly built a massive mothership to carry them across the stars to the planet they initially came from, amirite? Yeah? Yeah? Love me some Hiigarans, I surely do. One question, though; would it be possible to release a pack that included only the base-building components? There's a pretty stark lack of good (planetary) base building mods out there, because there isn't much point, I suppose, but with mods like KSPI, Kethane, and EL giving a purpose to having a planetary base, it'd be nice to set one up that wasn't just a pod with legs.

Sorry, miscommunication! I KNOW you can build non-pod-leg bases with LLL, what I meant was you can't in STOCK KSP. I was suggesting an LLL Base-only mod, for people who think LLL adds too many parts otherwise. That way you could keep the same visual style, without dealing with (or manually removing) a bunch of extra parts. Would also cut down on install size and RAM usage. Then, if later you decide you do want the rest of LLL, you just install the spacecraft parts pack, and presto. You have matching starships and bases.

Well, seems to me you kinda defeated your own point.

Like you said you can manually remove stuff you dont want and it seems to me that this is exactly the kind of work us, the mod users, should be doing. Someone is gonna want just the rovers, someone just the cockpits, someone just the engines....

Let the mod developers focus on new parts, features, ect. rather then maintaining 20 differenet distibutions of thier mod(LLL already has at least 2) and we can customize our own installs however they suit us best.

Hello boys and girls!

First of all, i have to say, that LLL is one of my favourite mods of all times. But just as i moved to .23, i encountered rather annoying bug:

I've built core of my Stalker EXploration Station, sent it to orbit, everything was great. But when i moved to space center, and then back to station, the centrifuge hab suddenly shrunk! And it doesn't get back to previous size even after quickload.

Here are some photos:

pABJIp0.png

Yitrzlv.png

Oh, and those "floating" parts are still connected to the station.

I'm new to KSP & was looking for some structural mods, for the stock is pretty poor.

LLC seems nice to me. However, having some problems understanding some parts.

Downloaded the revent LLL 10.7.3 and cannot understand Drop-Ramp Cargo Hold part at all. There seems no way to attach anything to the lowering part of the ramp.

Can anyone explain me the idea of this part?

Also, is it possible to make cargo modules open/close option available in build hangar? It's not crucial, but not really convenient to do this while standing on a launchpad.

There seems no way to attach anything to the lowering part of the ramp.

Can anyone explain me the idea of this part?

Also, is it possible to make cargo modules open/close option available in build hangar? It's not crucial, but not really convenient to do this while standing on a launchpad.

I believe it's possible with the new tweakables to have the option of open/close from the start.

As for attaching things to ramps. That's not possible with any mod, anywhere. You can't attach things to moving parts. Or if you do, when they move, the attachment points won't move with them. The idea with the part is to attach things inside on the walls away from the sliding section. For example - A rover or small orbital tug. In the example of the tug, you'd achieve orbit, open the bay, then undock the tug and nudge it out with RCS. Or if this is meant to hold a rover, you land the ship, open up the cargo area and release the rover from a docking clamp for use. You can then drive the rover free of the ship.

So LLL is probably my favorite mod of all time, and I was recently able to get my first full LLL ship into orbit. (Most were hybrids between LLL and stock.)

But every time I try to build LLL bases, I can never get them off the pad, let alone to the planets they're headed to. Any advice?

Edited by Mechfan

I'm thinking of getting this mod. I use engine ignitor so I'll have to add some configs to your engines but thats no problem. One question I have is do those antennas and dishes work with RemoteTech?

EDIT: Nvm read the front page closer.

Will you add greenhouse support for ECLSS?

Double EDIT:

I don't care for the capsules to contain oxygen I just want the greenhouse to produce oxygen for ECLSS(if it doesn't already). BTW I have not actually used the greenhouse yet.

Edited by tygoo7

So LLL is probably my favorite mod of all time, and I was recently able to get my first full LLL ship into orbit. (Most were hybrids between LLL and stock.)

But every time I try to build LLL bases, I can never get them off the pad, let alone to the planets they're headed to. Any advice?

Well, what in particular are you trying to launch? I've launched asymmetrical and symmetrical buildings with 0 problems (Thank you Lack for including counter-weights!) using nothing but KW Rocketry.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.