LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

uhm maybe a little help with the H-50 heavy lander landing legs?

i can't seem to get them to deploy :/ or am i missing some critical info saying "these do not work no more just deal with it"

or is there a fix?

H-50 landing legs are B9 Aerospace, unless I'm completely mis-remembering. I think there's been some problems with the compatibility of the last release file and the latest KSP, might have been an old version of Fire-spitter. Either way there should be some info in the last few pages of his thread.

@everyone else,

Problem with the Mk3 and Mk2 is not having the template for them. There was a way to open the .mu for it, I'll have a look into it. There's another mod tackling Mk3, so I'll leave that on a back-burner for now. High power RCS is perfectly do-able though. Could have a go with 'corrector thrusters', being small regular engines that are locked into the RCS code. Probably wouldn't work, but might be interesting.

@Jivaii,

Huh?

@RussianIvan,

For which one? LLL-Full (expect a few weeks before I would consider getting round to doing that) or SXT?

Edited by Lack

The sxt pack is now in my top 5 favourite part packs(the others are kspx, rla stockalike, the kindof stocklike nearfuture pack and b9) im not too into the airliner looking parts but they do look great tho.

I guess if i where to suggest anything else:

* A stocklike set of mining equipment for kethane etc (drills, scanners, animated converters and tanks)

* more 2.5m engines(maybe)

* a stocklike 2.5m station hub, and perhaps 3.75m too

* some stocklike 3.75m engines(kw arent stocklike)

* 3.75m fueltanks to go with the engines

* stocklike 3.75m docking port and decouplers

EDIT:

* bigger rcs multiport

* bigger landinglegs(yes im aware of the really big escapide(?) Telescopic legs but those are a bit silly looking)

I think all of these would be super cool to have. Have a great day

Edited by landeTLS

H-50 landing legs are B9 Aerospace, unless I'm completely mis-remembering. I think there's been some problems with the compatibility of the last release file and the latest KSP, might have been an old version of Fire-spitter. Either way there should be some info in the last few pages of his thread.

@everyone else,

Problem with the Mk3 and Mk2 is not having the template for them. There was a way to open the .mu for it, I'll have a look into it. There's another mod tackling Mk3, so I'll leave that on a back-burner for now. High power RCS is perfectly do-able though. Could have a go with 'corrector thrusters', being small regular engines that are locked into the RCS code. Probably wouldn't work, but might be interesting.

@Jivaii,

Huh?

@RussianIvan,

For which one? LLL-Full (expect a few weeks before I would consider getting round to doing that) or SXT?

yeah if i can find it i'll kiss you! ha! it's like looking for a bloody diamond... in needles!

i meant the H50-a and H50-B alnding legs... i'll post on his thread just to make sure :P

yeah if i can find it i'll kiss you! ha! it's like looking for a bloody diamond... in needles!

i meant the H50-a and H50-B alnding legs... i'll post on his thread just to make sure :P

Here let me help you :)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66020-B9-0-23-fixes

And firespitter is in the new firespitter propeller parts, just delete everything apart from the plugin

Here let me help you :)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66020-B9-0-23-fixes

And firespitter is in the new firespitter propeller parts, just delete everything apart from the plugin

H50 still acting up... i even tried replacing the whole mod and re installing everything... still doesn't work :/ does it work for you?

Problem with the Mk3 and Mk2 is not having the template for them. There was a way to open the .mu for it, I'll have a look into it.

Someone made a Blender plugin which can convert .mu to .blend. Wonderful tool, I've used it to extract the stock docking port model.

Since you work in the same flow I do, I can imagine it would work for you too.

The 2x1 windowed crew bay, (looks like a hydroponic bay without the plants). Is it possible to put crew in it? (I tried in the VAB but computer says no).

Well, you can make any part in the game capable of holding Kerbals, just by adding the following line to the part config file:

CrewCapacity = [Whatever number you want]

But you won't be able to SEE them in there. If you want that, then you would need to construct your ship or base so that there is an LLL Airlock Door or Hatch door facing into the compartment. Then, during flight, use CrewManifest or some similar mod to 'EVA' a Kerbal at that Airlock/Hatch door, into the empty compartment. But they'll have their helmets on like they're outside, and I wouldn't think they'd be very secure for flight without installing some Command Chairs in there for them to sit in.

Hope that info helps. :)

Except it doesn't work, none of the hatches deploy outside either?

(Using crew manifest I can see Kerbals listed, but portraits not updating etc).

Grrr, I just spent 15 minutes looking for a post that's relevant to this, can't find it! Anyway, hey, thanks for the rep, SSSPutnik! :D Now I feel kind of obligated to get you squared away.

I was having problems with not being able to transfer more than 1 Kerbal at a time to the Airlock Door, despite the fact that its crew capacity is actually 8, but then I was unable to actually do the EVA, because it would throw an error message on screen saying something like 'no crew compartment detected'. I figured out, from reading a post on (I THOUGHT it was) this thread, from Kreuzung, that his/her module, I think it's called 'ModuleKRCrewCompartment', overrides the crew capacity of an EVA-capable part. After removing that module from the configs of the Hatch and Airlock Door, the problem went away. So try that. Hopefully you can figure out what I mean.

The only other thing I could think of is that the collider for the part with the clear windows is blocking Kerbals from getting out of the Hatch or Airlock. But you said you were having problems getting Kerbals out of the hatches even outside the ship, so I still think it's the problem I mentioned in the previous paragraph. I'm pretty sure that the Kreuzung 'KR' crew compartment module doesn't work and play well with Crew Manifest. Not that it's a bad bit of code or anything, the two plugins just seem to conflict in this case. Like I said, try removing that module from all parts that you want to actually use to carry crew in, and I think that will solve the problem.

Oh, BTW, you won't get portraits of Kerbals if they're in an Airlock or Hull section, because those parts aren't modeled to have IVA views. Only things like cockpits and some crew tanks will have IVA views built in to them. :)

Okay, hope this random blather helps. :) I need to get to bed right now, but I'll check back in when I get up, hopefully you'll have gotten this working.

Later, friend! :D

Thanks for the tip on the file setting, will check that out tomorrow.

I managed to get crew portraits on the round hull and centrifuges. Needs more experimentation.

Right, yep, you can also add an internal module, which you've already obviously done, lol. Forgot to mention that, good job. :)

Why are you talking about B9 parts here? This is the LLL thread. Lack has nothing to do with those parts.

Yes they are, and for some reason he was asking here, but it's nice to help anyway :)

Also Antimatter you might want to look up fixes (also placing struts on the wheels and using a lot of wheels helps!)

uhh i have a problem with SXT although it is much less with textures but something else...

for some reason after i just downloaded KSO, the cupola-based parts won't show in the pars menu but they show on the tech tree which i think is really weird

thoughts?

Right, yep, you can also add an internal module, which you've already obviously done, lol. Forgot to mention that, good job. :)

Hilarity ensues. My first experiment worked.

I EVA'ed Bill out an airlock to a glass corridor, with greenhouse at the end.

Craft was in the process of landing at Poll.

Bill of course is floating in the corridor, rebounding off walls when thrusters fire.

I manage to jet him to the door, but I can't find how to get him back in, there was no grab or anything. (Wrong position I think).

Thrusters fire again, somehow Bob floats through a wall and falls into space.

Was fun, but had to revert to launch. Anyway, eventually:-

public.php?service=files&t=d616172dcbe31fcafec87bdc215e6e63&download

Edited by SSSPutnik

Hilarity ensues. My first experiment worked.

I EVA'ed Bill out an airlock to a glass corridor, with greenhouse at the end.

Craft was in the process of landing at Poll.

Bill of course is floating in the corridor, rebounding off walls when thrusters fire.

I manage to jet him to the door, but I can't find how to get him back in, there was no grab or anything. (Wrong position I think).

Thrusters fire again, somehow Bob floats through a wall and falls into space.

Was fun, but had to revert to launch. Anyway, eventually:-

https://moc-per.micromine.com/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=d616172dcbe31fcafec87bdc215e6e63&download

Lol! :D

Wow, nice base. Well good, I'm glad I was able to help. :)

Hi, there!

I'm just dropping by to say I'm loving the SXT pack, especially the large cockpit. It works great as a shuttle cabin, a lot better than the stock MkIII one. You can see in this shuttle:

fPicLEv.png

The only thing missing now for my shuttle program is a good 2,5m payload bay. I'm improvising with Procedural Fairings, but the downside of that is that I have to jettison the cover and land with the bay open.

Any chance of a stocklike cargo bay for the pack?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.