LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

Where's the download to the darkened 1.25m fuel tank? It makes the 3.75 meter tanks darker as well.

Found it, http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24906-WIP-LLL-Lack-Luster-Labs-LLL-12-2-10MAY2014-SXT-15-1-09MAY2014?p=1225193&viewfull=1#post1225193

@Mekan1k,

Thanks. I keep thinking of new things to add/fix. Might forgo adding every part description before releasing the next version, and keep that as a 'rolling' thing.

@Reichtangle,

I'm thinking of expanding/fixing the air-liner parts a bit, although the (new) Kossak fills the 2.5m cockpit role at the moment.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Stephen-Colbert-Give-It-To-Me.gif

PLEASE? As a separate release maybe? THEY ARE FAR better than what we have now!

Unless anything comes up, I'm thinking of doing a new 'testing' release later today. They'll be in there.

Also need to give some more thought to having some 'stand-a-lone' packs, since there are just over a hundred parts in SXT and no doubt that puts a few people off.

Hi again!

Marvelous truck parts, man. I really having a lot of fun with these!

Only two little things (keep it as suggestion, not begging) :wink::

- little truck does not emit light (proof in screenshot)

- can you please add some KAS storage to the big box? Also, it will be amazing if you add tweak-scalling support to it and modify the KAS container capacity based on its size (dunno if can be done).

KJtdSo1.png

Hi again!

Marvelous truck parts, man. I really having a lot of fun with these!

Only two little things (keep it as suggestion, not begging) :wink::

- little truck does not emit light (proof in screenshot)

- can you please add some KAS storage to the big box? Also, it will be amazing if you add tweak-scalling support to it and modify the KAS container capacity based on its size (dunno if can be done).

Yeah, I couldn't get that light working, no idea why it isn't. I gave up with it in the end.

I've taken a shot at that, no idea if it'll work, haven't used KAS or tweak-scale for ages.

Rough changelog from the last -17 pre-release

> Ke-111 - New 2 man 1.25m cockpit (with IVA)

> Re-done Kossak cockpit (with IVA)

> SC-XL10 - 3.75m probe core

> BA-8 New 1.25m engine

> K-170 - New 3.75m engine

> CandleWax - 0.625m SRB

> 0.625m in-line mystery goo pod

> Re-worked 5m parts (Including new tank sizes)

> Two air-brakes

> Shrouded radial hard-point

> Loading ramp for Kn-225

> Various small bugs fixes, adding in some names, descriptions, etc.

Pre-release for SXT-17

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39086055/SXT-17-prerelease.zip

Still lots of things that need finishing, but some goodies in there. I'll write up change-log later.

Playing around with this at the moment:

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Lack

I'm talking about this being a 1.25m cockpit and cabin project.

It'd be a bit cramped, for a DC-8's 2.5m would be a better fit. But I quite like the shape, so it may be used as reference material.

@wasmic,

Universe Randomiser, although it likes to throw my ships into a solar orbit on load. But can always load a quick-save.

@SpaceCommanderNemo,

I was hesitant to make another, since the decoupler version does the job fairly well as long as you remember to move the staging. Although, I was considering setting staged = false (or whatever the line is) and I think that should keep the right-click menu, but haven't tested it.

It'd be a bit cramped, for a DC-8's 2.5m would be a better fit. But I quite like the shape, so it may be used as reference material.

Well look at Sam Hall's cockpit. 1.25m and nice and roomy. Plus, you could make podded engines like the DC-8 10 through 40 series. But if you do make them, make them loud. But the kossak looks like a 767 cockpit.

Well look at Sam Hall's cockpit. 1.25m and nice and roomy. Plus, you could make podded engines like the DC-8 10 through 40 series. But if you do make them, make them loud. But the kossak looks like a 767 cockpit.

You can just about fit two kerbals side by side (Kn-2 has a raised cockpit after-all, you can have a look at the ke-111 IVA as well), I've got a half-finished IVA for the 1.25m passenger cabin, it's better suited for private jets. Even the current 2.5m cabin can only fit 3 kerbals and an aisle per row, compared to this.

Guess again :P

Hint:

gbdg2y6.png

Lack While you are making new parts can i request one?

I'd like to get one that is flat 1x4 hull piece abut it is raised on the sides, think inverted wheel hull. I'd like to make a mobile missile launcher and the raised will will help to hide and protect the rocket. So in truth it is a 2x4 hull with a 1x2 depression in the center.

Many thanks!

Damaske

Can you make a 3.75m-2.5m Tsar stage? I noticed that the uppermost one is 3.75m-3.75m, which makes it much less useful.

Also, love the large airliner. :) Could you make some more jet engines? I think some 1.25m turbofans would be nice.

Can you make a 3.75m-2.5m Tsar stage? I noticed that the uppermost one is 3.75m-3.75m, which makes it much less useful.

Also, love the large airliner. :) Could you make some more jet engines? I think some 1.25m turbofans would be nice.

I've added a 2.5m to 3.75m Tsar stage in, just re-download the pre-release link and it should be in there.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I'm moving at the moment, so will be without a home computer for a while, should really get back to packing actually; Damaske, didn't quite have time to get that one done, but here's the .dae for the 2x1 hull if you fancy taking a shot at it yourself :https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39086055/untitledNEW3.dae

I recently installed KSC++ and SXT and from what I have seen they are really well-made. The concept of SXT is perfect as it includes stuff stock doesn't have while being really lightweight, especially for the amount of parts it has. I have only tested some of those parts but from what I have seen while using them in career and scrolling a bit in a sandbox they fill some of the voids the stock part catalogue has which is always good. It has the potential to become my favourite part-only mod because as I said it offers a lot for it's size.

As for KSC++, it is like Environmental Visual Enhancements in that both are visual additions that add a lot to the game. The clouds (and with Astronomers visual pack that I only recently found the aurorae) as well as KSC++ are stuff that once you are used to it don't want to play without. The trucks driving around the space centre and all the other stuff make it a lot more...lively.

I took the trucks for a ride in a sandbox and it is really fun to drive around the enhanced KSC. While driving I crashed into saw something that is like a pick-up truck, which I haven't seen in the editor. Would it be possible to add it to the available truck parts someday? It would be nice if you'd consider it even though it is just more of the same. But only as long as it isn't too much work and only if time really allows it, of course.

Hi guys. I'm struggling to get the common berthing ports and the tug (infiltration pod) to work correctly with Connected Living Space.

I've tried editing the part cfg but it's not working (I'm a little out of my depth to be honest). Can someone either tell me how to correctly edit it so that the tug has docking ports with hatches in CLS, or possibly direct me to the old CLSLLL.cfg that seems to have been removed from the original post? Thanks.

EDIT: got the CBMs working.

Edited by Narcosis

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.