[Sowcase] The Grand Re-Entry MEGATHREAD!

Lathye re-entry following a successful aerobrake through Jool's atmosphere. You can see the remains of the Gigantor XL solar arrays in the background, which flew off the Atomic transit stage I had decoupled a few minutes earlier to expose the heat shield.

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm214/Speeding_Mullet/ksp/screenshot650_zpscebf5bad.png' alt='screenshot650_zpscebf5bad.png'>

5ls05k0.jpg

"Everything looks magical"

43jQjtL.jpg

f7lwlOa.jpg

B6F7fei.png

(It was not a kerbal that I was landing on Eve in that earlier post, btw...)

I'M ON FIRE! Oh My Gosh!

UD87Lu7.jpg

A perfect dive! Use your helmet to keep the shockwave at bay!

gCXkZWw.jpg

Edited by Tw1

True story: I used to work in the F-16 and F-117 programs in the US Air Force. Once, early in my career, I was doing what's called fire guard. Basically you stand around near the rear of the aircraft watching for fire and maybe trying to put it out should a fire start. They give a great big fire bottle and everything. Anyway, on one launch while we were in Japan, a hundred quadra-zillion dragon flies were swarming around the base and our jets were ingesting them and spitting the flaming corpses out the back. It looked a little like that pic of the jet above. The powers that be decided maybe we should wait to fly another day.

The Wayland Corporation Pegasus X2 aerobraking after dropping off 2 DEMV Mk 4s on the Mün. No real reason for the aerobrake, just really pretty.

All credit for the Pegasus goes to Devogen of Wayland Corporation. (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/24677-%280-19-1%29-Wayland-Corp-Development-and-released-download-Thread)

screenshot25_zps888c6594.png

Of the 16 Kerbals on this Vall mission, only 8 remain alive. The first Aerobrake was neat though.

2013-05-13_00010_zpsb794e8e2.jpg

Wow, that's shiny!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.