[0.21] Kerbal LiveFeed: Passive Multiplayer Plugin/Client/Server v0.7.1

SodiumEyes

If it worked, and I doubt it would easily, it'd ruin performance massively and I'm not sure how you'd do that for, say, five players.

For your setup, you just need teamspeak or similar to talk and can completely get rid of KLF (besides maybe the map orbit info - but the chat and screenshot stuff is silly when you also get everything streamed).

If it worked, and I doubt it would easily, it'd ruin performance massively and I'm not sure how you'd do that for, say, five players.

For your setup, you just need teamspeak or similar to talk and can completely get rid of KLF (besides maybe the map orbit info - but the chat and screenshot stuff is silly when you also get everything streamed).

The way I see it, it wouldn't kill performance. It's just an embedded link, where all the processing is done by Twitch itself, and not the game server. And even so, you'd only be looking at a small video stream, and could only see one at a time (similar to how screenshots are already handled.) Not taking difficulty of implementation into account, it shouldn't require any processing power than having a second monitor and browser window up.

I was just thinking it could be a lot easier than manually asking people if they had a stream channel, etc.

I'm having some issues with this mod:

semttulo1ph.jpg

At first it was running fine but when I went to build a new ship the textures were all messed up.

Then I restarted the game and the texture fixed themselves but now the windows of KLF are like it's showing in the pic...

Hey guys, I tried to throw this on my Ubuntu server, I installed mono, tried to host, and get this error:

zyGNCsn.png

Any help would be wonderful.

Things I did (Orange = In Progress, Red = Didn't work, Yellow = Worked - new error. Green = Solved):

Copied KSP directory to server

Installed WINE

Installing "mono-complete" (sudo apt-get install mono-complete)

New Error:

4CbYDx2.png

Run as Sudo ("sudo mono KSFServer.exe")

AND

Change ports (See Config Image)

WORKING CONFIG:

3F4cW3d.png

SERVER COMPUTER INFO:

RAM: 2.5 GB

CPU: AMD Athlon 64

Video: Nvidia GeForce 8500GT

Input: Single USB Keyboard

GUI: None, Console Interface Only

Edit 1: "Things I Did" updated

Edit 2: More specific server info

Edited by JoshJ5Hawk

Daunting,

do not use ALT-TAB while KSP is loading.ever.

it messes with lots of things. and your screen issue is just one example.

I don't. After it loads, I press the Windows key to get back to the desktop and activate the client. I don't think the game likes when I return to desktop no matter if I'm loading, on the menu, building or flying. I'm forced to deactivate the full screen to avoid this issue. Thanks for the reply, though

I don't. After it loads, I press the Windows key to get back to the desktop and activate the client. I don't think the game likes when I return to desktop no matter if I'm loading, on the menu, building or flying. I'm forced to deactivate the full screen to avoid this issue. Thanks for the reply, though

You can (and should) activate the client and connect to a server before you even start to load up KSP. Doing it the other way around has been known to cause issues, IIRC.

Error starting http server: System.Net.HttplistenerException (0x80004005): Failed to listen on prefix 'http://*:80/' because it conflicts with an existing registration on the machine"

Then it advised running as admin (which it already is).

Hey guys, I tried to throw this on my Ubuntu server, I installed mono, tried to host, and get this error:

zyGNCsn.png

Any help would be wonderful.

Things I did (Red = Didn't work, Yellow = Worked - new error. Green = Solved):

Copied KSP directory to server

I'm having this problem as well. What's wrong?

I just started modding my new 0.20 install, and I'm having a problem.

There simply is no trace of the Live-Feed Interface ingame, the .dll shows up in the debug log, the mod shows up in Database->Assemblies, but there's no GUI. The Server lists me as INACTIVE no matter what I do.

Any ideas anyone?

Edited by DasKibby
accidently a word

There simply is no trace of the Live-Feed Interface ingame, the .dll shows up in the debug log, the mod shows up in Database->Assemblies, but there's no GUI. The Server lists me as INACTIVE no matter what I do.

Any ideas anyone?

Did you install this to the GameData directory? I think this mod still uses the legacy method of the main KSP directory as root. I remember this problem happened for people who forgot to drop the included part into "Parts". It's called "klfantenna' and it initializes the mod.

EDIT:

However... Very little needs changing to make this mod work with the new mod directory scheme. Just change the distributed archive to suit. e.g.

GameData/kerballivefeed/KLFClient.exe
GameData/kerballivefeed/Parts/klfAntenna
GameData/kerballivefeed/Plugins/KerbalLiveFeed.dll

So long as KLFClient.exe is kept in the GameData/kerballivefeed/ the relative file locations are still based properly:

public const String INTEROP_CLIENT_FILENAME = "Plugins/PluginData/KerbalLiveFeed/interopclient.txt";
public const String INTEROP_PLUGIN_FILENAME = "Plugins/PluginData/KerbalLiveFeed/interopplugin.txt";

However, the sharecraft and getcraft functions might not work as is.

Edited by velusip
extra plugin location notes

Are you already running a webserver on the machine?
Change the port to 8080

Skype is most likely interfering

i dont use the piece of turd known as skype.

I had IIS running at one point on port 8080 so I ran it on 7777 which I already had forwarded on my router. Nothing else was using this port. I tested and bukkit runs fine on this port aswell without errors and people can connect to it. Bukkit wasn't running when I tried this application, I only launched it after to see if there was a conflict which it appears there isn't.

i dont use the piece of turd known as skype.

I had IIS running at one point on port 8080 so I ran it on 7777 which I already had forwarded on my router. Nothing else was using this port. I tested and bukkit runs fine on this port aswell without errors and people can connect to it. Bukkit wasn't running when I tried this application, I only launched it after to see if there was a conflict which it appears there isn't.

One other thing I can think of, if you haven't tried it, is Run it as Admin (Which I know you said you already did) WHILE running it in Windows XP compatibility mode. May work, may not, but it's worth a try for something this sweet :)

You can (and should) activate the client and connect to a server before you even start to load up KSP. Doing it the other way around has been known to cause issues, IIRC.

Oh... But the readme clearly states to run the Client.exe while the game is running, so I deduced it wouldn't work if I did the oher way around.

Whenever someone sends a screenshot it's saved. And they are All saved. You can only see the most recent one sent from each person however, but that may change at some point.

Well, I actually wrote myself a fancy little script for that :)

find /home/josh5jhawk/ksp/klfScreenshots -name '*.png' -exec mv {} /var/www/zenphoto/albums/KLFImages \;
rm -rf /var/www/zenphoto/albums/KLFImages/klfScreenshots

But it doesn't seem to keep a copy of my screenshot when I am playing alone. If Sodium could verify this, that would be wonderful :D

(Edit: Herp Derp, I forgot to set Save Screenshots to true xD)

P.S. If you're curious on what this ends up looking like, check out http://Joshj5hawk.mine.bz/zenphoto/index.php?album=KLFImages/

Edited by JoshJ5Hawk

One other thing I can think of, if you haven't tried it, is Run it as Admin (Which I know you said you already did) WHILE running it in Windows XP compatibility mode. May work, may not, but it's worth a try for something this sweet :)

Made no difference, kinda expected as its a .NET application and .NET runs pretty much the same everywhere.

Made no difference, kinda expected as its a .NET application and .NET runs pretty much the same everywhere.

Another thought, did you change the HTTP (80) port, or the Default port (2075)? If you only changed the Default, try changing the HTTP (Again, you may have already tried this, I'm just trying to fire things to ya :))

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.