[0.21] Kerbal LiveFeed: Passive Multiplayer Plugin/Client/Server v0.7.1

SodiumEyes

OK so I've been trying to get this mod running as it looks fun but I am hitting a snag.

The client loads fine and I am able to connect to servers but when I go in game the kerbal live feed doesn't work, see picture below.

p9H9JpL.jpg

Now I have tried running the client both before and after kerbal has loaded but this doesn't help. I've also tried running the client and kerbal in admin mode and now I'm all out of ideas.

Any one any ideas on what's causing this?

Just for info I am running the steam version dunno if this will effect it.

Steam doesn't change anything other than WHERE the directorys are.

as long as you are putting KLF_Client files in c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\Kerbalspaceprogram then you should be fine.

(note: I typed that directory from memory, so, it is something like that).

So after a bit of playing around I have found that that the client was trying to point to the plugins folder in the main directory but the actual plugin, which is stored of in the gamedata folder due to the restructuring of gamedata in 2.0, was trying to write the config text files to the route folder it was in. This means that the config files where not in the right place for the client to read them.

So I got the github code and made changes to the clients paths as a hot fix and it now works yay :-).

Another way to solve this without editing code would be to just move the client.exe inside the KLF folder in game data then the paths would be correct.

Edited by shadow2005
Better explanation of what i did

Does anyone know what are the server's system requirements? I have a friend who's thinking of running a server using inexpensive hardware, but it'd be nice to know the required specs.

I heard that somebody was running it on a Raspberry Pi with ease.

So, it doesn't take much to run it.

OK, wait a sec...

First we got Kessler, wich allowed save file sharing (asynchronous multiplayer).

And now, with this, we can see what others are doing in real time, but not interact with them.

We are getting close to actual multiplayer here

I've been having an issue where my friend timeouts every time they try to send a screenshot and I was wondering if anyone here could help. There's no other error on either end other then just disconnected: Timeout, and there is no message saying he shared his screen. Setting the resolution to minimum had no affect.

I think this is due to some maximum data received limit through Windows or Hamachi because I had a similar issue with the same person hosting a minecraft server. On the server he kept getting timeout issues after I placed a block in the world which was apparently bugged and caused a lot of data to be sent to him. If anyone has any advice on how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated

Not sure if this is a known problem, but on Linux, when I click the chat box and type something, it forwards the key inputs to the game as well. This results in unintended stage separation, camera changes, the map opening and closing and a whole lot of other stuff.

I am not getting anything with the updated version. I installed the KLF Folder into the gamedate folder, with the KLF Client. Nothing shows up on screen in game, no chat box or anything. I can connect to the server tho thru the KLF client. Any assistance is appreciated!

I've had an "Access denied http reader something something" issue a while back, changing HTTP port to pretty much anything else solved the problem (for some reason) (guy on some c++ forumsaid 8732, i have it on 8008 now, as alternative http, i don't even know...).

You might want to add this to readme/first page if anyone else experiences this. I could also use an explanation of why doesn't it work on default setting (for me).

EDIT: Scratch that, it still doesn't work, this time clients give a timeout error. It works if i connect to my local ip and me my friend were able to make it work trough tunngle, but that's hardly as practical.

and yes, i have port forwarded it.

EDIT2: It actually doesn't work, we can't communicate in any way, though server does say there's one more guy on the server.

Edited by 0bj4ct7

I'm having problems with the new version. The GUI shows up and I can open things, but even while I'm connected to the server I receive no chat feed and it shows that no one is online. However, the KLF.exe "pop-up" shows me what is happening in the server and shows the chat feed. I placed the GameData folder from the download in the KSP GameData folder and renamed it "LiveFeed". I also put the KLF.exe in the top layer of the KSP folder. (Where you can see GameData, Plugins, Resources, etc.) What am I doing wrong?

I'm having problems with the new version. The GUI shows up and I can open things, but even while I'm connected to the server I receive no chat feed and it shows that no one is online. However, the KLF.exe "pop-up" shows me what is happening in the server and shows the chat feed. I placed the GameData folder from the download in the KSP GameData folder and renamed it "LiveFeed". I also put the KLF.exe in the top layer of the KSP folder. (Where you can see GameData, Plugins, Resources, etc.) What am I doing wrong?

Same here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.