[0.21] Kerbal LiveFeed: Passive Multiplayer Plugin/Client/Server v0.7.1

SodiumEyes

When I run this in KSP 0.22, no mods except this, neither the chat nor the displays display any names or chat.

Typing into the chatbox does not respond to any commands, and it shows my name as: "[ ]" when typing.

Is just a .22 error. Worked in all other versions.

I've got the same problem as few people here: The plugin works but for some reason it cannot connect to the Client application.

First of all, I'm on a Mac.

The server runs on Linux

2 Windows versions have been confirmed to connect to the server, share screenshots and otherwise work properly.

On the Mac KLF client connects to the server, but the server info doesn't push to KSP itself.

KSP shows the plugin window, all internal commands on it works (Viewer opens etc.) but it's not connected.

Halp?

A few of us have noticed game freezes happening at the same time. Then it starts working again. The only commonality is people running .22 with KLF. Not sure but it seems like KLF might hang things up for a min while it's trying to update something, then when it gets the update it's looking for things are fine again.

Another annoyance is that some people have found a way to force the client to beep others computer speakers, and they use it to great effect :(

Update 0.7.2 SodiumEyes is not making anymore updates so I am going to maintain and add new stuff to this plugin.

Litte preview of the update 0.7.2 :

New Server GUI :

0uOAbwf.png

New Client GUI :

nfa.png

This update will be released when I get permission from SodiumEyes to edit his post and redirect it to a the new post that I will make soon.

Edited by nobleleader13245

I made a few fixes to the current release and forked it on github, under raad287.

/sharecraft is confirmed to be working again, the way the game names the actual "save game" in .22 was changed, and that was throwing it off. I also added chat and screenshot view toggle functionality.

I don't know if this is the right way to do it, it was suggested I fork it, so here it is.

https://github.com/raad287/KerbalLiveFeed

.../sharecraft is confirmed to be working again, the way the game names the actual "save game" in .22 was changed, and that was throwing it off. I also added chat and screenshot view toggle functionality...

https://github.com/raad287/KerbalLiveFeed

Hello,

I see the new hotkey toggles, which I really like, but I don't see the changes for sharecraft. I only see some minor formatting changes. Perhaps your changes didn't get pushed here?

Here's the diff: https://github.com/raad287/KerbalLiveFeed/commit/519afc97cc5587231866efed9a13a441d128937e

Hello,

I see the new hotkey toggles, which I really like, but I don't see the changes for sharecraft. I only see some minor formatting changes. Perhaps your changes didn't get pushed here?

Here's the diff: https://github.com/raad287/KerbalLiveFeed/commit/519afc97cc5587231866efed9a13a441d128937e

https://github.com/raad287/KerbalLiveFeed/commit/519afc97cc5587231866efed9a13a441d128937e

I had to push twice, maybe that caused some problems, but it's showing up on this link. It wasn't actually in the KLFClient, I was stuck on that for a while though.

The actual problem with the sharecraft starts around line 667 in KLFManager.cs. When the client was looking for the craft file to send, the file path it was getting was clipped due to the difference in what HighLogic.CurrentGame.Title was responding with, due to the update to .22

https://github.com/raad287/KerbalLiveFeed/commit/519afc97cc5587231866efed9a13a441d128937e

I had to push twice, maybe that caused some problems, but it's showing up on this link. It wasn't actually in the KLFClient, I was stuck on that for a while though.

The actual problem with the sharecraft starts around line 667 in KLFManager.cs. When the client was looking for the craft file to send, the file path it was getting was clipped due to the difference in what HighLogic.CurrentGame.Title was responding with, due to the update to .22

Ah, I see. Very nice.

Also, nobleleader13245, I look forward to your handy config editor.

Please keep in mind that until there is an official statement by SodiumEyes I won't support any version higher than 0.7.1 on the server page and I see your project as unauthorized.

Working on a new design btw...the current one is definitely too dark.

MfG

Byter

Please keep in mind that until there is an official statement by SodiumEyes I won't support any version higher than 0.7.1 on the server page and I see your project as unauthorized.

Working on a new design btw...the current one is definitely too dark.

MfG

Byter

Aye. It is a forum rule to provide source code to your mods. See section 4.2 http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/30064-Forum-Rules-June-21-2013

nobleleader13245, I recommend removing your post or updating the link to including all source and build file. If I can't build it myself, I don't run it.

@velusip:

I know that and I support your enthusiasm for KLF. Still I would like to hear simply ANYTHING from SodiumEyes that he won't develop it anymore. Its nothing personal. I just want to make sure not to support two different development-branches at a time.

I can't remember who exactly sent me the e-mail about 2 days ago but I answered them with the wish to reply back with some kind of proof or a new development thread. Simply open one and everything is fine.

- Byter

I've gotten together with noble, our code is now integrated and we are more then happy to continue dev, atleast for the time being. I have a fork up on github, not integrated with nobles yet, but we will more than likely post all updates to github under some account.

We need to do a bit of organization to get everything straight, but, with permission, we should be able to publish some updates fairly quickly. We were both messing around with the code, but waiting for permission, now that we have it, we need permission to either edit the OP on the thread (don't know if that's possible) or release on a separate thread. I guess noble tried posting a new thread, but it was shot down by a mod.

So far the features/improvements discussed.

-(done) fix /sharecraft

-(done) toggles for chat/screenshot view

-(almost) GUI client /server (GUI client lacks chat capability *only GUI, KSP chat unaffected*).

-(working on) screen shot performance.

-(future) video / continuous low fps screenshot mode

any additional feature suggestions are welcomed, but please within reason. ("add real multiplayer") ya that might take a minute or two

Edit: What we've both posted already are compatible with the existing KLF servers. The changes I've made deal with the clientside/plugin only to fix sharecraft and add toggles, and the client/server GUI's (noble) are independent and compatible. These will both be merged into one version and available very soon. (along with the source).

In the meantime, if you really want to latest of the latest, my update (dll) is compatable with nobles (client/server gui) and are interchangeable, but again, these will be merged very soon.

Edited by nevermoto

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.