[0.21] Kerbal LiveFeed: Passive Multiplayer Plugin/Client/Server v0.7.1

SodiumEyes

I've gotten together with noble, our code is now integrated and we are more then happy to continue dev, atleast for the time being. I have a fork up on github, not integrated with nobles yet, but we will more than likely post all updates to github under some account.

We need to do a bit of organization to get everything straight, but, with permission, we should be able to publish some updates fairly quickly. We were both messing around with the code, but waiting for permission, now that we have it, we need permission to either edit the OP on the thread (don't know if that's possible) or release on a separate thread. I guess noble tried posting a new thread, but it was shot down by a mod.

So far the features/improvements discussed.

-(done) fix /sharecraft

-(done) toggles for chat/screenshot view

-(almost) GUI client /server (GUI client lacks chat capability *only GUI, KSP chat unaffected*).

-(working on) screen shot performance.

-(future) video / continuous low fps screenshot mode

any additional feature suggestions are welcomed, but please within reason. ("add real multiplayer") ya that might take a minute or two

Edit: What we've both posted already are compatible with the existing KLF servers. The changes I've made deal with the clientside/plugin only to fix sharecraft and add toggles, and the client/server GUI's (noble) are independent and compatible. These will both be merged into one version and available very soon. (along with the source).

In the meantime, if you really want to latest of the latest, my update (dll) is compatable with nobles (client/server gui) and are interchangeable, but again, these will be merged very soon.

Nice to hear. Also, I appreciate that you're keeping with git.

I'd like to recommend a distribution model -- while SpacePort or any other mirror are perfectly viable, github's new terms permits small releases and they provide a handy feature for it: See https://github.com/blog/1547-release-your-software

It's really convenient and fast for releasing a dev branch for testing.

I got the mod to work, but all the words are broken. Some of the letters are invisible.

Could you provide the exact steps of your install? I get this glitch too if I start KSP before KLF, but not after. I also get this from time to time when alt-tabbing out.

I would like to report a bug for the new KLF 0.7.2, the KLFclient eats all the CPU processing capacity of one core. Why is it doing this? Can I revert to KLF 0.7.1 and use that for .22?

Help i installed the plugin correctly, i opened up ksp and the client but when i try to connect to a server it says server ip: 69.64.48.69:2075

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Client.get_isConnected()

at Client.connectToServer(ClientSettings settings)

at ConsoleClient.connectionLoop(ClientSettings settings)

at ConsoleClient.connect(ClientSettings settings)

• 2 weeks later...

Does this work on Linux? When I try to run it with the sudo mono KLFClient.exe command, I get this error:

Unhandled Exception: System.EntryPointNotFoundException: FindWindow

at (wrapper managed-to-native) ClientMain:FindWindow (string,string)

at ClientMain.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.EntryPointNotFoundException: FindWindow

at (wrapper managed-to-native) ClientMain:FindWindow (string,string)

at ClientMain.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

xxxxx@xxxxx-G50V:~/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program$

Clicking the exe doesn't do anything at all. The program appears in the taskbar and then disappears after a while as it can't start.

It looks like the 0.7.2 server is not able to run in command line mode. The previous version doesn't have this probleme.

Could you please make sure to keep the Linux and command line compatibility, because that is how a lot (and my) servers run.

after retaking control of a vessel made up of two docked ships:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at FlightGlobals.get_ActiveVessel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KMP.KMPManager.get_isInFlight () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KMP.KMPManager.OnVesselDestroy (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

• 3 weeks later...

What happened! Has the mod been abandoned? Why are all the servers down?

Really want to go on, KLF is the reason why i do missions (and amuse people and look dumb). Singleplayer seems so damn barren, like being stuck in dry, dry flat desert.

I'll try to set up a server? Can SOMEBODY please set up a server? i BEG of you all!

(Post the IP here)

Acted dumb way too much

Telling CrayzeeMonkey to be smart is like telling a Polar Bear to be black
Edited by CrayzeeMonkey

Getting this error while attempting connection to klf.general-physics.de:

Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could
be made because the target machine actively refused it 188.40.9.102:2075
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddre
ss socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(IPEndPoint remoteEP)
at KLFClient.ClientMain.connectionLoop()
Unable to connect to server

Entering general-physics.de in the browser loads, but klf.general-physics.de doesn't.

Either something happened to KLF, or the klf.general-physics.de server is either abandoned or down temporarily.

Any help or reasons to this? :(

EDIT: I can't even connect to my own server on my own computer? I get the same error.

Edited by mythbusters844

This is a message to that person who tried to enter "gboxg.co.uk" with HTTP-Port 2074 into my status-page. Thank you for breaking the script. I tried to exactly enter the data in the database again but this time I got the response: "Port open but no KLF server found." which is in this case true. So, somehow that person managed to enter data which is not allowed.

I know I'm a little late but I rarely come on the forums. Sorry about that! Didn't think it'd crash the script.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.