[Carbon 1.3] KSP Utilities - Partial Cross-Platforming

TreeCreator throws Unhandled Exception at me whenever I try to open ScienceDefs.cfg (stock).

Details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at KSP_TreeCreator.Main.ToolStripButton1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18052 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

KSP TreeCreator

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///D:/S%C5%A5iahnutia/KSP+TreeCreator.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 11.0.50709.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18044 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18047 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18021 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18060 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

"Iridium: TCP Client/Server Application to chat / share persistence files (Yes, kessler is outdated now)"

Why exactly is the program called like me? There's maaany elements on the periodic table, just wondering, how come you've choosen that one too.

That program shouldn't even exist anymore. It's been outdated and it never worked.

TreeCreator throws Unhandled Exception at me whenever I try to open ScienceDefs.cfg (stock).

It opens Tree.cfg, not ScienceDefs.cfg.

Could we get a Auto-Backup utility to save the persistence file every X amount of time? :) I nearly cried today after doing an F9 thinking there was a recent quick save.. when in reality it was from the previous day.... before i setup my interplanetary satellite relay system... :(

Could we get a Auto-Backup utility to save the persistence file every X amount of time? :) I nearly cried today after doing an F9 thinking there was a recent quick save.. when in reality it was from the previous day.... before i setup my interplanetary satellite relay system... :(

My first request. I will mark this occasion by creating this application!

Feel free to request features here: https://github.com/ROFLCopter64bit/Tungsten/issues

(Do it by clicking "New Issue", don't worry, it's not actually an issue)

Edited by ROFLCopter64bit
I can't english

• 3 weeks later...

Tungsten Alpha #2, for the ultimate minimalist save backuperer + 1.

If you check KSPMM-R's thread alot, you should know delay was caused by exams. Not anymore. Now school holidays.

Also, it might be too late to say this, but The Daily Kerbal, I am disappoint for no Tools and Applications posting. We do as much work and put in as much effort as the modders, yet no recognition. Why you do dis? ;.;

• 1 month later...

Well, if you read the title, you would know that I will not be working/updating these programs anymore.

Simply put, if I can't find the time/motivation to update my starbound mods to the newest version, then there is no hope in hell that I would be working on this.

Still, if I felt productive I could still do minor things here from time to time. But don't count on it.

This is in effect from 05/02/14 22:00 AEST to 05/04/14 00:00 AEST.

Edited by ROFLCopter64bit

• 3 weeks later...
Still, if I felt productive I could still do minor things here from time to time. But don't count on it.

This is in effect from 05/02/14 10PM AEST to [REDACTED]

Not "counting on it", but I was wondering if you could give me some tips for manually merging two saves in order to get ships from both into one game. I tried your KSP Save Merger and it creates a pesistance file missing FLIGHTSTATE and ROSTER. When you add these back in manually, it will load in ksp, but only the FIRST ship is present. The second (last) is not.

Thanks and I understand if you're too busy

In case the developer, or anyone else that might know, is still following this thread:

The tree.cfg files you mentioned previously just don't seem to exist in any save directories that I've looked at (yes, they are career saves). Is there some trick to accessing them like a file that needs to be unpacked or what have you?

Figuring this bit out would be of great help in developing my own mod.

EDIT: NM, doing a little more research, it looks like having Treeloader installed was an unspecified requirement here, as it's what uses tree.cfg files (they aren't stock).

Edited by FlowerChild

• 1 month later...

I haven't decided to keep working on this for very long, but here's what I've done:

• Converted all code to C#. No more sentimental love for VB.
  • Carbon 1.3 with the new Launcher + Payload section with math that may not be correct.
    • If you run it on Mono on Linux or Mac, it is completely functional (not the analyzer though, that's for 2.0)

[*]Planned basic flight simulator and .craft generator.

[*]Save repairer/analyzer will be able to fix virtually all structural errors.

[*]API for persistence files so I can make code cleaner, therefore reducing update times.

Also on the same note, the 1st year anniversary for KSP Save Utilities is coming up. Technically, before my account got purged in the April/13 reset, the first anniversary happened months ago. Either way, I think this thread is due for another slash-and-burn removal.

Not "counting on it", but I was wondering if you could give me some tips for manually merging two saves in order to get ships from both into one game. I tried your KSP Save Merger and it creates a pesistance file missing FLIGHTSTATE and ROSTER. When you add these back in manually, it will load in ksp, but only the FIRST ship is present. The second (last) is not.

Thanks and I understand if you're too busy

After I finish the API, I can do this very easily since I don't need to implement the cut-and-pasting of strings together for each individual section, it does it all automatically. I don't have much knowledge how the current saves work, so I need to look into that.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried out Carbon v1.3 today, and wanted to leave some tips for others who might try running it against .craft files from v23.5. (no mods)

1. A parts list isn't included with the 1.3 download. Carbon AutoAnalyzer makes it for you. (This was a great idea, for forward-compatibility!)

2. If you run Carbon AutoAnalyzer from the main KSP folder, it will pick up some incorrect data, resulting in a "null value" JIT debug error, when you attempt to load the newly-created parts list file.

3. To work around this, run Carbon AutoAnalyzer from the Parts sub-folders.

4. Copy it first in the folder ...Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad\Parts, run it and open the parts.list text file.

5. Copy it second to the folder ...\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\NASAmission\Parts, run it and open the parts.list text file.

6. Copy the NASAmission parts text, to the end of the Squad parts list text file, save this, and use this combined parts.list file with the main Carbon app.

Some part naming syntax may have changed in v23.5. Some parts names in the parts.list file contain "_" underscores, but when loading some .craft files, an error will appear that a part could not be found... the same part name, but containing a "." instead. Example: an entry for fuelTank_long appeared twice in the Carbon AutoAnalyzer created parts.list. Workaround: edit one instance of fuelTank_long to fuelTank.long. Also seen with ksp_r_largeBatteryPack.

Suggestion for future: It would be nice if we only had to load the parts list file one time, such that it persisted across all three tab functions :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.