[0.23.5]General Propulsionâ„¢ SOLD

Galacticruler

Thank you sir.

New images should be up soon.

Ha. I kinda expected you to crop those ....

And thanks for catching the Mk1 pod I used for scale, meant to mention that in my PM, but I was in a hurry to get somewhere.

Everyone please disregard the parts bin, I had a few other mods installed.

Hate to bump, but I was given permission to continue the RBI parts(no word on the plugin), felt like people would like to know.

This is great news, as they are a fantastic addition to KSP. Something like that should not go to waste.

Impressions,

Overall a decent pack, but I think the specs could use a tweak, just not sure exactly how :(

Maybe make the smaller one more comparable to an LV-N, and the larger model the "Impulse Drive"? My major complaint with LV-Ns is their size and weight. These are kinda heavy, and so is their fuel, but the engines and tanks even together are very small.

Models wise, I think the tanks are fine, but the engines need some work. They look a little .... cartoony?

Since I have them shutdown (action key) most of the time unless I plan a large burn it would be nice if they had an "Online, but idle" animation, like the red glow. Then another animation for actual operation. For the time being I have some red omni lights placed near them bound to the same action group to let me know when they're online since the staging bar gives no indication.

Overall a decent pack, but I think the specs could use a tweak, just not sure exactly how :(

Maybe make the smaller one more comparable to an LV-N, and the larger model the "Impulse Drive"? My major complaint with LV-Ns is their size and weight. These are kinda heavy, and so is their fuel, but the engines and tanks even together are very small.

Thank you, and yes, they do need some tweaks, its not close to done.

Models wise, I think the tanks are fine, but the engines need some work. They look a little .... cartoony?

Since I have them shutdown (action key) most of the time unless I plan a large burn it would be nice if they had an "Online, but idle" animation, like the red glow. Then another animation for actual operation. For the time being I have some red omni lights placed near them bound to the same action group to let me know when they're online since the staging bar gives no indication.

I actually had nothing to do with the models, textures or unity rigging, that was all OrbitusII.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, thanks for dropping by.

oh and there has been a possible development on the Tracks.dll story:

EndlessWaves will be contacting me sometime soon in response to my response to his message.

He's said that he was wanting to let it go free for public use, and I agree with him. (as it was, it never had a published source.)

• 2 weeks later...
You should rather make a thread for RBI Tracks Continuation and move all mention of it off the OP.

I don't see the point in that, what I'm doing right now works just fine.

And thanks, too, for picking it up.

don't thank me, thank EndlessWaves and electronicfox for letting me.

I have a really good computer so i will offer this:

If you need any videos on this mod and/or anything rendered ingame with max settings i can do that

i also am very good at makeing planes with or without FAR so if you need SSTO Demos ill do that to.

Rockits i also can do

Pm me if you want me on your team

I don't see the point in that, what I'm doing right now works just fine.

JackGruff is right. You have two wildly different mods with different user bases. There may be a little bit of crossover, but it makes no sense to keep them together.

Also, the "RBI Continuation" part of your title is easily missed by those who wouldn't touch the General Propulsion offerings with a 39.5ft pole. People tend to lose focus if the first few words in a title don't grab a hold of them.

I missed it and skipped over your thread until my eye randomly caught the word "Tracks" as I was scanning for a different thread.

I was working on sound for the RBI tracks when the creators up and vanished. I'm glad to see that the pack is still quasi-alive, however until there are concrete plans for the plugin I will probably keep the project on hold.

Edited by little square dot

I was working on sound for the RBI tracks when the creators up and vanished. I'm glad to see that the pack is still quasi-alive, however until there are concrete plans for the plugin I will probably keep the project on hold.

contact endlesswaves, he holds all rights to the plugin, and should get back to you soon; I've only been given rights to distribute it.

also, I think I could re-order the title if that helps.

contact endlesswaves, he holds all rights to the plugin, and should get back to you soon; I've only been given rights to distribute it.

Will do.

also, I think I could re-order the title if that helps.

That works.

If the plugin is updated at some point I would suggest a new thread altogether, but in the meantime I s'pose there's no real need.

have been using the tracks for a while now and enjoyed them is fun trying to land something on the moon with them the impact resistance helps with heavy landings often tho my tracks survive and things break off if i hit to hard but that is to be expected and is often fun to deal with

I'd like to see cat tracks with shoes. The current tracks all look like rubberized versions. Go out and take a look at a D7 or a Highlift , those machines have shoes that move around, not a rubber band. Just a thought.

creating individual shoes to that animate properly is very complex in any game engine, so the rubber-band style tracks are what was decided on. I would have liked to make more realistic tracks that use shoes, I'm sure many would agree that it would be rather epic, but like I said, rather complex, and possibly would take valuable processing power away from crashing rockets without lag.

Really now? Well....

Its comeing... Very soon....

What is your point exactly? You are showing technology that is not public yet and is certainly not in KSP - and probably never will be. At the same time the discussion was that tracks load the physics engine too much. Physics that will still have to occur and be calculated when you use this technology, so nothing will change.

have been using the tracks for a while now and enjoyed them is fun trying to land something on the moon with them the impact resistance helps with heavy landings often tho my tracks survive and things break off if i hit to hard but that is to be expected and is often fun to deal with

Try to use the <shift>, <,> and <.> more often. Capitalisation and punctuation make your posts a lot more legible.

Really now? Well....

Its comeing... Very soon....

This technology is far from complete and right now is graphical only. Note there were no animated pieces or surfaces, nor were there physics.

My argument was about wasting precious cpu calculating the extra physics required for a complex track set. It can be done, but a balance has to be made.

If these guys invent a new tech (seems to be what theyre good at) that allows huge amounts of physic calculations, and Squad decide to port KSP to the engine, then I would have no issues with making fully detailed complex tracks. But if they did manage that, I'm sure many physicists would have better uses for it first.

That debate about the Euclideon stuff, implies there claims are even real...

As some one who works with computers for a living, most of there stuff is made up BS, that is not even posible, if it was possible they should release a tech demo, but no they have not even done that and instead even block comments from there stuff.

A video for "New rendering" technology is very easy to fake, and it seems to be what they have done, since even there justification that it works like a search engine would both take up large amounts of proccesing power, and not even work, you cant sit there and read off the hardrive, they flat out tell you people in the IT industry would tell you that, and then claim they found a way.

No no you did not, thats like telling a physiscist there wrong about physics, you dont do that without proof, which is something there severly lacking, and even if it is real, it would burn out your hardrive pretty damn fast.

Edited by Imca

creating individual shoes to that animate properly is very complex in any game engine, so the rubber-band style tracks are what was decided on. I would have liked to make more realistic tracks that use shoes, I'm sure many would agree that it would be rather epic, but like I said, rather complex, and possibly would take valuable processing power away from crashing rockets without lag.

Well you asked for suggestions :P

I'm just leaning the basics of Blender and unity, but if the tracks are an object, could you not make them thicker, the use bump or normal map to "fake" the detail of shoes by putting heavy shadowing between the joints.

I think that's what they did with World of Tanks.