[0.21+] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau: Updated (9/27/13)

Normak

Been getting an issue with the Balka solar wings (dual version) where they stop rotating around the node's axis, and sort of "stutter". Going to guess it's because older version?

e: Get well soon, cBBp. Update KOSMOS and I'll make a sweet video. :P

Edited by falken

Awesome plugin!

I have a question regarding the Common Berthing System Docking Ring.

Is it supposed to work like a regular clamp-o-tron/docking port? When I get near it with either another ring or the Pravilo Control System it won't reconnect. I'm not totally sure how this is supposed to work.

I believe the CBS will only work with others of the CBS rings. Last I used it, it *did* work!

I have had issues where I managed to put the ring on the bottom of a module the wrong way up because it looks so much the same either way up. Remember to flip it before placing it at the bottom!

A neat trick when planning to put a CBS unit on the bottom or sides of a module is to dump on the top of a craft, attach any small item to the top of the CBS, then pull the CBS off and rotate it to place it on the sides or bottom of the craft. Then I don't get it wrong nearly so often.

If you are getting it on right side up then I don't know what is going wrong.

I believe the CBS will only work with others of the CBS rings. Last I used it, it *did* work!

I have had issues where I managed to put the ring on the bottom of a module the wrong way up because it looks so much the same either way up. Remember to flip it before placing it at the bottom!

A neat trick when planning to put a CBS unit on the bottom or sides of a module is to dump on the top of a craft, attach any small item to the top of the CBS, then pull the CBS off and rotate it to place it on the sides or bottom of the craft. Then I don't get it wrong nearly so often.

If you are getting it on right side up then I don't know what is going wrong.

I didn't know there was a right side up! I'll have to try it out and see.

EDIT:

I tried flipping it every which way and was still unable to get it to connect. Not too big of a deal though, I can just use regular clamp-o-trons.

Edited by GunfighterJ
Additional Info

Hi there I was wondering if anyone could help me, I am having a few issues with the Kosmos mod, it is causing my game to randomly close most often whilst in VAB. I really want to get this mod to work as I am currently attempting to recreate the ISS.

I am not using many mods as I started fresh yesterday

B9

ExsurgentEngineering

KineTechAnimation

Kosmos_R4.7.2

KOSMOS_techTree

ModuleManager.2.1.4

ResGen

Any help on what might be causing this would be great.

Thanks

MrGrazam: forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005

Nathan thanks for the link is this more for low end pc's? Or is it something else?

This is my build:

I7 4770k @4.5

sabertooth mobo

16gb vengence ram

gtx 780

250gb ssd + 2tb HDD

750w psu

plenty of cooling

Nathan thanks for the link is this more for low end pc's? Or is it something else?

That link will compress and reduce the size of textures for parts. KSP can only utilize up to 4 GB of RAM, and for some reason the Unity engine loads all part textures into RAM. You could have 64 GB RAM and you'll still run into the problem, so the mod is not specifically for low-end machines. Getting B9 and KOSMOS, two of the largest part mods, to load together is going to be tricky to begin with. But you can if you swing it right.

Short version: Install the ATM mod (linked above) and/or reduce the texture size in settings to half-res.

Long version: check out the forums and search for performance threads and see what tricks you can try. Most of them say the above, but there are a few others that might help depending on your system.

Thank you for posting that.

My problem is I have a rather large station with eight wings on it that's already in low solar orbit. I've tried swapping the modules in the .sfs file, but that's not helping.

Any suggestions on how to fix an existing vessel???

This module manager change swaps round the chargeRates before the WarpPlugin configuration is processed. That added waste heat to the Balka panels on one of my in-flight craft:

@PART[Kosmos_Balka_PanelBlock1]:BEFORE[WarpPlugin]
{
@MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel],0
{
@chargeRate = 400
}
@MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel],1
{
@chargeRate = 0
}
}

Tanz, go have a look at the part file for say... the balka solar panels. Look for this in the part file:

cost = 300

category = Utility

subcategory = 0

title = Balka Solar Wings Block small

manufacturer = Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau

add this above:

TechRequired = specializedConstruction

entryCost = 12400

This applies to any part file that does not have a techtree integration.

Within 24 hours, this pack will become undownloadable within 24 hours. Any chance of a reupload to the Curse spaceport, or another place? Oh, and by the way, do you have anything cool to show us, CBBP?

Has Kosmos been updated for .23.5 yet?

It works with Sandbox out-of-the-box, but for career mode, you need the TechTree ModuleManager .cfg from NoMrBonds sig. You might also want to install modulefixer to prevent parts "blowing up" in the parts list in the VAB.

A future build release on one of the best Mod packs ever created??? Oh now I have to check this damn thread every day. Always loved the incredible amount of detail in this pack. Most impressive... :cool:

It works with Sandbox out-of-the-box, but for career mode, you need the TechTree ModuleManager .cfg from NoMrBonds sig. You might also want to install modulefixer to prevent parts "blowing up" in the parts list in the VAB.

I put the module fix to stop the infinite-expanding VAB icons is in the module manager techTree update config too

the new procedural fairings breaks kosmos fairings. (sigh) I have something on the order of 70+ ships most all of which have kosmos fairings. Which worked fine up to version 2.4.4 of procedural fairings. version 3.0 up however no longer uses the karamzit folder, instead everything is inside of ProceduralFairing and you cannot have both folders co resident. The old 2.4.4 fairings and bases are in the nre folder and have been deprecated.

so now I am kind of uber borked because I have kosmos fairings on many ships as well as PF fairings. I can go through all my ships and update the PF fairings and possibly replace the kosmos ones but then I have to add additional decouplers and the PF fairings are bulky so it really messes with my ship designs. But then I also lose all the other kosmos parts.

Makes me kind of bummed out. This is pretty much a stake through the heart of kosmos for me. Are there any plans to make kosmos PF 3.0.2 compliant or is this mod simply dead?