[0.21+] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau: Updated (9/27/13)

Normak

I seem to have a problem with the big solar sails... While the right click menu shows 400 energy flowing, it actually only produces 25/s

1h6dJ.png

Was trying to fool around with a mining rig, but, well, not enough power :D

That's wierd.

The right click menu shows how much charge the entire craft has not how fast they charge.

The balka panels are actually supposed to output 400 echarge pr sec. His total power cap just happens to be 4000.

Not sure why stock solar panel module would not work right. perhaps it is because it is on the ground.

anyway some URM work. not final textures in anyway but just color and structure assessments And just to show how the whole engine fairings will work. You have Radial style and Interstage style. and you can choose if you want the full ejecting version of the ones tat leave Cowelings. just have to edit the CFGs a bit. For example. This version leaves two cowelings about the engine. Normak likes this style (as you recall we had a big fight over it once) but now they all use the same model and texture and it only increases customizable elements. URM has a whole mess of customization. which will only expand as other sizes come about.

URmbase.png

Edited by CardBoardBoxProcessor

Wow, that looks great! I have one question regarding the VA, though - how do I correctly assemble it? It would make most sens if it was, from the bottom: VA - Parachute - RCS unit - Retro Block - Gyroscope - Escape tower

However, the only way to balance the VA with regards to RCS is to asssemble it like this: VA - RCS unit - Retroblock clipped into rcs unit - Escape tower.

This means that not only will the VA look ugly, it will also have neither a parachute nor a gyroscope.

Who knew that the Salyut would make a cool-looking base module? :D

I haven't taken KOSMOS out of the Kerbin SOI, other than solar panels. However, it is the backbone of my orbital fleet - automated cargo vessels and crew transfer vehicles.

izzu.jpg

I made a config copy of the Salyut Propulsion Unit and reduced its fuel to 500, which is still plenty for a basic LKO service module.

One thing I haven't figured out - why does the Salyut PU have two gimbal transform modules, and why is neither of them applied to the thrust vector transform? The other engines have a single gimbal xform, and it's applied to the thrust vector transform. I stumbled on that when I was trying to figure out a mess of NullReferenceExceptions apparently from MechJeb in my log file once I activated the PU. It turns out the NREs aren't specific to this engine, but I'm still curious about the gimbal transforms.

That's what I guessed initially, but the vid you put up earlier had zenit, so that might have been it. Is that for the launch on Sunday?

Well It might be sunday. who knows. I sort of hope not since I will be working :( and no one ever hosts a full video of a launch...

also any kosmos Zenit will be 3m.

Any word on fixing the actual download so we can actually get a hold of this mod?

As you are experiencing with other attempted downloads, it's a Spaceport problem. Not the mods themselves. Only Squad can fix the problem.

As you are experiencing with other attempted downloads, it's a Spaceport problem. Not the mods themselves. Only Squad can fix the problem.

Yah. I've sent Spaceport a report. Its incredibly frustrating though. Not the modders' fault at all, though I think it is causing a lot of problems that *seem* to be with the mod, a lot of false positives if you like.

It'd be selfish of me to feel entitled, but if a mirror were to be set up, it would solve (most) everybody's problems. Isn't SpacePort being replaced/upgraded in some kind of major way at some point? This makes me think that the current version is unlikely to have major maintenance done...so no more big parts mods unless something else is done. All I personally can do is yell about it and be generally annoying. Sorry!

cBBp, is there any FAQ or guide to using the APAS-69 docking ports in your mod? I spent a few hours last night trying to dock with them and had about a 50% success rate. Sometimes it magnetized and sometimes it didn.t

And a few of the times I undocked, the unfocused craft would fly off tumbling for no apparent reason.

I feel like I'm doing something wrong with the guide fins, but I have no idea.

If there's any tips or tricks with these, I'd appreciate it.