[0.21+] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau: Updated (9/27/13)

Normak

Nk-33 shouldn't be missing a texture. unless you didn't remove the old files before the new ones.

anyway two competeing shapes for the next engine. you have the current shape on the left (green) the next one to the right which is the new design for the same engine that the russians will be making AKA better. also green. followed by Nk-33 Chmaber and Rd-0146 chamber. Which is better of the two green ones?

engine_chambers.png

Nk-33 shouldn't be missing a texture. unless you didn't remove the old files before the new ones.

Huh, ill re-download the pack from Spaceport again, this is the first time I have installed KOSMOS since 0.16 or something so no prior install. Guess my zip got Spaceport'd and corrupted the textures or something. Will report back when I have a fresh download done.

Edit: Can we get a Mediafire mirror for the pack by any chance? Spaceport is awful and keeps cutting downloads after only downloading 15MB of the file, this is after it downloads at 10KB/s due to running all Spaceport downloads off one server with less than good bandwidth. (Give us Steam Workshop please Squad, please...)

Edited by Zaran

It is all ready to roll aside form waiting for Normak to add the descriptions lol. he disappeared. giving him another week I suppose. If not NMB will have the task while we wait for Normaks return.

I'll help with the descriptions: "This part is cool" Copy / paste through the config files. Done. :)

Really, there's no point in waiting. Tell NMB to write descriptions or something. The community really wants this pack. :)

clones? the darker green one is the newest version of the engine. the light green is like the 1960's version lol.

Cones, not clones. :) I prefer the darker green one, it should actually be more efficient.

Ah so I take it that my NK-33 missing it's texture is a known issue to do with the new texture format you are using CBBP?

I am using the NK33 on my Antares clone, with a Advanced SRB from that variable stack-able SRB mod on top it makes a rather good Antares!

Do elaborate about this antares clone, I'd like to see it.

Got some technical difficulties worked out and did some lag testing. I noticed a lot (and I mean a LOT) of wobble on the provided TKS with URM lifter (and this was with stock SAS, not mechjeb). Simply converting 75% of the textures to .tga like you did helped the lag out quite a bit. With some resizing, I'll be able to stream lag free this weekend. I want to get the station framework assembled first. I also am debating which module type would look better up there. FusTek expansion or KOSMOS. For sake of product placement, I'll be using several KOSMOS modules and might even do a Mir replica on stream.

Captain Sierra the wobble is because you need to turn off all but 2 main engine gimbals before launch. the engines are so powerful they place to much power back and forth :)

as for nozzle the blue is the Buran style and the green is the Block D style. still a mystery as to which to choose. the buans style ha sbetter stats than the block D one lol

engine_chambers.png

Do elaborate about this antares clone, I'd like to see it.

It's nothing special, and I am waiting for the half size Advanced SRB's to be released before I go back to trying to work on this but here are a few screenshots. When I say Antares Clone I mean, take two NK33's, stick em on the bottom of a tank and use a SRB upper stage.

u42sBs4.png

DivH8BY.png