[1.0.x] KSP Keyboard Map v2.5 - Old School Gaming (Aug 5)

TriggerAu

2.5 - Updated for 1.0.x + PDFs

I struggled a bit to start with playing KSP getting all the right keystrokes and stuff, and recalled some old games that had "Maps" for what keys to worry about. Knocked most of this together learning vector drawing for my plugin, but realised it might be useful for others (so I added some fancy headings ).

Lost the old thread, but I think I have everything back in here. Below are the images of the Two layouts for Build and flight

[table=width: 1000, align: left]

[tr]

[td]Build Controls[/td]

[td]Flight Controls[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]KeyboardLayout-Build_Small.png[/td]

[td]KeyboardLayout-Flight_Small.png[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Hires Build Image (printable)[/td]

[td]Hires Flight Image (printable)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]pdf.png Hires Build Image (PDF)[/td]

[td]pdf.png Hires Flight Image (PDF)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Dark Versions[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Build Controls[/td]

[td]Flight Controls[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]KeyboardLayout-Build-Dark_Small.png[/td]

[td]KeyboardLayout-Flight-Dark_Small.png[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Hires Build Image - Dark (printable)[/td]

[td]Hires Flight Image - Dark (printable)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]pdf.png Hires Build Image - Dark (PDF)[/td]

[td]pdf.png Hires Flight Image - Dark (PDF)[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Older Version: Many thanks to Dweller_Benthos who helped with converting v1.5 into a handy pdf reference file - Get the PDF here

CC_BY-NC-SA.png This work is licensed under an Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license as outlined at the CreativeCommons site

Edited by TriggerAu
New version 2.5

• 1 month later...

Woo Hoo, this is great! :) It's a little sad that this method of "quick learning" the game have faded away, I always liked densely packed information. Even if you didn't remember all of the keys you at least got a clue of what could be done. And after one reading of such map you could skip tutorial/manual and go into action right away :). Now days I'm happy when we get both keyboard and mouse controls in one game :|.

Hehe, i think i still remember around 90-95% of keyboard shortcuts for F/A:18 3.0, and it was like 150 of them :D

More OT, It would be nice to add small things like, shift + space for jumping on a ladder or double click a window for zoom in.

• 1 month later...

This one fell off my radar for a little bit, but was thinking of doing it up with the 0.21 release. Aside from the other tips in the thread, anyone have any other keystrokes/mouse tips that would be useful added in here?

Just noticed you have I and K reversed under RCS translation control. (It's something that's bugging me for quite a while that by default stands for translate down and [K] for up.)

Also (for the sake of completeness) you could include EVA [shift]+[WSAD] on ladders for lean and jump directions.

Cheers! :)

I've noticed in 0.21 that hitting the enter key in the VAB seems to reset staging, which is annoying as hell since I keep hitting it by accident and I can't find it in the settings menu to remap it. Is this the case for anyone else? Was it always the case? Guess I can start up 0.20 and find out...

I've noticed in 0.21 that hitting the enter key in the VAB seems to reset staging, which is annoying as hell since I keep hitting it by accident and I can't find it in the settings menu to remap it. Is this the case for anyone else? Was it always the case? Guess I can start up 0.20 and find out...

Just tested this, yep, pressing Enter clicks the reset button at the bottom of the staging list in 0.21 , but didn't in 0.20. Well thats a trap if you don't know about it :huh:

I'll add it to the next update of this, it's not listed in the wiki for info

Just tested this, yep, pressing Enter clicks the reset button at the bottom of the staging list in 0.21 , but didn't in 0.20. Well thats a trap if you don't know about it :huh:

Yep. And if enter is large and placed close to the arrows / numpad like on my keyboard

Luckily the staging reset is undo-able with ctrl-Z, but that can be slow when you're working on something with a high part count.

In the build controls, "C" toggles angle snap.

Added these ones to 1.9

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.