[0.22] Kerbal Maps: Web maps of all bodies. Biomes and text info. (v0.11 Oct 8)

saik0

7 hours ago, diomedea said:

@seanth: many thanks for linking that vid. Great teaching about Google Earth customization. Worked a charm here.

Glad it was useful. It's too bad there's no way to overlay height maps (at least there is no way I know of)

• 3 months later...

Would it be difficult to add change the zoom levels?... Its all good, up to 100km... then it goes up to 300km, which is a bit too far out, leaving lots of empty screen space, and overlapping the map quite a lot...

Would it be possible to add 200km level, or change the 300 to 200?

I guess i should ask, since different bodies have different zoom levels, that some bodies go to a 3x zoom level as the final level (ie 100km to 300km), while some do go 2x instead (ie 100km to 200km)...

So I guess I'm asking if maybe 2x could be added or changed for those bodies using 3x as a final zoom level?

Edited by Stone Blue

No. There are dedicated map tiles (image files) for every available zoom level. As i don't have files for 200m zoom, i cannot add a 200m zoom level. Sorry :(

Some of the people in this thread want to fix / revive kerbal maps, but it seems like no one of us has a lot of time for that project.

7 hours ago, damaltor said:

but it seems like no one of us has a lot of time for that project.

Still waiting to hear back from @IvanSanchez - until he comes back this is stalled since he's working on the new KerbalMaps leaflet plugin. I've been too busy to even poke him tho cause I don't have the time to commit to the project myself at the moment. But if he ever comes back on his own I damn well will make time.

16 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Still waiting to hear back from @IvanSanchez - until he comes back this is stalled since he's working on the new KerbalMaps leaflet plugin. I've been too busy to even poke him tho cause I don't have the time to commit to the project myself at the moment. But if he ever comes back on his own I damn well will make time.

...and I'm still trying to find the spare time for this :-)

36 minutes ago, IvanSanchez said:

...and I'm still trying to find the spare time for this :-)

yea, no worries, no rush -  that is what I figured. Just saying that when you're ready, I'll be ready

1 hour ago, smotheredrun said:

Whaaaa?  Unless I am mistaken, this is a GIS based/influenced mod thing?  Finally I can use my University education for something!!!!

have added you to the PM discussion. When things kick back into gear you'll know, if you want to lend assistance

Edited by Drew Kerman

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, damaltor said:

http://ksp.deringenieur.net/ still works for me. Where did you make that screenshot?

that screen shot is from a ksp plugin called "GoAtThrottleUP" it is the background leaflet map of kerbin or at least it is supposed to be. I know the site works...but try zooming in. does it still work for you?

3 minutes ago, damaltor said:

Yes, it still works fine. I dont know where the plugin gets its map data from, but it is probably not my temporary maps.

yeah i see what you mean...i think it may be getting it from the old site...still looking.

This is what i am workjing on The server relay https://github.com/TheTacoScott/GoAtThrottleUp/releases

Edited by Redneck

7 minutes ago, damaltor said:

Well, that was a nice shock in the morning. :p Good luck and no crashes to you.

sorry man...i was trying to fix it and but i think i found the source the dev was using and im trying to point it to your site. But looking at the inspect part in chrome i am seeing this http://prntscr.com/mbee64

Edited by Redneck

on my site, most of the json data is missing. if you have a source for the json files, please give them to me and i will put them up. when i scraped the leftovers from the original kerbalmaps.com, i got most images but only very few json files. they contain biome, height and slope data.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.