Rareden's Projects

Rareden

pluto is a planet, its orbiting the sun, is big enough to be shaped into a sphere from its own gravity and has several moons, therefore its a planet

When I went to school, Pluto WAS a planet lol.

who messed that stuff up, shoot em.

pluto is a planet, its orbiting the sun, is big enough to be shaped into a sphere from its own gravity and has several moons, therefore its a planet

It technically isn't a planet.

From Wikipedia:

"The International Astronomical Union (IAU) defines a dwarf planet as a celestial body in direct orbit of the Sun[1] that is massive enough for its shape to be controlled by gravitation, but that unlike a planet has not cleared its orbital region of other objects"

Definition of a planet:

" A planet is a celestial body that (a) is in orbit around the Sun, (B) has sufficient mass for its self-gravity to overcome rigid body forces so that it assumes a hydrostatic equilibrium (nearly round) shape, and © has cleared the neighbourhood around its orbit.

A 'dwarf planet' is a celestial body that (a) is in orbit around the Sun, (B) has sufficient mass for its self-gravity to overcome rigid body forces so that it assumes a hydrostatic equilibrium (nearly round) shape, © has not cleared the neighbourhood around its orbit, and (d) is not a satellite."

pluto fulfills two of the three criteria. it is in orbit around the sun, it has sufficient mass to be nearly spherical, but has not cleared the neighborhood of its orbit. It is like Eeloo, the only dwarf planet in the kerbol system, since it is the only planetary body that crosses the orbit of another.

Hi Rareden, If you don't mind me asking.. How do you use Ninja Ripper effectively? When I tried it created so many duplicates of objects and only one of those duplicates would have proper textures etc. Basically a whole heap of problems. Have you moved on to a better method, or are you simply unbelievably patient. (I don't think this is the case, not because you aren't patience, just because a master of his art, such as you, will also be the master of workflow :) )

Hi Rareden, If you don't mind me asking.. How do you use Ninja Ripper effectively? When I tried it created so many duplicates of objects and only one of those duplicates would have proper textures etc. Basically a whole heap of problems. Have you moved on to a better method, or are you simply unbelievably patient. (I don't think this is the case, not because you aren't patience, just because a master of his art, such as you, will also be the master of workflow :) )

nope i still do it that way, import all sort through them till you find the right ones

So, trying to fix the derailment i caused earlier.

Do you think kerbal architecture would follow the same color scheme and design as the space center?

And if so, do you think the colors show applied to the cube in this image is about right?

u3rQ4si.png

Hi Rareden!

Just thought I'd flag this up.... this guy has stolen some of my design work without my permission (my banner and some graphic work) and I see he has also used one of your images (which he has edited) without crediting (or asking?).

I've filed a copyright infringement takedown notice for my stuff.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=180722926

Copyright infringement takedown notice ?

Are you serious ?

Why not just contact him quietly and ask for credit or picture removal first ?

I understand you may be a little mad about someone using your stuff without asking, but please don't turn Steam into another Youtube copyright mass fight fest. ;)

Edit : Last picture is hilarious by the way :D

Edited by Athlonic

Hi Rareden!

Just thought I'd flag this up.... this guy has stolen some of my design work without my permission (my banner and some graphic work) and I see he has also used one of your images (which he has edited) without crediting (or asking?).

I've filed a copyright infringement takedown notice for my stuff.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=180722926

Fun fact: with the US government shut down, the copyright office is also closed, therefore people cannot file, nor enforce copyrights.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.