Rareden's Projects

Rareden

13 hours ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Gotchya! TBH in the back of my head I was thinking the same thing but at the same time hoping that instinct was incorrect. I guess I'll just have to wait until I get a powerful enough rig to run KSPRC and some other stuff. Thanks for the reply!

yea if only KSP ran on the unreal engine, or at least if squad could throw some time into graphics.

4 hours ago, Rareden said:

yea if only KSP ran on the unreal engine, or at least if squad could throw some time into graphics.

I would bet on them not doing anything with graphics, just leaving it to the modding community. It seems every update they come out with for the game now-a-days is either to add a few new parts or optimize the game's performance.

4 hours ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

I would bet on them not doing anything with graphics, just leaving it to the modding community. It seems every update they come out with for the game now-a-days is either to add a few new parts or optimize the game's performance.

i find that a major limitation is the part count issues, having large bases on planet surfaces or orbits just kills your frame rate too much to make it enjoyable, 

10 hours ago, Rareden said:

i find that a major limitation is the part count issues, having large bases on planet surfaces or orbits just kills your frame rate too much to make it enjoyable, 

That's true, they do have a good reason to try and optimize, but the time they spend on adding in a few new stock parts isn't needed. They can leave modders like Bac9 and the NearFuture Devs to do that. If they really want to make the game better than it already is they need to work with clouds, atmospheric scattering, etc. I'm sure a team of professional game developers are able to create better graphical experiences than a community of modders, but that's just my humble opinion. Regardless, until they come out with some new graphical updates that rival what has already been accomplished in the modding community, I'll be using KSPRC.

4 hours ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

. I'm sure a team of professional game developers are able to create better graphical experiences than a community of modders, but that's just my humble opinion. Regardless, until they come out with some new graphical updates that rival what has already been accomplished in the modding community, I'll be using KSPRC.

True to an extent, apart from Bethesda, their games are quite graphically mediocre for the year that they release in, then  the modding community quickly pics up where Bethesda was lazy.

16 minutes ago, Rareden said:

True to an extent, apart from Bethesda, their games are quite graphically mediocre for the year that they release in, then  the modding community quickly pics up where Bethesda was lazy.

I'd agree that the most recent ones from Bethesda aren't up to par with others, though it's definitely a step up from their previous games. I'm a big fan of the fallout series, and graphics isn't what draws me to them. Fallout 3 continues to be one of my all-time favorite games due to its story line. So, judging from the artwork you've posted, do you think you'd ever get into making modded textures, or custom sun flares, etc. for the modding community?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.