[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Could you link a craft where the problem occurs? It'll help figure out wtf is happening here, thanks :)

I figured out what I did wrong. I had the wings placed so that they were in contact with one another, and not supported due to the weight of what they were carrying causing them to break.

Have you noticed the best thing about new ladders, by the way? You no longer need additional rotated ladders to climb onto a platform, kerbals orient themselves horizontally upon reaching the top and don't fall down!

I figured out what I did wrong. I had the wings placed so that they were in contact with one another, and not supported due to the weight of what they were carrying causing them to break.

You should be able to overlap wings. I've never had any problem doing it before. I reported this issue to ferram4.

Perhaps I'm missing something but is there a way to make sure what's in the cargo bay is secured? For example, if I built a probe carrier with the intention of having it launch and pick up probes using any of the cargo bays (with doors) is there anything that would stop the probe from impacting the inside of the bay and causing destruction of itself and anything else around it?

Mr. Computer runs on witchcraft and all credit for that alien technology goes to Snjo. Wouldn't be possible without his Firespitter.dll plugin. :)

(By the way, you can press buttons and use different menus, woah, right?)

I may have to talk to Snjo about how to implement that... it looks amazing! :D Today is a good day for KSP :)

Also, NINE PAGES of replies in 12 hours! Bac9, you are truly skilled/famous! :cool:

Perhaps I'm missing something but is there a way to make sure what's in the cargo bay is secured? For example, if I built a probe carrier with the intention of having it launch and pick up probes using any of the cargo bays (with doors) is there anything that would stop the probe from impacting the inside of the bay and causing destruction of itself and anything else around it?

Here is an inspiration album just for you! :)

http://imgur.com/a/KMK1m#0

I saw there is an adaptor for the HL fuselages to the mk4 fuselages. Where do I actually get mk4 fuselage parts though?

I was going to make a transport aircraft for moving rovers across kerbin but sadly they are ever so slightly wider than the wide tail gate for the HL. A mk4 fuselage and tail would be nice.

I saw there is an adaptor for the HL fuselages to the mk4 fuselages. Where do I actually get mk4 fuselage parts though?

I was going to make a transport aircraft for moving rovers across kerbin but sadly they are ever so slightly wider than the wide tail gate for the HL. A mk4 fuselage and tail would be nice.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/mk4-fuselage-system/

Here ya go :)

This stuff looks fantastic, but no matter how many struts I add, every time I drop this on the runway I get this :(

8669282344_f69253de86_c.jpg

Using the FAR versions. I'd use a different tail as I don't need the door, but there doesn't seem to be one.

It looks like you have only used struts connected to the nearest tank. Connect the tail to other tank or an engine or a wing and see if that helps.

Thanks for you kind words and great feedback, it's very appreciated and makes all the work worth it!

There is an adapter from standard S2 to wide body, it's that part with large intakes. Admittedly, I haven't designed a simple adapter as it would have looked more boring, but I promise I will add it into the next release. :) Inline docking port, too, is a great idea. I have mostly dismissed the idea of an inline port because I dislike wasting significant chunk of the fuselage for one small functional piece on top, which is especially true for large HL fuselage. But oh well, I guess small systems like MK2 and S2 could benefit from inline docking port, I'll make that.

Happy to provide positive feedback for awesome parts!

I figured the part with the intakes was considered the adapter piece but I just wanted to be sure. As for the inline clamp I just thought it would fit nicely with your pieces for spaceplanes.

You might also be aware of this, but connecting docking ports in the HL cargo bays is almost impossible.

I'm having problems with the (FAR versions) SH modular wings - they build OK in the SPH, but every time I go to launch, they explode. Well, the square ones do, at least. Any suggestions? (I have a few mods installed, any known conflicts?)

I also end up with a weird situation where my CoL is off-centre, despite the craft being totally symmetrical. If I remove/replace the wings, the CoL can then end up the other side of the centre-line (left/right), or it can go back to where it should be. It's totally inconsistent (again, with the SH modular wings).

Edited by Scautura
Added the CoL issue

I'm having problems with the (FAR versions) SH modular wings - they build OK in the SPH, but every time I go to launch, they explode. Well, the square ones do, at least. Any suggestions? (I have a few mods installed, any known conflicts?) I also end up with a weird situation where my CoL is off-centre, despite the craft being totally symmetrical. If I remove/replace the wings, the CoL can then end up the other side of the centre-line (left/right), or it can go back to where it should be. It's totally inconsistent (again, with the SH modular wings).

Seems to be a problem with FAR, Taverius already reproduced and reported it afaik.

Seems to be a problem with FAR, Taverius already reproduced and reported it afaik.

Yeah, I noticed the CoL issue in the Ferram thread (it's just cosmetic).

I also noticed that the wings don't explode with the default config, only the Ferram ones. I didn't see anything that said it was one or the other, so thought you could do with a heads up. It's kinda frustrating when your ship goes kablooey on the runway!

Everything else is beautiful. I don't know why I didn't use this earlier!

[insert praise echoing everyone elses here] :D

That said, anyone else getting major lag in the MK2 on IVA? All the other 'pits seem fine though.

Rendering these interactive displays is a fairly complicated task involving 3 part modules powered by a plugin, and yeah, it can slow the fps down on some computers. I will look into replacing two secondary screens situated in MK2 IVA in front of the first pilot with static ones, similar to S2 interior. That will slash the load in half and should improve performance.

Thirded the exploding wing issue. I'm really liking the kit though, thanks for the work :)

I got my behemoth airborne to some extent; the fuselage sections have some rather odd clipping/warping issue at the joins at certain angles, shows up as the black arcs in this screenshot.

8669492568_d948a02196_c.jpg

Is it possible to FAR-enable the cockpits in the distribution, btw? I'll edit them myself anyway if there's nothing that will clash, but it would be convenient if they came like that.

Edited by Van Disaster