[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Thirded the exploding wing issue. I'm really liking the kit though, thanks for the work :)

I got my behemoth airborne to some extent; the fuselage sections have some rather odd clipping/warping issue at the joins at certain angles, shows up as the black arcs in this screenshot.

8669492568_d948a02196_c.jpg

Looks amazing! Nice use of tail sections to blend stuff into the wing.

Is it possible to make an IVA pfd like that drawn on the left screen on the s2?

Theoretically possible, but enormously complicated (essentially it's coding another navball from scratch) and there is no such functionality in Firespitter.dll. Snjo looked into that though, so maybe one day such a display will be available. :)

Is it possible to FAR-enable the cockpits in the distribution, btw? I'll edit them myself anyway if there's nothing that will clash, but it would be convenient if they came like that.

They are, but I missed the MK5 cockpit somehow. It'll be in tomorrow or something.

The S3 cockpit IVA is glitched.

WnqGzA3m.jpg

And the S5 cockpit reverts to KSP's default 3 person IVA cockpit.

Unfortunately, these two cockpits don't have their own dedicated IVA scenes yet. Making one is an extremely complicated task, and I have only managed to make two in the time that has passed from the previous release: for S2 and MK2 cockpits. Custom IVA availability in marked on cockpit posters on the first page. :)

By the way, MK5 cockpit was initially planned to use stock MK3 internal, hence the similar windows, but as you can see, developers haven't yet modeled that interior at all.

You can add the "B9_IVA_Display" to mk1pod,and share with us?

I can't, because I don't have the source files for any stock IVAs and therefore can't determine proper coordinates for placement of that prop.

Unfortunately, these two cockpits don't have their own dedicated IVA scenes yet. Making one is an extremely complicated task, and I have only managed to make two in the time that has passed from the previous release: for S2 and MK2 cockpits. Custom IVA availability in marked on cockpit posters on the first page. :)

By the way, MK5 cockpit was initially planned to use stock MK3 internal, hence the similar windows, but as you can see, developers haven't yet modeled that interior at all.

I can't, because I don't have the source files for any stock IVAs and therefore can't determine proper coordinates for placement of that prop.

Has the MK5 cockpit been tested with the MK3 IVA internal mod? I haven't got around to trying this myself yet, been having too much fun with the MK2 fitting cockpit of yours, which is wonderfully done. (blows mine out the water I'd say) Things I'd recommend, although I know this is in Snjo's territory, would be an option for orbital displays on the MFD (at the minimum, an apogee/perigee readout)

Has the MK5 cockpit been tested with the MK3 IVA internal mod?

I just tried it out and your IVA seems to end up being behind the external model when you switch to internal view. You can see the back of the MK5 is just in front of the windows.

Ah. I see.

I thought there was a screenshot of the S3 IVA on first page, though. Was that just a work in progress, or am I mistaken?

I like the flight computers, too. It would be nice to see imperial added to the measurements.

I love how the cockpits are overwhelmingly big on the inside. I hope the S5 one continue this.

Edited by footman04

Until now I only had the first release of parts (2m pod and drone and some cargo parts), but DAYUM have you made some progress in the pack. I might've forgotten to subscribe to the first thread, though so I guess that was to be expected. :rolleyes:

Good work man. Now I need another fresh installation of KSP. Well timed, though, as I needed to start over anyway. RemoteTech update.

I salute you, good sir on an amazing set of parts. I will be messing around with them a lot.

Beautiful pack, however whenever i launch an aeroplane it falls apart on the runway (even with 6 struts connecting every single part), does anyone else have this problem?