[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Hey, wanted to let you guys know the new version is MUCH more solid on the runway. I was able to fly the cargo plane around a bit before the back fell off, but now I can at least strut the fuselage extenders and mitigate some of that wobble. The example space plane was rock solid (Didn't make it to orbit, but that's my fault).

I'll do some more testing later with a exploration vessel I'm working on, but on a whole it's much easier to use the parts.

I was also wondering - maybe you guys could add fuel to some of the adapters and intake parts? They're HUGE, and sometimes it's hard to create the design you're looking for because there's no propellant in these parts. As they're bigger than the actual fuel sections, it seems like not having any fuel in them is a big waste of space.

I agree with these in principle, the problem is always that if you add fuel to them you then need 3 versions, structural, LF and LFO, of each part.

Since the db system C7 and Mu are working on isn't here till .20 that would mean even more parts in the parts list and even longer loading times.

just a suggestion, you have a bunch of various S2 structural sections, can we get long fuel sections too? it would help with the wobble and reduce part count on some designs.

Similar to the above, there's already a lot of parts in the pack, so it may or may not happen.

Due to the model root being moved to the wing root all B9 wings have to be reattached in 2-4.

What do you mean? How do I fix this myself? I have played around with the cfg files, to no avail.

What do you mean? How do I fix this myself? I have played around with the cfg files, to no avail.

I you made a craft with the wings in the original release you have to pick them up and reattach them. In other words rebuild the wings.

As for FAR exploding, we've fixed some of the test craft and are hunting down causes for the last craft I have where thing blow up.

Edit: just fixed it on all crafts we have. Release soon, FAR-fans.

Edited by Taverius

Well, I just tried to make another plane. It took off and flew pretty well, which astonished me (I am TERRIBLE at planes), until the center of mass shifted a bit too much.

At this point, it became pretty much unflyable, and I was forced to land on a nearby island.

I feel like avionics could've helped - but there's no nosecone mount on the S2 plane cockpits, and the 1.25m inline avionics I made for myself (obviously) doesn't fit.

Will there be an avionics package for the S2 and S2 Widebody parts?

I you made a craft with the wings in the original release you have to pick them up and reattach them. In other words rebuild the wings.

As for FAR exploding, we've fixed some of the test craft and are hunting down causes for the last craft I have where thing blow up.

Edit: just fixed it on all crafts we have. Release soon, FAR-fans.

That's what I though you meant. OK, I can try that, but the bug is present on all of the wings, regardless of whether or not the craft is new or not. If I read your post correctly, however, this is fixed, and I can use FAR again :)

Minor bug report: the M25 drone core technically has a crew of 3 kerbals which die when it crashes. So it's not really a drone.

So it's really just a prison with no windows for kerbals? YOU ARE A MONSTER Bac9!

Minor bug report: the M25 drone core technically has a crew of 3 kerbals which die when it crashes. So it's not really a drone.

Thanks! I was sure I had fixed this way back then b9 first made that cockpit but it looks like it got lost somewhere along the way. Fixed in next release.

Well, I just tried to make another plane. It took off and flew pretty well, which astonished me (I am TERRIBLE at planes), until the center of mass shifted a bit too much.

At this point, it became pretty much unflyable, and I was forced to land on a nearby island.

I feel like avionics could've helped - but there's no nosecone mount on the S2 plane cockpits, and the 1.25m inline avionics I made for myself (obviously) doesn't fit.

Will there be an avionics package for the S2 and S2 Widebody parts?

Nothing will help you if you design so that when fuel goes away your CoM moves behind your CoL.

Design so the fuel load is balanced around the CoM. If your engines are at the back and drawing front to back, use the TAC Fuel Balancer plugin from spaceport.

As far as ASAS/Avionics, surface-attachable ones are done and will be in next release.

That's what I though you meant. OK, I can try that, but the bug is present on all of the wings, regardless of whether or not the craft is new or not. If I read your post correctly, however, this is fixed, and I can use FAR again :)

Well, we moved the wing origin so you have to reattach, but in the currently released version the delta wings still explode some crafts.

That is fixed in our development version, will be out later today.

Edited by Taverius

ejdZ2ZG.png

Changelog:

â–¼ R2.5 // Current version

The notorious FAR bug with spontaneously exploding delta wings is solved completely (it turns out mesh colliders with triangular surfaces aren't supported).

FAR configs merged with stock configs, no need to install them separately anymore.

MK5 cockpit hatch obstruction issue completely fixed. Unfortunately, the solution involved offsetting the part, so you will have to reattach that cockpit on all your crafts. Fortunately, in contrast with wings, that would be easy to do.

Further rebalancing of some parts.

Updated existing example crafts:

- D-175 Strugatsky heavy transport plane (docking clamp in the cargo hold, action group to close cargo doors, MK5 repositioned after, ACU unit)

- BRV-4 Heinlein SSTO spaceplane (balance updates, additional control surfaces, ASAS unit)

Added new example craft: I8-L Bradbury, supersonic crew transport capable of taking 12 passengers on board.

Added new parts:

- Radial ASAS

- Radial avionics (ACU)

- MK2 ASAS nose cone

- SH/SE 1m control surfaces

Fixed the shading issues on S2 cockpit model.

Removed hidden kerbals from D25 drone core that were added to it by default.

This update would be impossible without brilliant detective work by Taverius.

Radial ASAS & ACU screenshots :

OIB5IRdm.jpg

YvrhFCmm.jpg

TjD87ivm.jpg

I8-L Bradbury screenshot:

sQ3eofWm.png

Edited by bac9

In any case, great to see a new update. Does it include removing the Kerbals trapped in the D25, or are they still stuck in there?

Oh, it does, forgot to mention that!