[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Good job with the building of that! I also wonder how you did get it there, a lot of trial and error or *edit*? You should share that save file so more can move in haha.

Anyways, i liked this pack for long but never shared screens(i think) so:

t5dX3hU.png

9P29QRD.png

TpYinqR.png

cheers

Edited by ahappydude

i used an asparagus staged rocket to send the house into orbit. 4 detachable engines at the landing stage that fire along with the lift stage to spread out the stress. and a docking node at the top to fix the nav ball.

as for the trial and error part.. maybe not as much error as dumb luck finding a close enough COM the first time around. and i suppose experience helps.

http://i.imgur.com/9Bs1QCq.jpg because, pics or it didn't happen

the trick to putting random stuff onto the mun is finding the center of mass. then placing thrust along that center point. the second trick is getting the engines/tanks underneath to explode after landing without setting fire to your house.. oh, nvm there's no oxygen in space so good luck torching the house. in this case i simply decouple the house's 4 main engines high enough off surface that they explode yet low enough to allow the landing gear save the house from sharing the same fate. in hindsight i should have used a rover equipped with a mass relay to melt off the engines and fuel tanks after a safe landing.

Good job with the building of that! I also wonder how you did get it there, a lot of trial and error or *edit*? You should share that save file so more can move in haha.

Anyways, i liked this pack for long but never shared screens(i think) so:

[img=http://i.imgur.com/t5dX3hU.png]
[img=http://i.imgur.com/9P29QRD.png]
[img=http://i.imgur.com/TpYinqR.png]

cheers

What are those parts from? The cylinders and the engines?

Sorry for not replying, nope its the nuclear engine from this pack but i tried making it a strut so i could try a things out ;) The vessel in the pics is an gemeni, when you hit space you can if you like dedock and fly individual . Btw, your iva are so insanely beatiful. Your new wings are both slick and usefull so cheers

Here's an issue. I downloaded the B9 Aerospace pack R2-3, and I'm missing the S3 engine mount, and all of the ships. Is there an updated version?

Yes there is, we are on 2-5 not 2-3

Taverius or B9, are we going to see smaller versions of your landing legs? Or do we have to manually edit them ourselves? On another note (not pushing for an ETA just curious), how's 2-6 with the sabres and ect coming along?

Smaller versions of legs aren't planned as clearance with existing ones is already so tiny it necessitated adding a low-profile engine. Stock legs are easier to use and more appropriate for smaller/lighter crafts.

2.6 is coming along nicely, with quite a mountain of new content. Can't give ETA, but SABRE are more or less done, and other content is at around 70%.

Good to know for the legs, thanks.

Also thanks for the immediate reply!

Yeah I know asking for ETAs are a bad idea I was just asking how it was coming along. I appreciate your fairly regular updates and your really HQ work, they're some of my favorite parts to use.

Will the S3 have a cockpit light, and are there any plans ever for an S2 cargo bay? I know others have asked about the latter I just don't know if you've responded (if you have, sorry!).

Edit: the ladder lights do not toggle like stock landing gear visibility lights or radially attached lights, and they cannot be right clicked to turn them on in space but function normally with action groups, and have the tweakables menu for light activation once the vessel has successfully landed.

Edited by shadowsutekh

@Bac9 I'm having a odd issue, trying to use the VTOL rockets inline with wings causes my center of lift to pitch way the hell forward and no repositioning corrects it. I'm using 2-5. Basically I'm trying to reproduce the STTO plane Scott Manley showed off in a recent Vid. Here is a pic of what I'm getting.

Center Of Lift

screenshot0-2.jpg

Also Showing Center Of Mass

screenshot1-2.jpg

Once I remove the VTOL engines the center of lift straightens right back to vertical but I can't for the life of me figure this out. Is this a glitch with the engines or well ... WHAT? I'm totally lost ..

HELP !!!

I dont understand how to use the M2 Cargo parts type A and type B.

I can use one of the 2 to make a closed fuselaje, but not sure what is the difference between the 2 parts and how to put something inside.

The "B" variant has closing doors; the "A" variant doesn't. To put something inside, you have to enable part clipping. The easiest way to do it is to build your payload outside the M2 cargo bay, then attach a docking port to the attachment node inside the first cargo bay, and finally attaching your payload to that docking port.

I'm currently having a couple of weird problems, and I'm wondering if anyone might have some sort of idea what's going on, maybe seen this before, or has an idea how to fix them. These problems are both occurring on my first B9 ship:

1) On the M2 Cargo Hold Type B, I don't seem to be able to open the doors. I tried right-clicking on it and clicking Toggle, and nothing happens. It shows Status: Locked. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's bugged or what the deal is.

2) During the ascent into orbit, the focus of my camera begins slowly drifting off the rear of the craft. By the time I reach orbit, it's centered at least 2km behind it, which makes it impossible to properly operate the thing.

Any thoughts?

Will the S3 have a cockpit light

Yes. Unfortunately, KSP does not support multiple animations affecting the same entity, so shielding animation is completely removed. No way around it.

and are there any plans ever for an S2 cargo bay? I know others have asked about the latter I just don't know if you've responded (if you have, sorry!).

Yes, planned, and already done. It will come in 2m and 6m variety. There will also be S2 widebody cargo bay that is so enormous you can probably fit another plane into it.

Yes. Unfortunately, KSP does not support multiple animations affecting the same entity, so shielding animation is completely removed. No way around it.

Yes, planned, and already done. It will come in 2m and 6m variety. There will also be S2 widebody cargo bay that is so enormous you can probably fit another plane into it.

Huzzah! Fantastic! Can't wait to see that. It'll finally be possible to make a viable spaceplane with just S2 Widebody parts. Thanks for your work on this, Bac9.

I'm currently having a couple of weird problems, and I'm wondering if anyone might have some sort of idea what's going on, maybe seen this before, or has an idea how to fix them. These problems are both occurring on my first B9 ship:

1) On the M2 Cargo Hold Type B, I don't seem to be able to open the doors. I tried right-clicking on it and clicking Toggle, and nothing happens. It shows Status: Locked. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's bugged or what the deal is.

2) During the ascent into orbit, the focus of my camera begins slowly drifting off the rear of the craft. By the time I reach orbit, it's centered at least 2km behind it, which makes it impossible to properly operate the thing.

Any thoughts?

I've narrowed the second problem down to a point at which the Cargo Hold seems to just... disappear. Nothing in the flight logs. It looks like this when it happens:

Zdqrjh1.jpg

The non-opening door also happens while it's still on the ground.

Tell me you're going to release an inline docking port and you'll be the best :D